Windows 10: Screen rotation

Discus and support Screen rotation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a surface pro 5 and the screen will not rotate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by marcndione, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Screen rotation

I have a surface pro 5 and the screen will not rotate

:)

marcndione, Nov 29, 2018
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

screen rotation

Hi Brandon,

There are several reasons why the screen of your netbook is not rotating. One common reason is the auto rotation feature is locked, you can check it by following these steps:

• On your keyboard, press Windows + A.
    • Click Expand.
    • Click Rotation lock, and make sure it is turned off.
    • Test your netbook if it's properly rotating.

Keep us updated.

Regards.

Ralph Sta, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Auto rotation

Hello,

Let us isolate your concern by answering the questions below:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you checked on the action center if there is a Rotation lock option?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you check the Screen Resolution display to check if there is a setting to allow the screen to auto-rotate. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Search for Display and then click Change display settings.
    • Mark the checkbox beside Allow the screen to auto-rotate option if possible.
    • Click Apply and then OK.
    We are looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Nov 29, 2018
  4. jds63 Win User

Screen rotation

Auto rotate and g force

Really needed to list more system specs and information on this issue.So this is assuming you have this and this is the issue.

Why does my screen not rotate?

The auto rotation lock feature is turned on by default in Windows 10. Use the following steps to turn off this feature.

1. Place the tablet into Pad/Tablet mode.
    2. Click the Start
      Screen rotation [​IMG]
      menu
      and select Settings.
    3. Click System.
    4. Click Display.
    5. Scroll down and toggle Lock rotation of this display to OFF.

jds63, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

Screen rotation

1. Screen rotation - Similar Threads - Screen rotation

2. my screen is stuck at the rotating circle stage and at the bottom ik yna writes wait but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my screen is stuck at the rotating circle stage and at the bottom ik yna writes wait but...: my screen is stuck at the rotating circle stage and at the bottom ik yna writes wait but each time it passes 30 minutes and there is nothing that changes...
  3. my screen is stuck at the rotating circle stage and at the bottom ik yna writes wait but...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    my screen is stuck at the rotating circle stage and at the bottom ik yna writes wait but...: my screen is stuck at the rotating circle stage and at the bottom ik yna writes wait but each time it passes 30 minutes and there is nothing that changes...
  4. my screen is stuck at the rotating circle stage and at the bottom ik yna writes wait but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. After turning off the Rotation lock in windows 11 , Still screen is not rotating automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After turning off the Rotation lock in windows 11 , Still screen is not rotating automatically.: Hi ,I am having 2 in 1 laptop with windows 11 , one of the feature stop working i.e automatic rotation .I tried disabling the auto rotation in windows display setting still it is not working .Is there a fix for this?...
  6. After turning off the Rotation lock in windows 11 , Still screen is not rotating automatically.

After turning off the Rotation lock in windows 11 , Still screen is not rotating automatically.: Hi ,I am having 2 in 1 laptop with windows 11 , one of the feature stop working i.e automatic rotation .I tried disabling the auto rotation in windows display setting still it is not working .Is there a fix for this?...
  7. Why does new HP Envy 2-in-1 laptop lack Personalization & auto screen rotate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does new HP Envy 2-in-1 laptop lack Personalization & auto screen rotate?: MS needs real intelligence, not AI. Why is Win 11 2-in-1 laptop not setup with default auto-rotation like any iPhone or iPad; that is, to auto-rotate as default config or at least offer this option without going to manual setting when entering tent mode upside down display....
  8. Why does new HP Envy 2-in-1 laptop lack Personalization & auto screen rotate?

Why does new HP Envy 2-in-1 laptop lack Personalization & auto screen rotate?: MS needs real intelligence, not AI. Why is Win 11 2-in-1 laptop not setup with default auto-rotation like any iPhone or iPad; that is, to auto-rotate as default config or at least offer this option without going to manual setting when entering tent mode upside down display....
  9. Screen rotation

Screen rotation: I reported about a problem with screen rotation, because it wasn't rotating even when rotation lock was off. There hasn't been a reply since. What happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-rotation/ac430875-d3da-48e8-b9fa-5ddb4e19d019
  10. Screen rotation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen rotation: I reported about a problem with screen rotation, because it wasn't rotating even when rotation lock was off. There hasn't been a reply since. What happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-rotation/ac430875-d3da-48e8-b9fa-5ddb4e19d019