Windows 10: Screen Resolution

Discus and support Screen Resolution in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I just installed window 10. The screen resolution is so low I can hardly see the text. I tried to change the screen resolution like I did with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by doncole, Aug 2, 2016.

1. doncole Win User

Screen Resolution

I just installed window 10.

The screen resolution is so low I can hardly see the text.
    I tried to change the screen resolution like I did with windows 8.1.
    But it doesn't change like Windows 8.1..
    How can I change it?

Don Cole

:)

doncole, Aug 2, 2016
  2. JohnAlban Win User

Change screen resolution Screen resolution does not show

Screen resolution size does not show.

JohnAlban, Aug 2, 2016
  3. JohnAlban Win User
    Change screen resolution Screen resolution does not show

That seems to have fixed it. Had the old AMD ATI graphics card. Things were a bit different but I installed the old 8.970.100.9001 driver. Hope it's fixed. Big Thank You.

John

JohnAlban, Aug 2, 2016
  4. ELI
    Eli Win User

Screen Resolution

Did you install display drivers?

5. doncole Win User
    I didn't. But a lady from Microsoft install it (Windows 10) remotely and I don't what she did.
    Before she started the installation, she hooked up something that changed screen display variably.
    And she made the screen smaller, (we're still in Windows 8.1).
    As you probably know the installation took all day, so it when finished she was gone.
    Nobody cranked it back up since the installation.

So I think your on to something here.

Is there such a thing as variable driver?

Don Cole

doncole, Aug 2, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    Resolution too low so everything is too small ? If it's too small that means that resolution is high.
    You can change resolution by going to ; Start > Settings > Display > Advanced display settings.
    You could also keep resolution but make everything bigger by adjusting Scale factor higher.

CountMike, Aug 2, 2016
  7. Settings > System >Display > Change the size of text, if the slider is not all the way to the left (100% Recommended) move it there and see if it helps. Clicking Advanced display setting at the bottom will take you to a windows where you can change the screen resolution.

alphanumeric, Aug 2, 2016
  8. Kari Win User
  9. Luulune Win User
    Hello,

I too am not sure if you mean everything is too big, or everything is too small on your pc.

If everything is too big, I'm gonna go with the driver theory here. Could you kindly press the windows and the R key at the same time? A small prompt will come up. Type dxdiag in this and hit enter or press OK. A new screen will pop up. On the top of this screen, navigate to the Display tab and tell us the name of your card as well as the current displaymode (resolution). When we have this information, we can help you better.

If everything is too small, please follow countmike's and alphanumeric's instruction and see if that resolves the issue for you.

Luulune, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Screen Resolution

1. Screen Resolution - Similar Threads - Screen Resolution

2. How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??: I suddenly changed the settings of display resolution and it's showing too big a screen .. and now I can't fix this ...how can I fix this ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-a-big-screen-resolution-problem/b7f6a29d-57f5-4d19-bf0c-8bc5ff4ca49c
  3. How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I fix a big screen resolution problem??: I suddenly changed the settings of display resolution and it's showing too big a screen .. and now I can't fix this ...how can I fix this ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-a-big-screen-resolution-problem/b7f6a29d-57f5-4d19-bf0c-8bc5ff4ca49c
  4. GTA 5 screen resolution laptop problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GTA 5 screen resolution laptop problem: i try to play gta 5, the screen resolution on the in-game setting menu stuck at 1366x768, i want to change that to 800x600 my laptop is not high spec , this is my specs:IntelR CoreTM i5-6300U CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.50 GHz16GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel HD Graphics 520Laptop lenovo thinkpad...
  5. GTA 5 screen resolution laptop problem

GTA 5 screen resolution laptop problem: i try to play gta 5, the screen resolution on the in-game setting menu stuck at 1366x768, i want to change that to 800x600 my laptop is not high spec , this is my specs:IntelR CoreTM i5-6300U CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.50 GHz16GB RAM 256GB SSD Intel HD Graphics 520Laptop lenovo thinkpad...
  6. GTA 5 screen resolution laptop problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Struggling with Second Screen Resolution on HP Compaq LA2206xc Monitor Connected to Dell...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Struggling with Second Screen Resolution on HP Compaq LA2206xc Monitor Connected to Dell...: Issue Description - I am encountering a persistent issue with my second screen, an HP Compaq LA2206xc, which is connected to my laptop positioned on the left side. Despite my efforts to adjust the screen resolution, the second screen fails to display correctly. Specifically,...
  8. Struggling with Second Screen Resolution on HP Compaq LA2206xc Monitor Connected to Dell...

Struggling with Second Screen Resolution on HP Compaq LA2206xc Monitor Connected to Dell...: Issue Description - I am encountering a persistent issue with my second screen, an HP Compaq LA2206xc, which is connected to my laptop positioned on the left side. Despite my efforts to adjust the screen resolution, the second screen fails to display correctly. Specifically,...
  9. Struggling with Second Screen Resolution on HP Compaq LA2206xc Monitor Connected to Dell...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. trying to fix screen resolution on my game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trying to fix screen resolution on my game: My game has a resolution display, just updated to windows 11 and download some drivers from geforce experience, and when i change thee resolution in the client side to 1920x1080 it over shoots and becomes barely interactable, also my keyboard keeps messing my my letters. my...