Windows 10: Screen save on second monitor not primary?

Discus and support Screen save on second monitor not primary? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 pro latest upgrade etc... I have a main monitor that I use all the time and treat as my primary monitor. This is in front of me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by grahamm7, Feb 26, 2021.

1. grahamm7 Win User

Screen save on second monitor not primary?

Running Windows 10 pro latest upgrade etc... I have a main monitor that I use all the time and treat as my primary monitor. This is in front of me. My second monitor is to the LH. I use this when editing videos. The main editing screen on main monitor in front of me and the video display itself on the secondary monitor to the LH etc... I have set up a screen saver to show some of my images JPG. However if I leave the PC the screen saver shows the images on the Secondary monitor on the LH? The primary monitor just goes black? Can one not have the screen saver say screen saving with images or even one of the basic like bubble on BOTH monitors? If anything I would prefer the secondary monitor to blank the screen and the main monitor to show the screen saving images. I did look all round the settings of screen saver etc... I can't see anything about which video/monitor etc...

:)

grahamm7, Feb 26, 2021

2. Second monitor not detected after update

Hi Tom,

There are several reasons that could have caused the issue you are experiencing. One of these is the update you previously performed in Windows, either it was not configured properly by the system or the update components were corrupted. Kindly answer the
    following questions for clarification:

• Have you tried updating the monitor and display drivers?
    • Have you tried to use another user profile to check if the issue re-occurs?

Furthermore, we suggest that you add the other monitor manually. This is to ensure that the second monitor is still connected after the update. Here are the steps:

• Type connected devices and open Connected Devices on the
      Windows Search bar.
    • Click Add devices.
    • Select the Second screen.
    • Pick one of the 3 options: Duplicate, Extend, and the Second screen only.
    • The Duplicate option will duplicate the primary display to secondary display.
    • The Extend option will unite two monitors so you can use them both as one.
    • The Second screen only option will, obviously, disable primary and use only the secondary monitor.
    • Once you’ve chosen the preferred mode, save changes.

We're looking forward to your response.

PreciousLeb, Feb 26, 2021
  3. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 26, 2021
  4. coolali95 Win User

How to let the second monitor display part of primary monitor?

Hello. I was trying to play resident evil 6 splitscreen with my wife yesterday on my pc. She said she doesn't like to see the full screen and
    only wants to see her players screen (which is the lower half). So I brought my second screen and wanted it just to magnify the lower portion of the primary screen, but windows only gives me the option to either treat the secondary monitor as an extension
    or to duplicate the primary monitor. How do I just initiate the second monitor to zoom in a portion of the primary monitor?

coolali95, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Screen save on second monitor not primary? - Similar Threads - Screen save second

2. Dual-Monitor - exiting full screen on second monitor automatically transfers it to primary...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual-Monitor - exiting full screen on second monitor automatically transfers it to primary...: When i go Full screen on a video or anything on my web browser it goes from my 2nd monitor to my 1st monitor and then i have to drag it back to my 2nd monitorIt was working fine but now it just does this issue i have with it , it happens on Chrome, opera GX, Microsoft edge...
  3. Dual-Monitor - exiting full screen on second monitor automatically transfers it to primary...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual-Monitor - exiting full screen on second monitor automatically transfers it to primary...: When i go Full screen on a video or anything on my web browser it goes from my 2nd monitor to my 1st monitor and then i have to drag it back to my 2nd monitorIt was working fine but now it just does this issue i have with it , it happens on Chrome, opera GX, Microsoft edge...
  4. Using second monitor when game is running in full screen on primary monitor

Using second monitor when game is running in full screen on primary monitor: I have two problems I would like solved when running a program in full screen mode and trying to use a second monitor.First I want to be able to move my cursor from the full screen game to my second monitor and do stuff in that monitor without the game automatically tabbing...
  5. Using second monitor when game is running in full screen on primary monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using second monitor when game is running in full screen on primary monitor: I have two problems I would like solved when running a program in full screen mode and trying to use a second monitor.First I want to be able to move my cursor from the full screen game to my second monitor and do stuff in that monitor without the game automatically tabbing...
  6. Primary Monitor Dims When Connecting Second Monitor

Primary Monitor Dims When Connecting Second Monitor: I'm currently using an LG 34UC79G-B monitor as my primary display and a Samsung CF390 as my secondary display, running Windows 11.When the LG is utilized as the sole monitor display settings set to "Only Show on 1", the monitor works fine, brightness is great. However, when I...
  7. Primary Monitor Dims When Connecting Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Primary Monitor Dims When Connecting Second Monitor: I'm currently using an LG 34UC79G-B monitor as my primary display and a Samsung CF390 as my secondary display.When the LG is utilized as the sole monitor display settings set to "Only Show on 1", the monitor works fine, brightness is great. However, when I switch to "Extend...
  8. Dual-Monitor - exiting full screen on second monitor automatically transfers it to primary...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual-Monitor - exiting full screen on second monitor automatically transfers it to primary...: As briefly explained in the title. When I am watching a youtube video on full screen on my second monitor and I exit out of the full screen. It automatically brings the whole browser to my main monitor. Kind of annoying but not doable. Hopefully, someone has a solution as I...
  9. Dual-Monitor - exiting full screen on second monitor automatically transfers it to primary...

Dual-Monitor - exiting full screen on second monitor automatically transfers it to primary...: As briefly explained in the title. When I am watching a youtube video on full screen on my second monitor and I exit out of the full screen. It automatically brings the whole browser to my main monitor. Kind of annoying but not doable. Hopefully, someone has a solution as I...
  10. Tabtip on screen keyboard opens on second monitor, and not primary, touch screen monitor,...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tabtip on screen keyboard opens on second monitor, and not primary, touch screen monitor,...: Is there any way at all to force TabTip to only open on my touch screen? This is driving me crazy. Not really a point to use an external monitor with the touch screen keyboard of tabtip is going to focus in the wrong monitor.I want to use the second monitor to talk in...