Windows 10: Screen says Windows 7 when booting up although Windows 10 is the default in advanced settings

Discus and support Screen says Windows 7 when booting up although Windows 10 is the default in advanced settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro earlier in the year. When I boot up Windows it says Windows 7, but when I check my advanced settings my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Donna Lettieri-Marks, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Screen says Windows 7 when booting up although Windows 10 is the default in advanced settings

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro earlier in the year. When I boot up Windows it says Windows 7, but when I check my advanced settings my default is Windows 10, Windows 10 is activated etc. Have I done something wrong in the upgrade process?

:)

Donna Lettieri-Marks, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 27, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Screen says Windows 7 when booting up although Windows 10 is the default in advanced settings

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Screen says Windows 7 when booting up although Windows 10 is the default in advanced settings

1. Screen says Windows 7 when booting up although Windows 10 is the default in advanced settings - Similar Threads - Screen says booting

2. Setting number of processor in advanced boot settings causes windows to fail booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Setting number of processor in advanced boot settings causes windows to fail booting: Hi everyone, so I have a lenovo z50-75 laptop with latest windows 10 pro installed and when I try to set the "Number of CPUs" to max cores of my CPU, my system fails starting gets stuck on the windows logo and the loading circle never shows up any idea why is this happening?...
  3. Windows 10 advanced audio settings keep changing back to default.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 advanced audio settings keep changing back to default.: I have a GoXLR by TC-Helicon and I use it to allocate apps to different audio outputs. A lot of apps get reset back to default system audio on boot. Example, I have Google Chrome set to my "Music" output. Once I boot my computer, it still says Music but the audio itself will...
  4. Advanced boot settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Advanced boot settings: Hey, I was in msconfig in boot settings I went to advanced settings then I changed the number of processor to 1 then I click apply and restarted my pc, when it started I logged on went to boot settings advanced settings and when I clicked on the number of proccessors drop...
  5. How to change Boot defaults when dual-booting using Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Boot defaults when dual-booting using Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10: [ATTACH]This post will show you how to change Boot defaults when dual-booting using Advanced […] This article How to change Boot defaults when dual-booting using Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Windows boots up at Advanced Options, help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows boots up at Advanced Options, help!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Tijmen-Huisman [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hyb2ri/windows_boots_up_at_advanced_options_help/
  7. Windows 10 not recognizing my default e-mail, although its set as the default

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 not recognizing my default e-mail, although its set as the default: I have followed the tutorials online and know that I have properly set up my default e-mail program as MAIL. I have also set MAIL as my default ap under the "mail to" protocol. Yet, when I try to e-mail from my photo scanner ap, my computer isn't recognizing my default has...
  8. Setting up a Windows 7 and Windows 10 network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting up a Windows 7 and Windows 10 network.: I have a Windows 7 desktop which is ethernet wired to a Talktalk router. I also have a Windows 7 laptop and a Windows 10 laptop. I want to set up a home network, but the Windows 10 laptop does not have the same control panel as Windows 7. Can someone please help? Thanks!...
  9. How to set up a dual boot of Windows 7 with pre-existing 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to set up a dual boot of Windows 7 with pre-existing 10?: I am troubleshooting a problem with odd black screens when installing AMD video card drivers in Windows 10. ref. Black screen when installing AMD video drivers - Windows 10 Forums Anyway, I was thinking of quickly installing Windows 7 on a spare partition, so I can better...
  10. Enable Always Boot to Advanced Startup Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable Always Boot to Advanced Startup Settings in Windows 10: How to: Enable Always Boot to Advanced Startup Settings in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Always Boot to Advanced Startup Settings in Windows 10 [img] Information Advanced Startup Settings lets you start Windows 10 in different advanced troubleshooting modes to...