Windows 10: Screen Resolution Options

Discus and support Screen Resolution Options in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why is 1600x900 resolution no longer supported by Windows? What was the rationale behind that really stupid decision? Your website is littered with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by thdphd, May 10, 2022.

1. thdphd Win User

Screen Resolution Options

Why is 1600x900 resolution no longer supported by Windows? What was the rationale behind that really stupid decision? Your website is littered with complaints about this issue, yet you seem not to care in the least. Why? What is so "awful" about 1600x900 resolution? I just bought a new monitor and its native resolution is 1600x900 which is not even a choice in Windows 10 Pro my OS at this time. I've been using Microsoft software since DOS was king. I have not known you to make such a user indifferent OS change in all that time. I don't want to change OS's but I will not live with everything

:)

thdphd, May 10, 2022
Thema:

Screen Resolution Options

1. Screen Resolution Options - Similar Threads - Screen Resolution Options

2. Incorrect screen resolution on install, cannot see options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect screen resolution on install, cannot see options: I am carrying out clean instal of windows 11 after having to replace motherboard and cpu. The motherboard only has HDMI out. for display The problem is that the resolution is not adjusted correctly and the screen does not really fit on the display correctly. This is okay...
  3. Incorrect screen resolution on install, cannot see options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect screen resolution on install, cannot see options: I am carrying out clean instal of windows 11 after having to replace motherboard and cpu. The motherboard only has HDMI out. for display The problem is that the resolution is not adjusted correctly and the screen does not really fit on the display correctly. This is okay...
  4. Screen Resolution Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Resolution Options: Why is 1600x900 resolution no longer supported by Windows? What was the rationale behind that really stupid decision? Your website is littered with complaints about this issue, yet you seem not to care in the least. Why? What is so "awful" about 1600x900 resolution? I just...
  5. Screen Resolution Options

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Resolution Options: Why is 1600x900 resolution no longer supported by Windows? What was the rationale behind that really stupid decision? Your website is littered with complaints about this issue, yet you seem not to care in the least. Why? What is so "awful" about 1600x900 resolution? I just...
  6. Screen Resolution option has disappeared

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen Resolution option has disappeared: I've had my computer for almost 5 years now and I have consistently used the screen resolution 1920x1080. I restarted my computer about an hour ago at the request of Avast Antivirus. When the computer reloaded, I noticed the things on the screen had moved and enlarged in a...
  7. Screen Resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Resolution: Hello, My Dell U3818DW is running Windows 10. This monitor is connected to NVIDIA NVS 510, which max resolution is 3840x2160. In display settings the highest resolution it lets me pick is 1920x1080. Windows help suggest I update my graphics driver, but Windows Update...
  8. Screen resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen resolution: Hello How do I change the screen resolution to 1600 x 900 in windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/screen-resolution/0e331887-527d-4cb1-875c-e3a070c88589
  9. No 1920x1080 resolution option

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No 1920x1080 resolution option: My screen suddenly went from 1920x1080 to 1024x768 in the middle of running Windows 10. Never had this problem before and the resolution was just fine on Windows 10 until this happened. This would be easy to fix if the Resolution options in the Display menu had 1920x1080,...
  10. Resolution Options

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Resolution Options: I have only two resolution options,in Nvidia control panel and Windows 10 display settings, 1024x768 or 800x600. When i reinstall the drivers i can get back to the native resolution of 1920x1200, but as soon as i reboot windows i only get the two options of 1024x768 and...