Windows 10: Screen saver spreads image between the two monitors

Discus and support Screen saver spreads image between the two monitors in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Although I have setup the two screens to work independently - one app running on one screen and a different app running on the other, when Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sigurd, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Sigurd Win User

Screen saver spreads image between the two monitors

Although I have setup the two screens to work independently - one app running on one screen and a different app running on the other, when Windows screen saver kicks in, the image appears half on each screen. i.e. as if I was using a very wide monitor and the image is in the centre.
    By contrast, the desktop images that I use as background, which are set to change every hour or so, display properly in their own screens. A different image on each screen.
    What have I missed or is this a problem with the Windows screen saver?

:)

Sigurd, Jun 21, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

Screen saver with dual monitors

Hi,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Have you upgraded the graphics card?

• Do you have any other issues except the screensaver issue on second monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the below link to update the graphics card drivers and update the drivers for second monitor.

How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

After performing the above steps, try to set the screen saver and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer:
    Connect a second monitor or projector

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Jun 21, 2019
  3. screen saver on dual monitors

this question was asked in January and has not been answered:windows 10 programs and apps work fine, my problem is the screen saver mode. I have dual monitor images but when the screen saver starts it only shows on the main monitor not
    the second one. How do I stretch the image to both screens. again the background mode is fine but not in screen saver mode.

to clarify:

-windows 10 installed

-two monitors

-screen saver (own photo gallery) only shows on one monitor

-second monitor is black

I'm using a screensaver that worked fine - it even showed different photos on each screen from the same photo folder - until windows update in the last few weeks.

the question is:

How to get a screensaver to show on BOTH monitors, not just one, on windows 10.

AmandaFQld, Jun 21, 2019
  4. Screen saver spreads image between the two monitors

screen saver

Hi Jack,

Thank you for using Windows10.

Let us know what happens exactly when you try to set the screen-saver or put the computer to sleep.

I would suggest you to review he settings and check. Here is the steps:

To change Screen Saver:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Screen Saver and click on Change Screen Saver.
    • Select the screensaver from the drop down menu and click on Apply.
    • Click on OK.
    To put the computer in sleep:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Power and click on Power Options.
    • Select Change when the computer sleeps in the left panel.
    Reply with the updated status for further help and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

Screen saver spreads image between the two monitors

1. Screen saver spreads image between the two monitors - Similar Threads - Screen saver spreads

2. Screen Saver not working with external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Saver not working with external monitor: I own an Asus laptop purchased in 2019 and used HDMI port to plug into a 28" Asus external monitor. The screen saver works sometimes but not hardly at all. I tired changing lots of settings but still won't come on after setting the time limit. Any suggestions?...
  3. Dual monitor screen saver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor screen saver: My setup is a laptop and an external screen, I would like to have a screen saver on both monitors, when on the lock screen the same as what I see on the main monitor if that is possible.I'm on Windows 11, and I've noticed on videos I watch on Youtube that they are able to...
  4. Dual monitor screen saver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual monitor screen saver: My setup is a laptop and an external screen, I would like to have a screen saver on both monitors, when on the lock screen the same as what I see on the main monitor if that is possible.I'm on Windows 11, and I've noticed on videos I watch on Youtube that they are able to...
  5. screen saver sizing on monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    screen saver sizing on monitor: hello everyone I‘m using the fliqlo screen saver on my laptop. When I hook up the external monitor the screensaver on the monitor is weirdly sized. I can only see the top right corner of the screen saver. The clock on the laptop is sited correctly. Does anyone know how to...
  6. Screen saver for dual monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen saver for dual monitors: I used to have a screen saver (Firehand Ember) which worked well with my two monitors but as Windows has moved on it got left behind and the person who produced it gave up! So did the screen saver. It used to display different images on the two screens - not individually,...
  7. screen saver on dual monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen saver on dual monitors: this question was asked in January and has not been answered:windows 10 programs and apps work fine, my problem is the screen saver mode. I have dual monitor images but when the screen saver starts it only shows on the main monitor not the second one. How do I stretch the...
  8. Moving cursor between two monitors

Moving cursor between two monitors: I have a monitor connected to my lap top in order to have two screens available. Cannot figure out how to move the cursor from one screen to the other....
  9. Using Screen Saver with two monitors

Using Screen Saver with two monitors: My setup uses two monitors. I am running a screen saver (a very old one by Firehand which works fine) but I can't get it to work the way I want with the two screens. At present when it kicks in, the displayed image alternates between the two monitors. One displays the new...
  10. Difference between the two volume images in the boot.wim

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Difference between the two volume images in the boot.wim: Hi In the Windows 10 DVD, there is a file called boot.wim which has two volume images almost equal named "Microsoft Windows PE" and "Microsoft Windows Setup". I want to know what is their difference? Thanks Bye 21230

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Screen saver that spread to two screens

2. slideshow across multiple monitors

3. 21 d screen saver

4. microsoft dual monitor screensavers,
  5. strech screensaver to second monitor,
  6. radar screen saver for two monitors