Windows 10: Screen saver works - but only after coming out of sleep

Discus and support Screen saver works - but only after coming out of sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a screesaver that I downloaded from the internet and have been using for years. When I turn on my Windows 10 PCwhich is usaually always on, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CaptDaddyPow, Jan 31, 2022.

1. Screen saver works - but only after coming out of sleep

I have a screesaver that I downloaded from the internet and have been using for years. When I turn on my Windows 10 PCwhich is usaually always on, the screensaver will not work. I did find however, that if I put my PC to sleep, then turn it back on, the screensaver will work. So my question is, what is running in the background that is turned off for good when the PC is put to sleep? Thanks.

:)

CaptDaddyPow, Jan 31, 2022

2. screen saver

Hi Jack,

Thank you for using Windows10.

Let us know what happens exactly when you try to set the screen-saver or put the computer to sleep.

I would suggest you to review he settings and check. Here is the steps:

To change Screen Saver:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Screen Saver and click on Change Screen Saver.
    • Select the screensaver from the drop down menu and click on Apply.
    • Click on OK.
    To put the computer in sleep:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Power and click on Power Options.
    • Select Change when the computer sleeps in the left panel.
    Reply with the updated status for further help and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Jan 31, 2022
  3. Windows 10 no screen saver, never goes to sleep

I have a brand new Lenovo all in one desktop with Windows 10. This thing never goes to sleep and the screen saver never comes on even though the settings are turned on.

Yesterday I got my Brother Multifunction printer/copier/scanner machine (MFC8810DW) up and going with help of Brother. Even though everything prints just fine and the scanner works, the printer model isn't listed as a printer. There is something called a
    Brother pc-fax v.3 listed, but Brother said that's not my printer.. Brother said I should contact Lenovo.

Not sure if something from printer driver is stepping on something preventing machine from going to sleep and screen saver coming on.

DarcyHorton, Jan 31, 2022
  4. Screen saver works - but only after coming out of sleep

Sleep mode and screen saver not working

I just upgraded to Windows 10 on Tuesday and have not gotten my screen saver or sleep mode to work. The screen saver has never worked, no matter what settings I try. Sleep mode never comes on unless manually selected and even then it comes right back on.
    I'm using a Gateway desktop i3 3.3 ghz 6gb ram intel HD 2200

Prospero711, Jan 31, 2022
Thema:

Screen saver works - but only after coming out of sleep

1. Screen saver works - but only after coming out of sleep - Similar Threads - Screen saver works

2. Sleep and screen saver mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep and screen saver mode: I am running windows 11 and have an issue with sleep mode and screen saver not kicking in automatically. I have been speaking to online Microsoft techs who tried various methods including reinstalling windows, but nothing is resolving the issue....
  3. Screen saver works - but only after coming out of sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen saver works - but only after coming out of sleep: I have a screesaver that I downloaded from the internet and have been using for years. When I turn on my Windows 10 PCwhich is usaually always on, the screensaver will not work. I did find however, that if I put my PC to sleep, then turn it back on, the screensaver will work....
  4. Screen saver works - but only after coming out of sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen saver works - but only after coming out of sleep: I have a screesaver that I downloaded from the internet and have been using for years. When I turn on my Windows 10 PCwhich is usaually always on, the screensaver will not work. I did find however, that if I put my PC to sleep, then turn it back on, the screensaver will work....
  5. Screen not coming back on after sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen not coming back on after sleep: Since the latest update, the screen on my notebook will not come on after waking up from sleep. I can close my lid then re-open it later and it powers on, the keyboard lights up, I hear sounds, but no screen. I have to force shutdown (hold power button) and completely re-boot...
  6. Black screen problem after coming out from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen problem after coming out from sleep mode: hello, About two months ago, I had a problem with not getting out of sleep mode, so I had to press the restart button on Case to bring up the screen. I checked the error checking section of the C drive, in cmd i used sfc /scannow command and dism /online /cleanup-image...
  7. screen saver and sleep mode

screen saver and sleep mode: How do i turn off the screen saver when my computer is in sleep mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver-and-sleep-mode/ed3cc0af-5e94-49c3-bb50-d8a4d6d91782
  8. Blue Screen coming out of Sleep

Blue Screen coming out of Sleep: After the last rounds of windows updates my system will blue screen coming out of sleep. I have 4 mini dumps from today. What is the best method to resolve this?...
  9. Sleep and Screen Saver

Sleep and Screen Saver: I have two problems that might be related. They both started after a Windows 10 update or attempt at an update. 1) When I put my PC to sleep it does not stay asleep. It wakes up usually within about a minute. 2) My screen saver does not work....
  10. Garbled screen coming out of Sleep mode ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Garbled screen coming out of Sleep mode ?: Win10 1703 Garbled screen coming out of Sleep mode only Very intermittent ..Tried another monitor same problem The Icons and Folders flash and If I can lucky on a reboot all is ok If not the only things I can see are the text part of the Icons , shortcuts and Folders...