Windows 10: Screen seems faint, trouble seeing lines

Discus and support Screen seems faint, trouble seeing lines in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm new to windows 10, was using windows 7. I hope there is just some setting I've missed. All the fields and lines in applications and programs are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JYoung2, Jan 28, 2019.

1. JYoung2 Win User

Screen seems faint, trouble seeing lines

I'm new to windows 10, was using windows 7.

I hope there is just some setting I've missed.

All the fields and lines in applications and programs are VERY faint. Internet, too.

How can I fix this? (Or do I need to schedule an appointment with my eye doctor...)

Thank you,

JYoung2

:)

JYoung2, Jan 28, 2019

2. Lumia 640 XL - Faint lines on the display

this is a question to any owners of the 640 XL.... i have just started using mine but have already noticed that on the white background of the screen and on a lot of other colors i can see lots of faint lines... im not sure if its called color banding but
    to the physical eye it looks as if there is faint grayish vertical lines all over the screen

i was led to believe the screen was good with this and have read meany reviews on the device saying the screen was great Screen seems faint, trouble seeing lines :(

so is it my device which has a issue or is that just how they are

thank you

***Original title: Question about the screen on a Lumia 640 XL***

Pavlos 2011, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Faint vertical lines after update

After my Lenovo G70 updated I noticed now that I have very faint vertical lines which are really only noticeable in areas of solid color. You do have to put your face a little closer to the screen to see them but they are noticeable, especially when the
    brightness is turned up. It almost looks like a grid pattern in some areas.

I updated the graphics drivers and that didn't make the lines go away. Any other ways I could potentially get rid of these lines?

WhiskeyCoffee, Jan 28, 2019
  4. Screen seems faint, trouble seeing lines

Faint vertical lines on 635 screen.

I am seeing faint vertical lines (more noticeable on lighter colours) on my lumia 635 screen. They appear for around ten minutes when I power up or the phone has been idle for an hour or more then they fade away. The phone is only three weeks old and
    I noticed this straight out of the box. I need to decide soon whether to return or not so would appreciate your opinions on this. This is a magnified photo, screenshots do not show the problem. Not sure if this is normal as friends 630 seems to do the same
    thing.

Screen seems faint, trouble seeing lines 30abdb25-e15b-4d23-b8b2-51690fd72606.png

DeclanGrace, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

Screen seems faint, trouble seeing lines

1. Screen seems faint, trouble seeing lines - Similar Threads - Screen seems faint

2. The bottom of my computer screen contains horizontal lines . The top of my screen seems to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The bottom of my computer screen contains horizontal lines . The top of my screen seems to...: When I try to take a screenshot there seems to be no problem at all it feels like a physical problem more than a technical problem help me, please. This is my laptop screen I have no external monitor. I have a Lenovo legion 5 240hrz display with intel i7 10th gen with Nvidia...
  3. Faint box on screen, mouse spins

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Faint box on screen, mouse spins: Running Windows 11 on Dell Inspiron 3471. Even when everything closed out, there is a faint rectangle in the middle of screen, near the task bar. As I move the mouse around the screen, the arrow is shown, no problems. But, when I move the mouse to the faint rectangle, the...
  4. Faint box on screen, mouse spins

Faint box on screen, mouse spins: Running Windows 11 on Dell Inspiron 3471. Even when everything closed out, there is a faint rectangle in the middle of screen, near the task bar. As I move the mouse around the screen, the arrow is shown, no problems. But, when I move the mouse to the faint rectangle, the...
  5. Faint horizontal line in HP 360 convertible 15 inch laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Faint horizontal line in HP 360 convertible 15 inch laptop: This week, as I was working on completed homework my screen went white/transparent white all of all sudden. I was able to see the cursor. After a few minutes the screen went back to normal but a faint transparent horizontal line remained at the bottom of the task bar. I...
  6. Faint horizontal line in HP 360 convertible 15 inch laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Faint horizontal line in HP 360 convertible 15 inch laptop: This week, as I was working on completed homework my screen went white/transparent white all of all sudden. I was able to see the cursor. After a few minutes the screen went back to normal but a faint transparent horizontal line remained at the bottom of the task bar. I...
  7. Faint horizontal line in HP 360 convertible 15 inch laptop

8. Trouble Seeing External Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trouble Seeing External Drive: I have been using a WD My Passport external drive since 2006. Beginning in Dec 2019, none of my laptops can "see" the external drive when I plug in the USB cable. Using Disk Manager, it says that there are 931 GB Unallocated and disk not been initialized. What happened?...
  9. Faint words.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Faint words.: The headlines on my computer are very clear but narrative is faint and blurry. Tried Display Settings but can't resolve this issue. Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/faint-words/e581427c-02ec-4e62-b9ac-dcc2c383a641
  10. faint font

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    faint font: I have a new inspiron 7380 brand new. the font when you open file explorer is really faint. trying to get to support is almost impossible. I have a 4 year old inspiron and the font is strong and clear. any idea how to fix please?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. box lines faint windows 10

2. lines faint in windows 10

3. screen seems faint

4. faint screen,
  5. new windows 10 font seems faint