Windows 10: Screen Resolution option has disappeared

Discus and support Screen Resolution option has disappeared in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've had my computer for almost 5 years now and I have consistently used the screen resolution 1920x1080. I restarted my computer about an hour ago at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OlimarAlpha, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Screen Resolution option has disappeared

I've had my computer for almost 5 years now and I have consistently used the screen resolution 1920x1080. I restarted my computer about an hour ago at the request of Avast Antivirus. When the computer reloaded, I noticed the things on the screen had moved and enlarged in a way that was obviously a screen resolution change.

I went into Display Settings, down to Display Resolution drop-down box, and changed it from 800x600 to 1920x1080. However, upon clicking 1920x1080, no change occurred, nor was there an error message. I reopened the drop-down box to find that the option of 1920x1080 had disappeared.

I have tried restarting the computer again. Upon reopening Display Settings, I tried changing the resolution again. This time it worked. However, the 1920x1080 option was still missing.

I also tried updating my video card drivers, but this did not fix the issue.

submitted by /u/OlimarAlpha
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/OlimarAlpha, Sep 30, 2020

2. Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 30, 2020
  3. Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 30, 2020
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

Screen Resolution option has disappeared

Increasing mirrored screen resolution

Hi Sam,

To further assist you, we would like to know what is the make and model of your HD TV? We also suggest that you check if there's an option to change the resolution through your TV.

You can also follow these steps on how to adjust screen resolution through Control Panel:

• Open Control Panel, under Appearance and Personalization, click
      Adjust screen resolution.
    • Click the name of your HD TV, then click the drop down for Resolution.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

Screen Resolution option has disappeared

1. Screen Resolution option has disappeared - Similar Threads - Screen Resolution option

2. The sleep option has disappeared

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The sleep option has disappeared: The option of putting my desktop in sleep mode no longer shows up when I go to power options. I can hibernate it, but can't seem to restore the sleep option. Any suggestions?...
  3. The sleep option has disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The sleep option has disappeared: The option of putting my desktop in sleep mode no longer shows up when I go to power options. I can hibernate it, but can't seem to restore the sleep option. Any suggestions?...
  4. The sleep option has disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sleep Option Has Disappeared

Sleep Option Has Disappeared: After months of having the sleep option on my windows 11 PC, it has disappeared. I have tried everything I know in the troubleshooting guides to no avail. Specifically, I have followed the fixes in this article,...
  6. Sleep Option Has Disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep Option Has Disappeared: After months of having the sleep option on my windows 11 PC, it has disappeared. I have tried everything I know in the troubleshooting guides to no avail. Specifically, I have followed the fixes in this article,...
  7. Screen Resolution Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Resolution Options: Why is 1600x900 resolution no longer supported by Windows? What was the rationale behind that really stupid decision? Your website is littered with complaints about this issue, yet you seem not to care in the least. Why? What is so "awful" about 1600x900 resolution? I just...
  8. Screen Resolution Options

Screen Resolution Options: Why is 1600x900 resolution no longer supported by Windows? What was the rationale behind that really stupid decision? Your website is littered with complaints about this issue, yet you seem not to care in the least. Why? What is so "awful" about 1600x900 resolution? I just...
  9. Screen Resolution Options

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Why has Screen Resolution option disappeared from Windows 10 Control Panel?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why has Screen Resolution option disappeared from Windows 10 Control Panel?: Many customisable settings are now being pushed and narrowed under the rusty settings of Windows 10, now I'm unable to make Windows think I have a fake second display and cast extend my display. And I don't want third-party software to do the job. All advices are related to...