Windows 10: Screen saver slideshow misses pictures

Discus and support Screen saver slideshow misses pictures in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why does the screen saver slide-show keep missing pictures from my pictures folder. I have one folder containing multiple pictures approx. 33. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Radhmat, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Radhmat Win User

Screen saver slideshow misses pictures

Why does the screen saver slide-show keep missing pictures from my pictures folder. I have one folder containing multiple pictures approx. 33. However, the screen saver picks up only 10 pictures for the slideshow. To reiterate, all the pictures are of the same format and all of them are in one folder. Please help.

:)

Radhmat, Jul 19, 2021

2. Screen saver slideshow for Windows 10

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps:

• Open Screen Saver Settings by clicking on the start button and entering
      Screen saver in the search box.
    • Under Screen saver, tap or click
      Photos
    • To change one or more of the screen saver settings, tap or click
      Settings
      , and then do one or more of the following:
    • To change the speed of the slide show, tap or click the list next to
      Slide show speed
      (it will give three options Slow, Medium and Fast) select accordingly.
    • If you want the photos to appear in a random order, select the
      Shuffle pictures
      check box.
    • Tap or click Save to save the setting changes you made. Then tap or click
      OK in the Screen Saver Settings
      dialog box.

For additional information refer to the link below:

How to use screen savers

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Hope this information helps!

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Jul 19, 2021
  3. Taffy078 Win User
    Can't create a Lock screen Slideshow - missing the Pictures icon

Hi. Your excellent tutorial shows the presence of a Pictures icon:

Screen saver slideshow misses pictures [​IMG]

In my Settings > Personalisation > Lock Screen, when I select Slideshow, there is no Pictures icon:

Screen saver slideshow misses pictures [​IMG]

Any thoughts on what I should do please? *Huh

I have Win10 Home edited at 10:31 to add v.1607 Build 14393.447

Taffy078, Jul 19, 2021
  4. Screen saver slideshow misses pictures

Background slideshow error n screen saver settings reset to "NONE"

1) win10 V1709

2) set background (personalization==>settings) to slideshow and pointed to this folder

a) I created a folder name windows 10 wallpaper (aka wp folder) and it only has ALL .jpg files (not even alternate like jpeg, etc, just jpg)

b) there are 2 extra folders that are empty within the pictures library, called "Camera Roll" n "Saved Pictures" These come with the OS, I deleted them 3x and they "came back" on their own despite I didnt restore from rubbish bin

3) set locked screen to also slideshow

4) set screen saver to photos chose wp folder

5) Power & sleep settings==> screen = NEVER, sleep = NEVER

I have tried the workaround for my slideshow for background and locked screen, so will report back whether I am still getting "cant display slideshow" error once in a while (sometimes it decided to work, sometimes not). This is the part i dont quite understand

========================================

CASE: Set screen saver to photos and choose wp folder FIRST

1) set background, locked screen to slideshow==> screen saver reset to "NONE"

2) set background to picture, locked screen to slideshow==> screen saver reset to "NONE"

3) set background to picture, locked screen to picture==>screen saver to picture ==> works screen saver is still picture

Case: Set screen saver AFTER setting background and locked screen

1) set background, locked screen to slideshow==> background and locked screen reset to picture

2) set background to picture, locked screen to slideshow==>both reset to picture

3) set background to slideshow, locked screen to picture==>both reset to picture

* whether i set background to slideshow or locked screen to slideshow or both or one of them to slideshow, the other picture will get RESET to picture once i set screen saver to photos

======================================

million dollar question: Why system even seems to display screen saver sometimes when its set to NEVER sleep for BOTH screen and sleep settings?

and giving me the error "there is a error to display the slideshow" (or something similar)

====================================

what I have tried so far

1) creating another folder making sure its under "library" and copy ALL my wp jpg files to this new folder and set background and locked screen to use this new folder ==> FAILED. Tried 3x

2) currently i tried a trick that one user says work for him, set locked screen to picture, locked the screen, login, set the locked screen to slideshow ==> will report back whether this work or not as I dont locked my screen

YMLeong1609, Jul 19, 2021
Thema:

Screen saver slideshow misses pictures

1. Screen saver slideshow misses pictures - Similar Threads - Screen saver slideshow

2. Lock Screen slideshow and screen saver option not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen slideshow and screen saver option not working: I wanted to set an image folder for the lock screen and screen saver not the same folder, but as soon as I close the options window thinking it has saved everything, It resets back to my actual image and no screensaver at all...I tried to move the image folders from the...
  3. Lock Screen slideshow and screen saver option not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen slideshow and screen saver option not working: I wanted to set an image folder for the lock screen and screen saver not the same folder, but as soon as I close the options window thinking it has saved everything, It resets back to my actual image and no screensaver at all...I tried to move the image folders from the...
  4. Lock Screen slideshow and screen saver option not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Slideshow screen saver not working in Windows 10

Slideshow screen saver not working in Windows 10: The slideshow works OK when you preview it in the Screen Saver Settings dialogue but when you apply and OK it and the time comes, the screen just goes black. What am I doing wrong?...
  6. Slideshow Screen Saver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Slideshow Screen Saver: Windows 10. I have a bizarre situation. I just installed a brand new computer monitor. I wanted to see what my slideshow would look like. I spent years with Windows 7, and do not like most of the changes in 10, they make it hard to do something like setting up a slideshow....
  7. Picture slideshow as screen saver on multiple monitors in Windows 10

Picture slideshow as screen saver on multiple monitors in Windows 10: i have 3 monitors. when doing the screensaver with them in a line with my main monitor in the middle and the other two on either side and the other two extending from the main monitor the screensaver seems to work....ok. the bubbles and texts(ie digital clock) span correctly,...
  8. Screen saver slideshow

Screen saver slideshow: Why don't ALL of my pictures play in my slideshow in screensaver mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_screensave/screen-saver-slideshow/8758d3d4-a976-41eb-a6bc-e30c3e1a12fe
  9. setup a screen saver slideshow

setup a screen saver slideshow: I am using the April 2018 upgrade to Windows 10 and have lost my slideshow. How can I set up a new one????? Thank you in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/setup-a-screen-saver-slideshow/56616909-4878-4232-b5f9-9864d5ca3b18
  10. Can't create a Lock screen Slideshow - missing the Pictures icon

Can't create a Lock screen Slideshow - missing the Pictures icon: Hi. Your excellent tutorial shows the presence of a Pictures icon: [img] In my Settings > Personalisation > Lock Screen, when I select Slideshow, there is no Pictures icon: [img] Any thoughts on what I should do please? *Huh I have Win10 Home edited at 10:31...