Windows 10: Screen scaling

Discus and support Screen scaling in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi! Yesterday something strange happened with my screen scaling. I'm using old 4:3 screen and GeForce 250 graphic card. w10 1903. For two or three... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alexandra Filipchenko, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Screen scaling

Hi!

Yesterday something strange happened with my screen scaling. I'm using old 4:3 screen and GeForce 250 graphic card. w10 1903.

For two or three years 1280x720 screen resolution worked very well. I had a perfect 16:9 display in center and two black lines up and down.

But today something bad happened - all 16:9 or another screen resolutions now "fit" to all available screen space.

Also I can't change scaling settings in nVidia Control Panel (like I did before), it can't apply any settings at all.

I reinstall 5 or more driver versions and nothing changed. Looks like from now Windows controls scaling and I can't find a magic button "please not scale my image" in any settings.

:)

Alexandra Filipchenko, Sep 14, 2019

2. custom scaling documents for printing in windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

• How you trying to scale the documents?
    • Which application you are using for scaling the documents.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

1. Press control key + p.

2. Now select the number of pages you want to scale while printing.

3. Click apply.

4. Now click on print.

Please try the above suggestions and let us know the status of the issue.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Sep 25, 2019
  3. wzball Win User
    Un-clickable Window on Desktop during full screen

Hi all,

The issue has come back after testing the 'Scale full screen'. The problem still occurs.

Any other suggestions for troubleshooting steps that anyone may have would be greatly appreciated.

wzball, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Screen scaling

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Screen scaling

1. Screen scaling - Similar Threads - Screen scaling

2. [Dual Monitor] How to fix on-screen object scaling?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Dual Monitor] How to fix on-screen object scaling?: I have 2x 27" LG monitors:4K UHD LCD2K QHD OLEDI use the OLED for gaming, but I use both for productivity and general use.They are side by side, equal in size, and only different in pixel density / resolution.However, Windows doesn't seem to have any awareness of these...
  3. [Dual Monitor] How to fix on-screen object scaling?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Dual Monitor] How to fix on-screen object scaling?: I have 2x 27" LG monitors:4K UHD LCD2K QHD OLEDI use the OLED for gaming, but I use both for productivity and general use.They are side by side, equal in size, and only different in pixel density / resolution.However, Windows doesn't seem to have any awareness of these...
  4. [Dual Monitor] How to fix on-screen object scaling?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Overriding scaling on individual screens for specific applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Overriding scaling on individual screens for specific applications: Hi thereI'm using a coding app on my laptop with a connected external screen, and the app appears fine on my laptop screen, but blurry on the monitor. I changed the settings to override the scaling for just the coding app but now it appears fine on the monitor but blurry on...
  6. Overriding scaling on individual screens for specific applications

Overriding scaling on individual screens for specific applications: Hi thereI'm using a coding app on my laptop with a connected external screen, and the app appears fine on my laptop screen, but blurry on the monitor. I changed the settings to override the scaling for just the coding app but now it appears fine on the monitor but blurry on...
  7. Scaling and/or font sizes on the Windows 10 Login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scaling and/or font sizes on the Windows 10 Login screen: Is there a way to change the fonts and/or resolution of the information on the login screen? On my laptop the login picture & name are so large it reminds me of sitting in the first row of a movie theatre. Changing the default scaling in Settings seems to change it a bit but...
  8. Scaling and/or font sizes on the Windows 10 Login screen

Scaling and/or font sizes on the Windows 10 Login screen: Is there a way to change the fonts and/or resolution of the information on the login screen? On my laptop the login picture & name are so large it reminds me of sitting in the first row of a movie theatre. Changing the default scaling in Settings seems to change it a bit but...
  9. Scaling and/or font sizes on the Windows 10 Login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. screenshot photo of a youtube video is pixelated at screen UI scale 125%?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screenshot photo of a youtube video is pixelated at screen UI scale 125%?: hello everyonejust got my new laptop with the first for me windows 10 22H2 integrated and external gfx card . Ryzen7 Nvidia RTX3050 16GB ram chrome and edge browsera full-hd panel and i use125% display scaling.whenever i take a screenshot photo of a youtube video the screen...