Windows 10: Screen Saver File Location

Discus and support Screen Saver File Location in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, I use a program that turns the screen saver into a mail notification. All of a sudden the screen saver doesn't update. Just shows the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sandman55, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Sandman55 Win User

Screen Saver File Location

Hi All,
    I use a program that turns the screen saver into a mail notification. All of a sudden the screen saver doesn't update. Just shows the same still even if I uninstall and reinstall the program. Tried to clean registry too.
    Does anybody know where Windows 10 stores the screen saver information so I can delete it?
    Thank you all.

:)

Sandman55, Nov 23, 2015
  2. SarahKong Win User

TIMEOUT WINDOWS 10

There are 2 locations for timeouts.

One is in the power options.

Go to search and type power options.

The other location is the screen saver settings.

Go to Settings - Personalization - Lock Screen

Scroll down and click Screen Saver Settings... set that to None

SarahKong, Nov 23, 2015
  3. New laptop with Windows 10.

Hi Norma,

There are a few factors that cause the screen saver not to display on your screen. It could be the location of the folder where the screen saver is saved is invalid, or possible that your laptop is set to Low Power. Is there any device connected to your
    laptop via USB? If there is, we suggest that you disconnect it first, and then try to check if the screen saver will work. Also, verify if the location of the folder is valid.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 23, 2015
  4. kellyjane Win User

Have you tried to enter the "Personalize" and configure the settings?

kellyjane, Nov 23, 2015
  5. Sandman55 Win User
    Yes I have. I think the creator of the program I use may be finding the same Win 10 problem.

Sandman55, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Screen Saver File Location - Similar Threads - Screen Saver File

2. Pause a photo from screen saver to see name and location?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pause a photo from screen saver to see name and location?: One minute I can do this, the next I can’t! Sometimes the name and location is written on the photo down the bottom left hand side. At the moment it is not. So, is there a way to have this feature remain always and not be so intermittent?...
  3. screen saver

screen saver: trying to open screen saver I installed shockwave still get this notice?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver/c73a81bb-d9a3-49eb-8d0d-1ab87235b109
  4. Screen saver photo's locations

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen saver photo's locations: Thank you for the beautiful images. I look forward to them, but how can I find out where the location of the photos on my windows 10 screen saver are taken from? Thank You Paul...
  5. Screen saver

Screen saver: Whatever I do to Settings I've suddenly found it impossible to get a screen saver. Any tips? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver/f2fe8145-4578-471a-875b-75234a993fb1
  6. screen saver

screen saver: I want to put a different screen saver from Major Geeks how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver/9aff87bc-cecb-4e68-8a23-d529bfb4c57c
  7. Screen Saver

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen Saver: Hello, Please I use two monitors, how do I make my screen saver pictures display on both monitors instead of just one? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver/37f95b40-934c-4c9d-833c-09e187d32f33
  8. Screen Saver

Screen Saver: I set up my screen saver on new Windows 10 computer. Worked the first few days, but I think since I changed the wait time, all I get is a dark screen, and I have to hit the power button on the tower to wake up the computer. How can I get it to work again ?...
  9. Can I change the location of the screen saver's slidershow?

Can I change the location of the screen saver's slidershow?: Hello everyone, I have two screens of different sizes. My smaller screen is to the left and in the display settings I arranged them accordingly, i.e. my small screen "x" and my big screen "X" are arranged like this: xX In that arrangement I can't see the upper left part of...
  10. No screen saver

No screen saver: I upgraded to Win10 Home yesterday and I cannot get the screensaver to do anything. It never starts no matter which one I use or what time I set it for. 13068