Windows 10: Screen saver and monitor power settings stopped working after updating PC in September

Discus and support Screen saver and monitor power settings stopped working after updating PC in September in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Both the screen saver and the monitor power settings have stopped working after recent updates in both September and October. I have updated the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DavidLazarus, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Screen saver and monitor power settings stopped working after updating PC in September

Both the screen saver and the monitor power settings have stopped working after recent updates in both September and October. I have updated the drivers for the graphic card and monitor, reverted power management settings to default and then went back and changed them so that things like the NIC, HDD and USB ports would not shut off to save power. After doing all of that, I tested the screen saver and power settings individually by changing the time limit to one minute for one at a time. Both the screen saver and power settings worked at one minute. However, they still do not work at the t

:)

DavidLazarus, Oct 18, 2021
  2. mikimills Win User

screen saver/power settings

I have tried every suggestion listed in this forum to set my screen to not go off every minute and require me to wait for a re-start of the screen. All power settings are adjusted to 'never' and the screen saver is set to 'on' and wait times of over 40
    minutes. I am going to return this computer because of this problem as work can not be done.

Any thoughts???

mikimills, Oct 18, 2021
  3. Muyfa666 Win User
    Win10 photos screen saver not working

Hi. Since a time back, my photos screen saver does not work anymore.

The preview works fine enough, but no screen saver ever starts after the time I set.

I have NUCi3BEH with Win10 Pro 20H2 with all drivers updated, all Store updates and all Windows updates.

I've tried some suggested fixes found by Google, but nothing helps.

It seems it's Windows screen savers in general that does not work, not only Photos.

Any suggestions please?

Muyfa666, Oct 18, 2021
  4. Screen saver and monitor power settings stopped working after updating PC in September

Screen Saver and Sceen lock

Hi,

Regarding your concern, we suggest setting up power options first before setting the screen saver. You may perform these steps:

• In the search box on the task bar, type Power Options,
      and then select Power Options.
    • Click Change Plan Settings.
    • Change the settings to Never.
    • Select Save changes.
    • Set your screen saver.

Do let us know should you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Oct 18, 2021
Thema:

Screen saver and monitor power settings stopped working after updating PC in September

1. Screen saver and monitor power settings stopped working after updating PC in September - Similar Threads - Screen saver monitor

2. Screen Saver not working with external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Saver not working with external monitor: I own an Asus laptop purchased in 2019 and used HDMI port to plug into a 28" Asus external monitor. The screen saver works sometimes but not hardly at all. I tired changing lots of settings but still won't come on after setting the time limit. Any suggestions?...
  3. Screen Saver not working with external monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Saver not working with external monitor: I own an Asus laptop purchased in 2019 and used HDMI port to plug into a 28" Asus external monitor. The screen saver works sometimes but not hardly at all. I tired changing lots of settings but still won't come on after setting the time limit. Any suggestions?...
  4. Screen Saver and Power Saving Features Stopped working after XBox game was installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Saver and Power Saving Features Stopped working after XBox game was installed: This problem has occurred on both an older Windows 10 machine about 5-6 years old, Intel core i5, 8GB RAM and a new Windows 11 machine less than 6 mo. old, Intel Core i7, 14GB RAM. After installing the XBox Gaming app and installed Lego Star Wars: The Complete Skywalker Saga,...
  5. Screen saver and monitor power settings stopped working after updating PC in September

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen saver and monitor power settings stopped working after updating PC in September: Both the screen saver and the monitor power settings have stopped working after recent updates in both September and October. I have updated the drivers for the graphic card and monitor, reverted power management settings to default and then went back and changed them so that...
  6. Screen saver and monitor power settings stopped working after updating PC in September

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen saver and monitor power settings stopped working after updating PC in September: Both the screen saver and the monitor power settings have stopped working after recent updates in both September and October. I have updated the drivers for the graphic card and monitor, reverted power management settings to default and then went back and changed them so that...
  7. power saver settings

power saver settings: i've assigned power settings as many places as i can, saved, restarted, but screen saver STILL comes on after only 5 minutes. why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-saver-settings/fc0bd50a-a3ba-442d-a2f6-4912d97327ff
  8. Screen saver setting no work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen saver setting no work: When the screen saver option loads, it doesn't work, same with backgrounds. Waiting does not work.[IMG][IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver-setting-no-work/cd39cf15-1168-4cc2-9642-7c1ad7356f2a
  9. Power saver not resoping to settings. will not work

Power saver not resoping to settings. will not work: Cannot get PC to go into screen. or power saver mode. Tried everything including troubleshooter that detected and fixed the problem but it didn't. Was working fine up to about a month ago. Thank You Ken A...
  10. Screen saver stops working after a minute or so.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen saver stops working after a minute or so.: For my screen saver, I use my own photos in the slide show option, but it only works for a minute or so, then I get a blank screen with the words "an error is preventing the slide show from playing." In order to see my photos, I have to wake my computer and wait until the...