Windows 10: Screen saver running time

Discus and support Screen saver running time in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is it possible to extend the time screen saver runs? I would like to run screen saver for a longer period before the screen blanks out.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rohanjayawardene, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Screen saver running time

Is it possible to extend the time screen saver runs? I would like to run screen saver for a longer period before the screen blanks out.

:)

Rohanjayawardene, Dec 5, 2018

2. screen saver

Hi Jack,

Thank you for using Windows10.

Let us know what happens exactly when you try to set the screen-saver or put the computer to sleep.

I would suggest you to review he settings and check. Here is the steps:

To change Screen Saver:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Screen Saver and click on Change Screen Saver.
    • Select the screensaver from the drop down menu and click on Apply.
    • Click on OK.
    To put the computer in sleep:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Power and click on Power Options.
    • Select Change when the computer sleeps in the left panel.
    Reply with the updated status for further help and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Dec 5, 2018
  3. KomouPoji Win User
    Photos screen saver takes a long time to start

Hi,

I would suggest you to increase wait time from the screen saver and check if it help.

Method 1: Power Troubleshooter.

• Press Windows Key + X on the keyboard.

• Select control panel, type troubleshooting on the search bar.

• Click on Advanced on the power troubleshooter dialog box and click run as administrator(Enter the credentials if required)

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the power troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Setting wait time.

• Press Windows Key + x.

• Select control panel from the list.

• Select Personalization, click screen saver.

• Set the wait time to 1 minute.

• Click apply and ok.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Screen saver running time

Screen Saver/Desktop/Screen Saver

Hi Jim,

The issue you encountered with screen saver can be due to incorrect screen saver settings. To better isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you tried changing the screen saver settings?
    • Are you trying to off the the screen saver?

Meanwhile, you can follow these steps to turn off your screen saver:

• Open Settings and Select Personalization.
    • Click Lock screen, scroll down and choose Screen saver settings.
    • Choose None in the drop-down menu.
    • Select Apply.
    • Click OK.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Screen saver running time

1. Screen saver running time - Similar Threads - Screen saver running

2. Error running screen saver .scr at logon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error running screen saver .scr at logon: We have a screen saver .scr file that we created using ScreenSaver Wonder & it is setup to run after 60 seconds if no user has logged into the computer. We placed the .scr video file into the C:\windows\system32 folder & then this was setup done in the registry editor by...
  3. Error running screen saver .scr at logon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error running screen saver .scr at logon: We have a screen saver .scr file that we created using ScreenSaver Wonder & it is setup to run after 60 seconds if no user has logged into the computer. We placed the .scr video file into the C:\windows\system32 folder & then this was setup done in the registry editor by...
  4. screen saver

screen saver: trying to open screen saver I installed shockwave still get this notice?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver/c73a81bb-d9a3-49eb-8d0d-1ab87235b109
  5. Screen saver

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen saver: Whatever I do to Settings I've suddenly found it impossible to get a screen saver. Any tips? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver/f2fe8145-4578-471a-875b-75234a993fb1
  6. \how to get time display on screen saver

\how to get time display on screen saver: Hi I would like to have the accurate time displayed on my screen saver but I can not find any info on how to do this. Can anyone explane it to me or is it something that is not avalible?....
  7. Screen Saver Time Display

Screen Saver Time Display: My screen saver time display has been missing as an option for some time now. Can I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver-time-display/bc529e07-04ec-4449-bf0f-6720688ed0dc
  8. Screen Saver Time Time Out Settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen Saver Time Time Out Settings: My screen is timing out in less then a minute. I changed in the personalization screen but it is still timing out. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver-time-time-out-settings/52460c6d-2820-4751-bea2-3e5c0e5bdc34
  9. screen saver time

screen saver time: how do I change when screen saver comes on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver-time/f90dab27-f23e-420a-86c5-4db7c14a28f5
  10. No screen saver

No screen saver: I upgraded to Win10 Home yesterday and I cannot get the screensaver to do anything. It never starts no matter which one I use or what time I set it for. 13068