Windows 10: screen rotation using ctrl+alt+arrows not working

Discus and support screen rotation using ctrl+alt+arrows not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi I got a new laptop hp 15g dr1000tx 3 days ago and I noticed that I can't flip the screen using "alt+arrow key" and also "ctrl+alt+arrow key". So I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by #lo_khun, Jan 21, 2019.

1. #lo_khun Win User

screen rotation using ctrl+alt+arrows not working

hi

I got a new laptop hp 15g dr1000tx 3 days ago and I noticed that I can't flip the screen using "alt+arrow key" and also "ctrl+alt+arrow key". So I would like if you give me a solution to use shortcuts for rotating screen which I always use for reading.

thank you.

:)

#lo_khun, Jan 21, 2019
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Ctrl + Alt + Arrow keys don't rotate the screen at all

Hi Jill,

You can change your screen orientation in the Display settings if you want to rotate your screen but
    Ctrl+Alt+Arrow keys is not working. To do so, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click on your desktop and select Display settings.
    • Select your preferred screen orientation under the Orientation
      tab.
    • Click Apply and select Keep changes.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jan 21, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Help! I accidentally flipped my screen!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Right Click blank area of Desktop - Graphics Options – Rotation
    • CTRL + ALT + Arrow key also rotates it.
    • Ctrl + Alt +Arrow (up), Ctrl + Alt + Arrow (down), Ctrl + Alt + Arrow (left), and also Ctrl + Alt + Arrow (right)
    Hope this information is helpful. Reply with necessary information and we will be happy to help you further

Arun B J, Jan 21, 2019
  4. screen rotation using ctrl+alt+arrows not working

rotate maps on desktop

Rotate maps? If you want to turn your desktop 90/180/270 degrees it's different per videocard vendor. It's in the options though, Intel has ctrl+alt+arrow shortcuts, nv and ati have it listed as well in their control panels.

DanTheBanjoman, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

screen rotation using ctrl+alt+arrows not working

1. screen rotation using ctrl+alt+arrows not working - Similar Threads - screen rotation using

2. Cannot use Ctrl Alt UP arrow in Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot use Ctrl Alt UP arrow in Windows 7: Ctrl Alt Up and Ctrl Alt Left keys are not working.I am using Windows 7, so using the Settings app is not an option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-use-ctrl-alt-up-arrow-in-windows-7/4cea59f7-41f1-40ad-bfca-d3f75e2cc442
  3. Cannot use Ctrl Alt UP arrow in Windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot use Ctrl Alt UP arrow in Windows 7: Ctrl Alt Up and Ctrl Alt Left keys are not working.I am using Windows 7, so using the Settings app is not an option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-use-ctrl-alt-up-arrow-in-windows-7/4cea59f7-41f1-40ad-bfca-d3f75e2cc442
  4. CTRL ALT WIN not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CTRL ALT WIN not working: Few hours ago my keyboard started to spam random keys and i tried to fix it with this method but after restarting PC CTRL Windows and ALT keys do not seem to be working anymore. Method:1. Press the Windows + Q keys and type CMD;2. Right-click on Run as Administrator;3. Paste...
  5. CTRL ALT WIN not working

CTRL ALT WIN not working: Few hours ago my keyboard started to spam random keys and i tried to fix it with this method but after restarting PC CTRL Windows and ALT keys do not seem to be working anymore. Method:1. Press the Windows + Q keys and type CMD;2. Right-click on Run as Administrator;3. Paste...
  6. Ctrl+Alt+arrow key will not flip screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl+Alt+arrow key will not flip screen: Ctrl+Alt+arrow key will not flip screen. It worked preciously https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctrlaltarrow-key-will-not-flip-screen/128652f9-d34f-4484-b031-d0613219a118
  7. Ctrl+Alt+arrow key will not flip screen

Ctrl+Alt+arrow key will not flip screen: Ctrl+Alt+arrow key will not flip screen. It worked preciously https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctrlaltarrow-key-will-not-flip-screen/128652f9-d34f-4484-b031-d0613219a118
  8. Ctrl+Alt+arrow key will not flip screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Ctrl-Alt-Del not working at login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Ctrl-Alt-Del not working at login screen: I have a Panasonic Toughpad running Windows 10 Pro that has recently stopped accepting Ctrl-Alt-Del at the login screen. I press the key combo and it flickers like it is going to the login prompt but it just goes back to the screen telling me to press ctrl-alt-del to unlock...
  10. CTRL + ALT + Arrow

in Windows 10 Customization
    CTRL + ALT + Arrow: Hello Microsoft! I want to rotate the screen. When I press CTRL + ALT + arrows then nothing happens. How to fix this problem? Note: This PC is 1 year old. Windows version: 2004....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. control alt arrow doesnt rotate screen

2. ctrl alt arrow does not rotate

3. turn off screen rotation ctrl alt arrow

4. screeb rotation ctrl alt,
  5. control alt arrows wont rotate screen,
  6. control-alt-arrow keys dont rotate screen