Windows 10: Screen saver and LCD TV.

Discus and support Screen saver and LCD TV. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 Home and using an 40 inch LCD TV as a monitor which is a good 8/9 years old. Do I still need to use a screensaver? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MrOptiX, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Screen saver and LCD TV.

I'm running Windows 10 Home and using an 40 inch LCD TV as a monitor which is a good 8/9 years old. Do I still need to use a screensaver?

submitted by /u/MrOptiX
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MrOptiX, Feb 1, 2020
  2. RPG17A Win User

Screensaver obsolete with LCD screens.

Hi

All modern computers and TV's that have a LCD screen can't have an image burned into them like the old CRT (TV) screens. Apparently there is no point in setting a screen saver as all they do now is drain power. Will the screen saver be removed soon and if
    it is pointless why do Microsoft still include it in their system. Do you think it is because users actually like them, there are many posts in this forum about screen saver issues which would all be negated if you don't need to set one. So is there any point?

RPG17A, Feb 1, 2020
  3. screen saver

Hi Jack,

Thank you for using Windows10.

Let us know what happens exactly when you try to set the screen-saver or put the computer to sleep.

I would suggest you to review he settings and check. Here is the steps:

To change Screen Saver:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Screen Saver and click on Change Screen Saver.
    • Select the screensaver from the drop down menu and click on Apply.
    • Click on OK.
    To put the computer in sleep:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Power and click on Power Options.
    • Select Change when the computer sleeps in the left panel.
    Reply with the updated status for further help and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Feb 1, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Screen saver and LCD TV.

Screen Saver/Desktop/Screen Saver

Hi Jim,

The issue you encountered with screen saver can be due to incorrect screen saver settings. To better isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you tried changing the screen saver settings?
    • Are you trying to off the the screen saver?

Meanwhile, you can follow these steps to turn off your screen saver:

• Open Settings and Select Personalization.
    • Click Lock screen, scroll down and choose Screen saver settings.
    • Choose None in the drop-down menu.
    • Select Apply.
    • Click OK.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

Screen saver and LCD TV.

1. Screen saver and LCD TV. - Similar Threads - Screen saver LCD

2. Windows won't recognise lcd tv as audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't recognise lcd tv as audio device: I had a smart tv connected to windows pc. The pc can no longer take a hdmi cable due to repairs done to it. so i was using a vga cable for picture and a red and white with connection for sound.I assume it is an rca connector. red and white connections for tv, and one...
  3. Windows won't recognise lcd tv as audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't recognise lcd tv as audio device: I had a smart tv connected to windows pc. The pc can no longer take a hdmi cable due to repairs done to it. so i was using a vga cable for picture and a red and white with connection for sound.I assume it is an rca connector. red and white connections for tv, and one...
  4. Windows won't recognise lcd tv as audio device

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Login screen on dedicated LCD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login screen on dedicated LCD: hi,i am using 2 LCD set-up at work: first monitor over HDMI, second over USB-C. After reboot or new start, login screen appears on internal laptop display, although windows has other two LCDs detected and powered. I must open lid and close again and then it switched to preset...
  6. Login screen on dedicated LCD

Login screen on dedicated LCD: hi,i am using 2 LCD set-up at work: first monitor over HDMI, second over USB-C. After reboot or new start, login screen appears on internal laptop display, although windows has other two LCDs detected and powered. I must open lid and close again and then it switched to preset...
  7. screen saver

screen saver: trying to open screen saver I installed shockwave still get this notice?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver/c73a81bb-d9a3-49eb-8d0d-1ab87235b109
  8. Don't Crack LCD Screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Don't Crack LCD Screen: Lama Batarfi's Huawei MatePad T10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/dont-crack-lcd-screen/8538deb1-2b14-44f1-841a-038f2a22548c
  9. Screen saver

Screen saver: Whatever I do to Settings I've suddenly found it impossible to get a screen saver. Any tips? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver/f2fe8145-4578-471a-875b-75234a993fb1
  10. LCD Screen "Shadow Bugs"

LCD Screen "Shadow Bugs": Not sure if this is a frequent problem with new LCDs, but in the case of mine, my LCD panel was secondhand and used. Unfortunately, there appears to be a shadow of what appears to be an ant or a small bug that appears between the LCD panel and the backlight. While I did...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen savers windows 10