Windows 10: Screen Resolution Stuck at 720p

Discus and support Screen Resolution Stuck at 720p in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Overview I recently performed a clean install on my PC, a HP Probook 445 G7. After installation the display quality made the system barely usable. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mellow Saint, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Screen Resolution Stuck at 720p

Overview I recently performed a clean install on my PC, a HP Probook 445 G7. After installation the display quality made the system barely usable. I checked the display resolution and discovered it was greyed out and stuck at 1280 * 720, whereas my screen size is 1920 * 1080.System Specs System Name: HP Probook 445 G7 RAM: 8GBCPU: AMD Radeon 4500UGPU: None Storage: 255GB SSDAttempted Solutions FirstI updated the system using the built-in windows update.I performed another clean install.SecondI went to device manager and uninstalled the generic display drivers.I updated the system and downloade

:)

Mellow Saint, Jun 23, 2022

2. Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 23, 2022
  3. Screen Resolution

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have a few doubts regarding your Windows 10 screen resolution. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error message or error code on the screen?

• What is the model of your computer?

• Are you able to access the modern apps?

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    Refer to: How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the
      Search
      box from the desktop.
    • Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on
      Apply.
    • A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please reply with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jun 23, 2022
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

Screen Resolution Stuck at 720p

Increasing mirrored screen resolution

Hi Sam,

To further assist you, we would like to know what is the make and model of your HD TV? We also suggest that you check if there's an option to change the resolution through your TV.

You can also follow these steps on how to adjust screen resolution through Control Panel:

• Open Control Panel, under Appearance and Personalization, click
      Adjust screen resolution.
    • Click the name of your HD TV, then click the drop down for Resolution.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

Screen Resolution Stuck at 720p

1. Screen Resolution Stuck at 720p - Similar Threads - Screen Resolution Stuck

2. Screen Resolution Stuck at 720p

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Resolution Stuck at 720p: Overview I recently performed a clean install on my PC, a HP Probook 445 G7. After installation the display quality made the system barely usable. I checked the display resolution and discovered it was greyed out and stuck at 1280 * 720, whereas my screen size is 1920 *...
  3. Screen resolution stuck at 1024x768

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen resolution stuck at 1024x768: Good day guys, I am having a screen resolution problem. Recently I have upgraded my rig, and after upgrading, my monitor resolution is stuck at 1024x768. I am using Dell E1912H which Native Resolution 1366 x 768 at 60 Hz, VGA Interfaces. Besides it's showing as non generic...
  4. Screen Resolution Stuck After Turning Monitor Off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen Resolution Stuck After Turning Monitor Off: I built a PC for gaming recently and encountered some strange behavior. Namely, if I turn the (1440p, DP) monitor off with the computer on, the resolution switches to 1024x768 (with the option of 800x600) and will not switch back until I reboot. Has anyone seen this?...
  5. screen resolutions

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen resolutions: I have a new desk top pc on windows 10. The screen resolution was not good so I changed the display resolution increasing it to the maximum number not really sure of what I was doing...doh. Now the pc doesn't let me do anything but just displays an error message on the...
  6. Screen Resolution

Screen Resolution: My "recommended" screen resolution is no longer an option and my display does not fill the entire monitor. EVERY time Microsoft does an update, this happens to me. EVERY SINGLE TIME!!! So frustrating! Usually I can re-set my display settings but this time it will not....
  7. my screen is stuck in the wrong resolution win 10

my screen is stuck in the wrong resolution win 10: my screen is stuck in a realy thin resoloution my resoloutin is set to 1366 by 768 which is the size of my screen but on my screen it is realy squashed and bright, i have turned off and on and unpluged the cables and pluged them back in with no prevail...
  8. Screen Resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Resolution: Hello, My Dell U3818DW is running Windows 10. This monitor is connected to NVIDIA NVS 510, which max resolution is 3840x2160. In display settings the highest resolution it lets me pick is 1920x1080. Windows help suggest I update my graphics driver, but Windows Update...
  9. Screen resolution

Screen resolution: Hello How do I change the screen resolution to 1600 x 900 in windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/screen-resolution/0e331887-527d-4cb1-875c-e3a070c88589
  10. Screen resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen resolution: Sorry if this has been asked and answered before (if it has can anyone direct me to the solution) Right then, I took advantage to "upgrade" from W7 to W10, everything went well except that the screen displays at a wider angle than it should i.e. my photo on my desktop...