Windows 10: Screen Resolution

Discus and support Screen Resolution in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My "recommended" screen resolution is no longer an option and my display does not fill the entire monitor. EVERY time Microsoft does an update, this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Screen Resolution, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Screen Resolution

My "recommended" screen resolution is no longer an option and my display does not fill the entire monitor. EVERY time Microsoft does an update, this happens to me. EVERY SINGLE TIME!!! So frustrating! Usually I can re-set my display settings but this time it will not.

:)

Screen Resolution, Apr 20, 2020

2. Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Screen Resolution

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have a few doubts regarding your Windows 10 screen resolution. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error message or error code on the screen?

• What is the model of your computer?

• Are you able to access the modern apps?

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    Refer to: How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the
      Search
      box from the desktop.
    • Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on
      Apply.
    • A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please reply with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

Screen Resolution

Increasing mirrored screen resolution

Hi Sam,

To further assist you, we would like to know what is the make and model of your HD TV? We also suggest that you check if there's an option to change the resolution through your TV.

You can also follow these steps on how to adjust screen resolution through Control Panel:

• Open Control Panel, under Appearance and Personalization, click
      Adjust screen resolution.
    • Click the name of your HD TV, then click the drop down for Resolution.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Screen Resolution

1. Screen Resolution - Similar Threads - Screen Resolution

2. Screen Resolution Stuck at 720p

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Resolution Stuck at 720p: Overview I recently performed a clean install on my PC, a HP Probook 445 G7. After installation the display quality made the system barely usable. I checked the display resolution and discovered it was greyed out and stuck at 1280 * 720, whereas my screen size is 1920 *...
  3. Screen Resolution Stuck at 720p

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Resolution Stuck at 720p: Overview I recently performed a clean install on my PC, a HP Probook 445 G7. After installation the display quality made the system barely usable. I checked the display resolution and discovered it was greyed out and stuck at 1280 * 720, whereas my screen size is 1920 *...
  4. External Monitor screen resolution issue looses driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Monitor screen resolution issue looses driver: Greetings.I have two external monitors connected to my laptop. LG Monitor is connected trough a USB-C dock station to laptop. This dock has HDMI to HDMI. A third monitor tv monitor is connected trough HDMI port on laptop.Everytime laptop came from a "suspend" mode. LG Monitor...
  5. External Monitor screen resolution issue looses driver

External Monitor screen resolution issue looses driver: Greetings.I have two external monitors connected to my laptop. LG Monitor is connected trough a USB-C dock station to laptop. This dock has HDMI to HDMI. A third monitor tv monitor is connected trough HDMI port on laptop.Everytime laptop came from a "suspend" mode. LG Monitor...
  6. External Monitor screen resolution issue looses driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I accidentally set one of my programs to run on a 640x480 screen resolution, and I can't...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I accidentally set one of my programs to run on a 640x480 screen resolution, and I can't...: Basically I was just messing with the settings, I wanted to see how one of my programs looks like in a 640x480 resolution, however, when I went to the properties of the program to undo the action, the setting Run on 640x480 screen resolution is just greyed out. I tried...
  8. I accidentally set one of my programs to run on a 640x480 screen resolution, and I can't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally set one of my programs to run on a 640x480 screen resolution, and I can't...: Basically I was just messing with the settings, I wanted to see how one of my programs looks like in a 640x480 resolution, however, when I went to the properties of the program to undo the action, the setting Run on 640x480 screen resolution is just greyed out. I tried...
  9. I accidentally set one of my programs to run on a 640x480 screen resolution, and I can't...

10. I accidentally set one of my program to run on a 640x480 screen resolution, and I can't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally set one of my program to run on a 640x480 screen resolution, and I can't...: Basically I was just messing with the settings, I wanted to see how one of my programs looks like in a 640x480 resolution, however, when I went to the properties of the program to undo the action, the setting Run on 640x480 screen resolution is just greyed out. I tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen dont fit the recommend

2. page does not fit on monitor