Windows 10: Screen saver won't work

Discus and support Screen saver won't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have 2 new monitors LG 27GL63T-B on a GTX1660. Window 10 Pro v2004. Whatever the power scheme, they will remain on. In Device Manager. they show as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Saintor, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Saintor Win User

Screen saver won't work

I have 2 new monitors LG 27GL63T-B on a GTX1660. Window 10 Pro v2004.

Whatever the power scheme, they will remain on.

In Device Manager. they show as 'Generic PnP Monitor'.

On LG's site, I found 27GN88A.zip on
    LG 27GL83A-B.AUS: Support, Manuals, Warranty & More | LG USA Support

ran it and it tells me that the installation successful. They remain 'Generic PnP Monitor and screen saver won't work.

Any idea?

:)

Saintor, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

Screen saver won't work

1. Screen saver won't work - Similar Threads - Screen saver won't

2. Screen saver not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen saver not working: I have set my screen saver to go on after 5 minutes idle time. It seems to not want to do it all the time. Now after a recent windows update it doesn't go on. What is going on? I set the one I want and applied it. Computers been sitting awhile over an hour and it still does...
  3. Screen saver not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen saver not working: I have set my screen saver to go on after 5 minutes idle time. It seems to not want to do it all the time. Now after a recent windows update it doesn't go on. What is going on? I set the one I want and applied it. Computers been sitting awhile over an hour and it still does...
  4. Screen saver not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Screen Saver not working

Screen Saver not working: Screen saver quit working after last window update. Tried everything in screen saver settings still not working. [Original Title: Screen saver] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver-not-working/3e5dfbbd-3d64-4388-bb4c-13cd878083fd
  6. Screen saver won't work after installing 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen saver won't work after installing 20H2: A few weeks ago I installed 20H2 and all was well except the screen saver won't work. I searched lots of support issues but none of them fixed the problem. I reverted back to just before the 20H2 build and the screen saver works again. I decided to totally wipe my machine...
  7. Screen saver not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen saver not working: So not only will my screen saver not engage at all but neither are any of the power settings regarding shutting the monitor down after a certain amount of time. Any thoughts?...
  8. Screen Saver Does Not Work

Screen Saver Does Not Work: The screen saver does not work. Instead of seeing the selected screen saver picture after the selected inactive time period, I get a blank screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver-does-not-work/db314abc-24d0-4426-bddc-3dfd047cfcaf
  9. screen saver not working with photos

screen saver not working with photos: screen saver will work with default applications but not photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_screensave/screen-saver-not-working-with-photos/3de7bace-0b4a-4b0a-9fae-31d8f87cc0b1
  10. Photo screen saver either won't work or mouse won't discontinue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo screen saver either won't work or mouse won't discontinue: The photo app included with Win 10 takes forever to start as screensaver. Opens a black screen then just sits there. To solve this in the past I installed win photo gallery but now I can't end screen saver with my mouse or by hitting a key as usual. I have to open the...