Windows 10: Screen saver suddenly "not supported" when it has been working for 2 years already

Discus and support Screen saver suddenly "not supported" when it has been working for 2 years already in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Tried to put my screen saver on as I saw it wasn't activating. First I got the message that I did not have permission to do it. Then when I went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by hogesinwa, Mar 13, 2020.

1. hogesinwa Win User

Screen saver suddenly "not supported" when it has been working for 2 years already

Tried to put my screen saver on as I saw it wasn't activating. First I got the message that I did not have permission to do it.

Then when I went into Device Manager and looked at the graphics drivers, the G7 notes told me that Screen Savers were not available.

This is rubbish - they have worked always in the past and it's only now that they won't.

Why do I have 2 display adapters? I would have thought one was sufficient for one screen? I have AMD Radeon R7 and Nvidia GeForce GT710 in place for some reason.

In the Event header of each of these I now get the display, which was not there 10 minutes ago, and the note about the screen saver not being able to be displayed has gone.

\VEN_1002&DEV_130F&SUBSYS_78911462&REV_D4\3&11583659&0&08 requires further installation.

\VEN_10DE&DEV_128B&SUBSYS_85721043&REV_A1\4&fd6afa5&0&0011 requires further installation.

Is this all tied up with that recent flawed update that MS issued?

BTW, I tried to set Screen Off 10 minutes under Power Options to get around the failure of the Screen Saver but the PC simply ignored it.

thanks for any advice

Terry

:)

hogesinwa, Mar 13, 2020

2. screen saver

Hi Jack,

Thank you for using Windows10.

Let us know what happens exactly when you try to set the screen-saver or put the computer to sleep.

I would suggest you to review he settings and check. Here is the steps:

To change Screen Saver:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Screen Saver and click on Change Screen Saver.
    • Select the screensaver from the drop down menu and click on Apply.
    • Click on OK.
    To put the computer in sleep:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Power and click on Power Options.
    • Select Change when the computer sleeps in the left panel.
    Reply with the updated status for further help and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Screen Saver/Desktop/Screen Saver

Hi Jim,

The issue you encountered with screen saver can be due to incorrect screen saver settings. To better isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you tried changing the screen saver settings?
    • Are you trying to off the the screen saver?

Meanwhile, you can follow these steps to turn off your screen saver:

• Open Settings and Select Personalization.
    • Click Lock screen, scroll down and choose Screen saver settings.
    • Choose None in the drop-down menu.
    • Select Apply.
    • Click OK.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Screen saver suddenly "not supported" when it has been working for 2 years already

screen saver

Hi Kenneth,

We need to gather more information for us to better understand your Screen Saver concern. Kindly answer the following:

• How did you disable wake up password?
    • Are you seeing the log-in screen when waking up the computer from sleep?
    • How did you set up the Screen Saver? Kindly provide us the step-by-step process on how you did it.

Argel Obm, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Screen saver suddenly "not supported" when it has been working for 2 years already - Similar Threads - Screen saver suddenly

2. why has my screen saver stopped working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why has my screen saver stopped working?: My system - Windows 11 version 22H2 on Intel Core i5-10400 CPU, 8GB RAM, and 240 GB SSD. A 2 TB hard disk is also there.My screen saver is photos from the Pictures folder set to start at 5 minutes of inactivity,Recently it has stopped getting activated at the lapse of time of...
  3. why has my screen saver stopped working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why has my screen saver stopped working?: My system - Windows 11 version 22H2 on Intel Core i5-10400 CPU, 8GB RAM, and 240 GB SSD. A 2 TB hard disk is also there.My screen saver is photos from the Pictures folder set to start at 5 minutes of inactivity,Recently it has stopped getting activated at the lapse of time of...
  4. Screen saver not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen saver not working: I have set my screen saver to go on after 5 minutes idle time. It seems to not want to do it all the time. Now after a recent windows update it doesn't go on. What is going on? I set the one I want and applied it. Computers been sitting awhile over an hour and it still does...
  5. Screen saver not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen saver not working: I have set my screen saver to go on after 5 minutes idle time. It seems to not want to do it all the time. Now after a recent windows update it doesn't go on. What is going on? I set the one I want and applied it. Computers been sitting awhile over an hour and it still does...
  6. Realtek board in Computer has been working for years, then stops?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek board in Computer has been working for years, then stops?: No output devices found in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-board-in-computer-has-been-working-for/bc57fcbf-209f-442f-b2f9-a392d46da10b
  7. Realtek board in Computer has been working for years, then stops?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek board in Computer has been working for years, then stops?: No output devices found in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-board-in-computer-has-been-working-for/bc57fcbf-209f-442f-b2f9-a392d46da10b
  8. Realtek board in Computer has been working for years, then stops?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Reactivating FSX when it already has been activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivating FSX when it already has been activated: I installed MS FSX and activated it. However, after running for 30 minutes, it said that the trial was over and the program ended. How do I reactivate FSX when it has already been activated?...
  10. Reactivating FSX when it already has been activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivating FSX when it already has been activated: I installed MS FX and activated it the activation was successful. After 30 minutes running the program, it said that the trial period was over. Before I could obtain the code, the screen went blank and the program ended. Question - How do I reactivate a program that has...