Windows 10: Screen Saver settings still inaccessible on brand new clean 1909 install

Discus and support Screen Saver settings still inaccessible on brand new clean 1909 install in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; There are many questions and "answers" about the inability to access certain cpl settings such as screen saver. The base issue seems to be a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jhg6308, Apr 5, 2020.

1. jhg6308 Win User

Screen Saver settings still inaccessible on brand new clean 1909 install

There are many questions and "answers" about the inability to access certain cpl settings such as screen saver. The base issue seems to be a permission problem preventing rundll32 from operating correctly, as described in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/win10-rundll32exe-windows-cannot-access-the/9a9e817d-f7cc-4fe5-a676-0da9034ee775

I just built a completely new system, on a newly formatted disk, using the 1909 installation media. This exhibits the same problem that has been extant for YEARS based on old posts.

Screen Saver settings still inaccessible on brand new clean 1909 install 8781e234-fd22-4022-bf96-52ad8548b380?upload=true.png

One "solution" suggests turning off UAC completely, and none of the other solutions I've seen have any effect, and all those threads are locked so it's no possible to ask further questions there.

Curiously, it's still possible to run the cpl from the command line C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl,,1 but this is not a viable long-term solution.

Is there a solution for this issue?

:)

jhg6308, Apr 5, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Screen Saver/Desktop/Screen Saver

Hi Jim,

The issue you encountered with screen saver can be due to incorrect screen saver settings. To better isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you tried changing the screen saver settings?
    • Are you trying to off the the screen saver?

Meanwhile, you can follow these steps to turn off your screen saver:

• Open Settings and Select Personalization.
    • Click Lock screen, scroll down and choose Screen saver settings.
    • Choose None in the drop-down menu.
    • Select Apply.
    • Click OK.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Apr 5, 2020
  3. screen saver

Hi Jack,

Thank you for using Windows10.

Let us know what happens exactly when you try to set the screen-saver or put the computer to sleep.

I would suggest you to review he settings and check. Here is the steps:

To change Screen Saver:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Screen Saver and click on Change Screen Saver.
    • Select the screensaver from the drop down menu and click on Apply.
    • Click on OK.
    To put the computer in sleep:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Power and click on Power Options.
    • Select Change when the computer sleeps in the left panel.
    Reply with the updated status for further help and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Apr 5, 2020
  4. RJDuprey Win User

Screen Saver Settings / Lock Screen Freeze

when i have tapped and held on background screen.. attempting to find and use a screen saver I see nothing. I have found personalize and the list there which has Colors etc and Lock Screen. Lock Screen was the suggested link to find the Screen Saver but
    if i click / tap it it freezes . This is a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 2 in 1 Laptop with 4 gig ram and a half Tera of drive. Brand New as of yesterday. It seems like a bug. I cant access Screen Saver easily at all. Not sure why Microsoft would change such a common
    feature and make it so difficult to find or how to fix this irritating bug. Can you help me ?

RJDuprey, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Screen Saver settings still inaccessible on brand new clean 1909 install - Similar Threads - Screen Saver settings

2. Brand new Seagate 4TB inaccessible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brand new Seagate 4TB inaccessible: When I double click on my brand new 4TB Seagate external drive I get a message saying that the F drive is not accessible. Access is denied. It then also shows a message stating that 'This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.' Never knew...
  3. Bug in "Screen Saver Settings"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bug in "Screen Saver Settings": If a user does not have any image files in their "Libraries\Pictures" folder, the user is given a repeating error message in "Screen Saver Settings". See the screenshot below. [ATTACH]...
  4. Screen saver setting no work

Screen saver setting no work: When the screen saver option loads, it doesn't work, same with backgrounds. Waiting does not work.[IMG][IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver-setting-no-work/cd39cf15-1168-4cc2-9642-7c1ad7356f2a
  5. Clean 1909 installation question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean 1909 installation question: Hi, guys, I have a bootable Windows 10 1909 USB flash drive that I prepared last week using the Media Creation Tool. I intend to use it at some point when I have time to clean install Windows 10 on my PC. Im aware that Microsoft are shortly due to release the latest version...
  6. Clean 1909 installation question

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean 1909 installation question: Hi, guys, I have a bootable Windows 10 1909 USB flash drive that I prepared last week using the Media Creation Tool. I intend to use it at some point when I have time to clean install Windows 10 on my PC. Im aware that Microsoft are shortly due to release the latest version...
  7. White screen whilst setting up a brand new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    White screen whilst setting up a brand new laptop: My female friend can't input her mobile phone number into the setup android or iPhone linked account due to her works regulations, so she clicks not now option, the screen goes white. It has the microphone icon, the keyboard icon etc, and the back button. She waits a while...
  8. Screen Saver Settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen Saver Settings: I have a Windows 10 version 1809 and when doing some testing on screen saver settings for 2 minutes before going to a screen saver with a password. on my test computer via GPO one of the GP spilled over to my production computer. I have removed the GPO and the from the...
  9. Screen Saver Settings

Screen Saver Settings: My Screen Saver Settings get reset every time I reboot. Specially, the "tick" in "on resume, Display log-on screen" gets unticked so that my screen doesn't lock. Any idea how I can stop this happening?...
  10. Brand new clean windows 10 install - BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brand new clean windows 10 install - BSOD: I have run the tool and am attaching the file per the instructions. My computer is brand new and crashed while I was not even at my desk. I had nothing really "active" running. Hoping you guys can help me pinpoint what driver might be causing this. Thank you so much in...