Windows 10: Screen resolution suddenly locked at 1280×1024

Discus and support Screen resolution suddenly locked at 1280×1024 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, i have a fairly new HD monitor that I've been using at 1920×1080 since i bought it six months ago and now suddenly i find myself locked at 640×480... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KeithLY, Jun 21, 2020.

1. KeithLY Win User

Screen resolution suddenly locked at 1280×1024

Hi, i have a fairly new HD monitor that I've been using at 1920×1080 since i bought it six months ago and now suddenly i find myself locked at 640×480 resolution using DVI. Switched to HDMI cable to see if that would help and now I'm locked in at 1280×1024 max. System is Windows 10 with an integrated AMD A4-3400 Radeon card. When i go to advanced display settings>display adapter properties, the options to roll back the driver and uninstall the driver are both greyed out. And when i try to update>search automatically for updated driver software, it says i already have the best drivers installed Microsoft basic display driver. Any help would be massively appreciated, I'm pulling my hair out now. It worked flawlessly until two days ago when i tried turning on the computer.

:)

KeithLY, Jun 21, 2020

2. Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Lock-Screen Resolution.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

I would suggest you to update your display drivers and check:

• Press Windows + X keys on your keyboard.
    • Select Device manager
    • Locate your display drivers and select update driver.
    You may also type lock screen in the search bar and click on it which should take you to the lock screen settings. There you can personalize your lock screen.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us with the results. We are happy to help.

Joy Kemprai, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Screen resolution suddenly locked at 1280×1024

Screen Resolution

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have a few doubts regarding your Windows 10 screen resolution. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error message or error code on the screen?

• What is the model of your computer?

• Are you able to access the modern apps?

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    Refer to: How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the
      Search
      box from the desktop.
    • Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on
      Apply.
    • A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please reply with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Screen resolution suddenly locked at 1280×1024

1. Screen resolution suddenly locked at 1280×1024 - Similar Threads - Screen resolution suddenly

2. No resolution above 1280 x 800

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No resolution above 1280 x 800: I just built a new PC, running with a MSI Pro Z790-A motherboard, and a GEForce RTX Ventus 3060. My monitor is a Dell 3007 WFP with a DVI connector.On my previous PC, which had a GEForce 8800 GTX and running Windows 7, I was able to get 1900 x 1200. But for some reason, I do...
  3. No resolution above 1280 x 800

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No resolution above 1280 x 800: I just built a new PC, running with a MSI Pro Z790-A motherboard, and a GEForce RTX Ventus 3060. My monitor is a Dell 3007 WFP with a DVI connector.On my previous PC, which had a GEForce 8800 GTX and running Windows 7, I was able to get 1900 x 1200. But for some reason, I do...
  4. My Resolution stuck on 1024 x 768

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Resolution stuck on 1024 x 768: I recently updated my laptop from windows 10 to 11. First few days it worked fine but one day I got a windows update and the issue persists since that day. I have tried reinstalling the latest drivers, manually as well, and rebooting the laptop but it did not work out. The...
  5. My Resolution stuck on 1024 x 768

My Resolution stuck on 1024 x 768: I recently updated my laptop from windows 10 to 11. First few days it worked fine but one day I got a windows update and the issue persists since that day. I have tried reinstalling the latest drivers, manually as well, and rebooting the laptop but it did not work out. The...
  6. Problem with my HP core i5" Cannot display this video mode optimum resolution 1280 × 1024 "...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with my HP core i5" Cannot display this video mode optimum resolution 1280 × 1024 "...: I have a problem with my HP core i5" Cannot display this video mode optimum resolution 1280 × 1024 " And my Pc is shutdown. When I am restart it then still have this issue. Please help me how can I resolve it? * Moved from Community Center * Original title: I have a problem...
  7. Problem with my HP core i5" Cannot display this video mode optimum resolution 1280 × 1024 "...

Problem with my HP core i5" Cannot display this video mode optimum resolution 1280 × 1024 "...: I have a problem with my HP core i5" Cannot display this video mode optimum resolution 1280 × 1024 " And my Pc is shutdown. When I am restart it then still have this issue. Please help me how can I resolve it? * Moved from Community Center * Original title: I have a problem...
  8. Unable to change resolution to higher than 1280"1024 (with driver installed)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to change resolution to higher than 1280"1024 (with driver installed): It happened after I changed some of the settings to save some spare space from my C:/. Changes I've made: Changed Virtual RAM to other disk(X:/). Changed TEMP & TMP Environment Variables (both system and user path) to other disk(X:/temp). Things I've tried to solve the...
  9. Screen resolution 1024 x 768

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen resolution 1024 x 768: Hi, I have purchased a new computer, all of the updates have been completed but I cannot get a better resolution other that 1024 x 768. I have tried uninstalling the nvidea and reinstall and nothing changes....
  10. Nvidia Windows 10 1280 X 1024 Not Working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia Windows 10 1280 X 1024 Not Working: Hello I Am Trying To Create A Custom Resolution On Windows 10 The Resolution Is = 1280 X 1024 It's Working WithOut The Nvidia Driver But It's Was Working On Windows 8.1 With Nvidia With This Resolution Can You Help Me Please? 17603