Windows 10: screen saver goes black for several minutes before photos start showing

Discus and support screen saver goes black for several minutes before photos start showing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Before my screen saver starts showing my photos, the screen goes black for several minutes. Can I fix this in settings, and if so how do I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoyceHoag, Aug 12, 2019.

1. JoyceHoag Win User

screen saver goes black for several minutes before photos start showing

Before my screen saver starts showing my photos, the screen goes black for several minutes. Can I fix this in settings, and if so how do I fix this?

:)

JoyceHoag, Aug 12, 2019

2. screen saver set to ''photos'' but photo shows and soon reverts to a black screen showing an error message.

Hi, I have my screen saver set to ''photos'' , I chose a folder with only one photo in it.

When the screen saver comes on after 10 minutes idle time the photo shows but soon reverts to a black screen showing an error message. When I move the mouse the screen saver program disengages and my screen is back to my computer.

Any ideas?

Its as if windows is on some kind of slide show and because only one photo exists in the folder it is searching for a next photo.

OT: Screen Saver, windows 10 , single photo.

robgilmore, Aug 12, 2019
  3. jbacinti Win User
    Screen Saver slide show works and then quits

I have a few personal photos set up to show as a screen saver. When I preview the settings all is fine. When screen saver starts, it runs through the photos and then the screen goes black with a message about an error stopped screen saver from running. It doesn't tell me what error or any other information. The setup is the same as I have on another PC only with fewer pictures.

jbacinti, Aug 12, 2019
  4. screen saver goes black for several minutes before photos start showing

Screen Saver -Photo's Setting

Hello

Screen Saver - photo setting works for hours some times then it stops all of a sudden -Screen goes blank (black)- some dotted lines through it-

will not restart -only the startup screen starts when l move the mouse or push enter key,

l should try other screen settings (Mystic or Dots) to see if it

continues , but l prefer Photo's- … Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Bob

Bob Argos-Up and Down - then comes Patience, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

screen saver goes black for several minutes before photos start showing

1. screen saver goes black for several minutes before photos start showing - Similar Threads - screen saver goes

2. Shell Launcher shows black screen before application starts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shell Launcher shows black screen before application starts: Hi,I challenge myself in order to configure a windows 10 Shell Launcher to execute one single application for specific user. At this moment, I do it with Windows Imaging and configuration for the config and the deployment. However, I detect that, each time my single...
  3. Shell Launcher shows black screen before application starts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shell Launcher shows black screen before application starts: Hi,I challenge myself in order to configure a windows 10 Shell Launcher to execute one single application for specific user. At this moment, I do it with Windows Imaging and configuration for the config and the deployment. However, I detect that, each time my single...
  4. Shell Launcher shows black screen before application starts

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. screen goes black for several moments ...

in Windows 10 Support
    screen goes black for several moments ...: This is a really worrisome problem: Just upgraded from Win7 pro x64 to Win 10 Pro. At the same time I replaced the motherboard, ram, video card and added an SDD. I had this done by a computer shop that I trust. The tech spent some time replacing and troubleshooting drivers....
  6. start screen goes black

in Cortana
    start screen goes black: I just installed the latest update, Windows 10, 1903 (KB4512941). My start screen appears but when I type in a command, such as "disk cleanup", it goes black and will not respond. Same for the search bar. Using system restore, I went back to the previous version and all...
  7. Screen goes black when idle for a minute

Screen goes black when idle for a minute: I recently changed a setting on my laptop so that when my mouse is idle for a minute my screen goes black, not to sleep as I it was so I could listen to music without a light. Now I need to turn it off as it keeps getting in the way but I cant remember how to turn it off....
  8. screen saver goes to black screen and locks

screen saver goes to black screen and locks: I am having a problem setting a screen saver on my new Windows 10. When setting a screen saver and selecting "Preview" or setting a screen saver and having it go to it at the appropriate time limit, the screen saver displays properly. However, when hitting a key or mouse...
  9. Laptop goes to black screen in 2 minutes.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop goes to black screen in 2 minutes.: Hello, Just installed Windows 10 yesterday. I have a Toshiba laptop. When no programs are running and I'm not working on the laptop, it automatically goes to a black screen now after 2-3 minutes. When I then touch a button or the mouse, it goes back to normal screen, and I...
  10. Two minutes of black screen before login

in Windows 10 Support
    Two minutes of black screen before login: Hi. When I boot into Windows 10, just before the login, my screen turns black for like two minutes. There doesn't seem to be any drive activity (I've got Windows installed on a SSD). Cursor appears like fifteen seconds before the login screen. This started happening like a...