Windows 10: Screen saver

Discus and support Screen saver in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My screen saver does not work when my computer is turned on. I have to "restart" it and then the screen saver works. I have not added anything or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Shiron, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Shiron Win User

Screen saver

My screen saver does not work when my computer is turned on. I have to "restart" it and then the screen saver works.
    I have not added anything or changed anything and all of a sudden for the past four days this has cropped up.
    I have the bare minimum items in my start up folder. Pleas help.
    Than you
    Ron

:)

Shiron, Oct 18, 2015
  2. lacrumb Win User

Windows 10 just updated. Now I cannot locate the screensaver options window

Put a space between screen ans saver - screen saver.

Also go Settings, Personalize, Lock screen, Screen saver settings.

lacrumb, Oct 18, 2015
  3. I want a specific screen saver in Windows 10 other than those listed

Can I change the screen saver to a specific photo or gif? I don't want any of the screen savers listed under Personalization, Screen Saver Settings. There is no 'browse' option to customize the screen saver like in previous Windows versions.

WendyLiterski, Oct 18, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Screen saver

Some other application might affect the screensaver. I have this problem too sometimes. You don't need to restart the computer. Go to the screensaver control and change something, say the minutes it takes to trigger. You can then set that back to the original value. Click OK to save changes and after the set time the screensaver should start again. I don't know what the cause might be. Chances are it won't happen again, at least not too soon.

spapakons, Oct 18, 2015
  5. Shiron Win User
    Thanks
    Tried this but as I said in my thread the screen saver works AFTER a restart but not when I turn my computer on.
    Noting is wrong with the screen saver just that it does not strat automatically as it used to do when I turn my computer on in the morning. Again works only after restart ????

Shiron, Oct 18, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    There is a utility, Watch 4 Idle which can be configured to start a screensaver after a set amount of time in seconds. Not an elegant solution, but a good alternative. So you install it and disable screensaver from Windows. Then you configure it to start a "program" after the set interval, and this program is C:\Windows\System32\screensavername.scr where screensavername is the filename of the screensaver. As you may have noticed, classic Windows screensaver (such as Bubble) do not work as expected in Windows 8 and 10. For example when you click preview you see transparent bubbles over your desktop, but if the time comes for Bubbles to start automatically you see bubbles on a solid-color background. Using Watch 4 Idle the screensaver works as it should. So it is a good workaround for classic Windows screensavers as well.

spapakons, Oct 18, 2015
  7. Shiron Win User
    Thanks for the help but I am going to forget the screen saver bit

Shiron, Oct 18, 2015
  8. Shiron Win User

Screen saver

When I turn on my computer in the morning the screen saver (after my setting of 2 minutes) does not come on.
    HOWEVER when I restart the computer the screen saver works properly. This happened without my adding or changing anything.
    I am running a Dell machine with 12GB of ram running Windows 10. I have my settings to update automatically.
    I have tried to locate through auto update as to what has been installed but I cannot seem to locate what might have caused this problem.
    I appreciate any help you have.
    Thank you.
    Ron

Shiron, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Screen saver

1. Screen saver - Similar Threads - Screen saver

2. Screen saver shuffle mode algorithm is biased

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen saver shuffle mode algorithm is biased: When I use the shuffle pictures button on screen saver photos I am using windows 10 pro, version: 1903, OS: 18362.592 thealgorithm is biased and mainly keeps shuffling pictures from the first few folders instead of randomly using any pictures. Once I let it ran for two days...
  3. Screen Saver Asks for Password to Login

Screen Saver Asks for Password to Login: hi - my computer screen turns to "screen saver mode" after 5mn or 10mn or 1 hour of no activity according to what i chose. to go back to work, i have to enter my pin code. i want to go back to work directly and without entering any pin. thank you [Original Title: screen...
  4. Changing Screen Saver settings on PC

Changing Screen Saver settings on PC: There must be some way to increase the time to allow Windows update t****sh the desktop goes to bubbles and turn to black and blocks the update to finish. the circling little dots are not enough to keep it open long enough to install. ***Original title: How do I change...
  5. Windows 10 Screen Saver

Windows 10 Screen Saver: Hi. my screensaver has stopped working the way it did when I first purchased the computer a month ago. It was displaying my photos as the screensaver and it filled the entire screen. It would display one or several photos, they would slowly zoom in and then move on to another...
  6. screen saver not working and screen not skeeping after 15 minute time set

screen saver not working and screen not skeeping after 15 minute time set: screen saver not working and screen not skeeping after 15 minute time set, settings to put the computer to shut off at certain time not working...
  7. Screen saver

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screen saver: My screen saver used to work with my Photo Gallery folder in File Explorer then I had to make a" Photo screen saver" folder. Now it tells me I have no Picture Library. I made one but it won't acknowledge it. What do I do now to get my screen saver to work....
  8. screen saver

screen saver: I use my photos in pictures for my screen saver. it only seems to show the older photos. what can I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver/a1e223ad-552a-48ab-87a5-2744ab994fbb
  9. Screen saver retrival of slide show photos

Screen saver retrival of slide show photos: Can any one please offer me so help suggestions with this--I am try to get my screen saver currant photos up to look thru them.. Tried all most every thig with no luck.. Would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks--Dave...
  10. Screen saver for dual monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen saver for dual monitors: I used to have a screen saver (Firehand Ember) which worked well with my two monitors but as Windows has moved on it got left behind and the person who produced it gave up! So did the screen saver. It used to display different images on the two screens - not individually,...