Windows 10: Screen says 'Locking', shuts down and it will not startup now

Discus and support Screen says 'Locking', shuts down and it will not startup now in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My wife is using an ASUS laptop, having recently upgrading to the latest windows 10 a week or so ago. She was using Skype for a business call when it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CityPsychology, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Screen says 'Locking', shuts down and it will not startup now

My wife is using an ASUS laptop, having recently upgrading to the latest windows 10 a week or so ago. She was using Skype for a business call when it came up with a message says that for security reasons, Skype was going to be shutdown. Skype shut itself down and the laptop then shut down itself after. i started it up again, opened Skype again and next thing was the message 'locking' and it shut down. Now I cant even boot it up. Please can you advise?

:)

CityPsychology, Dec 7, 2019

2. Black Lock Screen

Hi Eugen,

As you have already tried to update the driver and changed the settings, I suggest you perform a startup repair by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.

After the Startup Repair is complete, check for the status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 7, 2019
  3. No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "rolling slideshow ", what exactly are you referring to?
    • When you say that "I can't activate it again.", are you referring that you are not able to Activate Windows 10?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps which you have performed to resolve the issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 7, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Screen says 'Locking', shuts down and it will not startup now

Startup Blue Screen

Hi Jon,

Startup blue screen error(s) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. It could be due to the following:

• Outdated device software drivers
    • Corrupted Windows update system files
    • Software/Security conflicts

We would like to know some information:

• Did you get any blue screen stop error codes?
    • Have you tried booting in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors and follow the troubleshooting steps provided there.

We will wait for your response

Remon Ont, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

Screen says 'Locking', shuts down and it will not startup now

1. Screen says 'Locking', shuts down and it will not startup now - Similar Threads - Screen says 'Locking'

2. Shut down and startup Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shut down and startup Problem: Cant able to shutdown and startup properly.Solution!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-and-startup-problem/f856f8a7-7332-4f4c-9243-654791cd7086
  3. Laptop randomly shuts down to a blue screen saying "Locking"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop randomly shuts down to a blue screen saying "Locking": I tried all the advanced battery fixes like battery action "do nothing" and Link State Power Management turned "plugged in" and "on battery" to off but it's still doing it. Any help would be appreciated....
  4. screen displays "lock screen" and shuts down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen displays "lock screen" and shuts down: My laptop using Windows 10 has suddenly encountered two problems: The screen will display "lock screen" for 1 or 2 seconds and shut down. This is seemingly random, as it doesn't appear associated with any particular website. The timing is also random, sometimes occurring...
  5. My Screen Says Locking and Shuts down..

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Screen Says Locking and Shuts down..: There is a big issue..Whenever i am watching any video or doing a class..My laptop automaticaly shuts down with a screen which states locking...Its a huge issue...And sometimes there comes a warning of overheating..but thats fixed now...still it comes...I had repaired it like...
  6. MY SCREEN SAYS LOCKING AND SHUTS DOWN...In middle of any thing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MY SCREEN SAYS LOCKING AND SHUTS DOWN...In middle of any thing: There is a big issue..Whenever i am watching any video or doing a class..My laptop automaticaly shuts down with a screen which states locking...Its a huge issue...And sometimes there comes a warning of overheating..but thats fixed now...still it comes...I had repaired it like...
  7. Locking Then Shut Down

in Windows 10 Support
    Locking Then Shut Down: Is Anybodys PC/Laptop Say Locking And Then Shut Down If Anybody Else Has This Or Knows How To Fix It Please Say I Have A HP Pavilion Laptop Running Windows 10 Home With A Samsung 1TB SSD 149300
  8. Error message saying Flow Will Now Shut Down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error message saying Flow Will Now Shut Down: I get an irritating message every time I boot up the computer saying "Error occurred - Flow will now shutdown. What is Flow and how do I get rid of thisirritating message?? It comes up with an "F" logo on the taskbar but a thorough search in the computer fails to find the...
  9. Lock screen is shutting down my apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock screen is shutting down my apps: Hi there, When I lock my laptop to go and do something elsewhere, it shuts down the apps that were running at the time. This is something that has just started happening. The two apps to which this has happened are Outlook 2013 & Virtual Weather Station. Please, can...
  10. Network shutting down on startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network shutting down on startup: Hi I have weird problem if there's topic already created sorry in advance. So i put my computer to sleep and let's say i wake it up 5 mins later, what happens? My internet icon goes to red then a minute later it goes to yellow, then again red and again yellow, in 3rd...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what does locking mean on my laptop

2. computer says locking and goes black

3. Screen says Locking shuts down and it will not startup now

4. computer locks and shuts dow and wont restart,
  5. computer shut down displaying locking,
  6. Why did my laptop lock itself and shut down .?,
  7. laptop locking and shutting down,
  8. pc said locking asus,
  9. laptop said locking and wont turn on,
  10. my asus screen said its locking what happened,
  11. laptop showed locjing then went blank,