Windows 10: Screen scrolling up while typing

Discus and support Screen scrolling up while typing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Whenever I start typing, the screen will automatically scroll up. How can you stop this annoying problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IsaAbideen, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Screen scrolling up while typing

Whenever I start typing, the screen will automatically scroll up.

How can you stop this annoying problem.

:)

IsaAbideen, Oct 10, 2020
  2. pedsto Win User

scrolling bad

New event. When placing cursor over a list or row of columns, even the volume bar scrolling is automatic and proceeds to one end of the series and stops. The scrolling also stops when I move the cursor away from the list but am unable to select anything in the list. Not all the possible lists are effected. Other sites have recommended mouse/kb fixes. Have tried all those but the phenomena persists. Have not had any known updates recently and don't have a restore point to try. Any other suggestions? W10Pro 1903

pedsto, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 10, 2020
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Screen scrolling up while typing

Scrolling and jumping

Hi JohnEmms,

Just to verify, did you mean the touchpad or the touch screen functionality? Please advise so we can know which one to troubleshoot specifically.

In the mean time, I suggest performing the Windows 10 Hardware and Devices troubleshooter for a possible fix. Here are the steps:

1. Type Troubleshoot on the Cortana search box and hit the Enter key.
    2. Scroll down and click Hardware and Devices.
    3. Click Run the troubleshooter.
    4. Restart your PC.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Mark Isi, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

Screen scrolling up while typing

1. Screen scrolling up while typing - Similar Threads - Screen scrolling while

2. disable letter pop up while type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable letter pop up while type: sir, my brother not deliberate click something and i dont know to disable it, please help me thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-letter-pop-up-while-type/7356b7d4-f8b8-411c-a802-843e4ad4e06b
  3. disable letter pop up while type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disable letter pop up while type: sir, my brother not deliberate click something and i dont know to disable it, please help me thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-letter-pop-up-while-type/7356b7d4-f8b8-411c-a802-843e4ad4e06b
  4. Weird symbol show up while typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird symbol show up while typing: When im typing and pressing spacebar+w accidentally i get a weird window like this ,this started in may 2023 and im trying to find a solution since then.please tell me the solution,additional info:Windows 11 home 22h2lenovo ideapad slim 3i 15inch core i5...
  5. Weird symbol show up while typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird symbol show up while typing: When im typing and pressing spacebar+w accidentally i get a weird window like this ,this started in may 2023 and im trying to find a solution since then.please tell me the solution,additional info:Windows 11 home 22h2lenovo ideapad slim 3i 15inch core i5...
  6. Screen automatically scrolling top and left of the screen plus backward typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen automatically scrolling top and left of the screen plus backward typing: For a month my laptop screen is scrolling automatically to the top and left sides of the screen. When I try to scroll it where I want it to be, it just rolls back again to the top. It's so frustrating at work. Plus it as is accompanied by backward typing. I have tried many...
  7. '/' character shows up while I type.

in Windows 10 Customization
    '/' character shows up while I type.: The character '/' keeps on appearing while I type. I am not able to type anything properly now. This problem started just 2 days back.I will write a text that comes when I type:Th/e ch/arcter keeps on appearing/ disturbing/ th/e normal sentences....
  8. Typing and scrolling issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Typing and scrolling issues: I have had this laptop 2 months tops and continuously have this problem. This occurs every 10-20 seconds; I will be attempting to scroll up or down and the page will freeze and stop scrolling for about 3-5 seconds, then the page will scroll really fast as if trying to catch...
  9. screen scrolls up automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen scrolls up automatically: I have a problem with scrolling. When I am on the browser and scroll down, the screen automatically scrolls up to the top of the picture. Please, recommend how I can fix it...
  10. Typing and scrolling issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Typing and scrolling issue: Hi, I have something strange happing for a while now and cannot find a fix; or even identify what is causing it. This doe not happing all the time, like I was able to type this issue here. However, out of no where it will occur, and then stop at other times; or maybe it...