Windows 10: screen saver not working and screen not skeeping after 15 minute time set

Discus and support screen saver not working and screen not skeeping after 15 minute time set in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; screen saver not working and screen not skeeping after 15 minute time set, settings to put the computer to shut off at certain time not working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by techchic008, Jan 11, 2020.

1. screen saver not working and screen not skeeping after 15 minute time set

screen saver not working and screen not skeeping after 15 minute time set, settings to put the computer to shut off at certain time not working

:)

techchic008, Jan 11, 2020
  2. mikimills Win User

screen saver/power settings

I have tried every suggestion listed in this forum to set my screen to not go off every minute and require me to wait for a re-start of the screen. All power settings are adjusted to 'never' and the screen saver is set to 'on' and wait times of over 40
    minutes. I am going to return this computer because of this problem as work can not be done.

Any thoughts???

mikimills, Jan 11, 2020
  3. moondoggy Win User
    Screen Saver settings acting weird

I'd like to suggest another option that seems to work for me and I'd like some feedback as to whether it work for others. Here's what I did:

Start/Search and type gpedit.msc, Right click the gpedit results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Group Policy Editor, on the Left Panel, go to User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Control Panel/Personalization/Enable Screen Saver and enable the Policy. Once you have enabled that policy, go down and also enable Screen Saver Timeout. Note that in the Screen Saver Timeout policy there's an option to set the number of second for the timeout with the default being 900 seconds or 15 minutes.
    Once you've enabled both policies and set the timeout if different from the default, exit the group policy editor. If you now go the screen saver settings in Control Panel you will notice that the wait period will match the minutes you entered in the group policy editor but it will be grayed out preventing you from changing the value unless you go back into the group policy editor and change it there.
    Many were complaining that the wait value reverts to 1 and that is why they turned off fast booting but I have fast booting turned on and with the group policy changes I made my wait time is no longer reverting to 1 minute and remains at 15 minutes.

Will someone please give this a try to see of this solves the problem of the wait time reverting to 1 if you have fast booting turned on? If it doesn't work all you need to go is go back into the group policy editor and set both policies to "Not Configured".

moondoggy, Jan 11, 2020
  4. screen saver not working and screen not skeeping after 15 minute time set

Why after setting the screen saver to 15 minutes does the display still shut off after 1 minute?

I have tried to disable screen saver by setting it to none. also set the power saving mode to none on battery and also put the time out for the screen to battery 15 minutes, and power supply to 30 minutes. there is no difference. The screen still turns
    off in 1 minute. Help!

RobertBuenger1, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

screen saver not working and screen not skeeping after 15 minute time set

1. screen saver not working and screen not skeeping after 15 minute time set - Similar Threads - screen saver working

2. laptop screen saver comes on after one minute. how do I change the screen saver settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop screen saver comes on after one minute. how do I change the screen saver settings?: After 1 minute of inactivity, my HP laptop screen goes dark. If I am taking notes, or reading an article without moving the mouse, it just goes dark. Very frustrating when trying to take notes from online texts and it shuts down. I've reset the screen and sleep times, created...
  3. laptop screen saver comes on after one minute. how do I change the screen saver settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop screen saver comes on after one minute. how do I change the screen saver settings?: After 1 minute of inactivity, my HP laptop screen goes dark. If I am taking notes, or reading an article without moving the mouse, it just goes dark. Very frustrating when trying to take notes from online texts and it shuts down. I've reset the screen and sleep times, created...
  4. Windows 11 screen saver locks after a minute despite settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 screen saver locks after a minute despite settings: My screen saver pops up and locks the screen after 1 minute, even though all settings say 10 minutes. Even the screen saver timer is at 10 minutes. How do I change it so the settings take effect? Thanks!...
  5. Windows 11 screen saver locks after a minute despite settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 screen saver locks after a minute despite settings: My screen saver pops up and locks the screen after 1 minute, even though all settings say 10 minutes. Even the screen saver timer is at 10 minutes. How do I change it so the settings take effect? Thanks!...
  6. Screen saver setting no work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen saver setting no work: When the screen saver option loads, it doesn't work, same with backgrounds. Waiting does not work.[IMG][IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver-setting-no-work/cd39cf15-1168-4cc2-9642-7c1ad7356f2a
  7. Screen Saver Time Time Out Settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen Saver Time Time Out Settings: My screen is timing out in less then a minute. I changed in the personalization screen but it is still timing out. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver-time-time-out-settings/52460c6d-2820-4751-bea2-3e5c0e5bdc34
  8. Screen saver stops working after a minute or so.

Screen saver stops working after a minute or so.: For my screen saver, I use my own photos in the slide show option, but it only works for a minute or so, then I get a blank screen with the words "an error is preventing the slide show from playing." In order to see my photos, I have to wake my computer and wait until the...
  9. Why after setting the screen saver to 15 minutes does the display still shut off after 1...

Why after setting the screen saver to 15 minutes does the display still shut off after 1...: I have read and followed the previous forum threads to attempt to stop the display screen from being turned off after 1 minute of non use. Screen saver and power options have been set to 15 minutes before I would want the screen to shut off to no avail. What's wrong?...
  10. screen saver time

screen saver time: how do I change when screen saver comes on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver-time/f90dab27-f23e-420a-86c5-4db7c14a28f5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 error that screen saver slide show cant play