Windows 10: Screen settings crashing and exit all the time (no error msg)

Discus and support Screen settings crashing and exit all the time (no error msg) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, i have had problem with night light (always on) I have deleted in registry and now I have no screen settings and light night at all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by salesassistant, Jul 18, 2021.

1. Screen settings crashing and exit all the time (no error msg)

Hi, i have had problem with night light (always on) I have deleted in registry and now I have no screen settings and light night at all HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\DefaultAccount\Current\ default$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\DefaultAccount\Current\ default$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settings there were Data REG_BINARY I have also deleted those catalogs in Cloud and Cache but after deleting those files in Current made a difference Night light went permanent off and screen settings are always crashing after starting them. I have recreated those catalogues in Cache, Default Account (Cloud, Current) and took Data from guy in this forum Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 ; Created by: Shawn Brink ; Created on: May 22nd 2017 [-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount\$$ windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate] [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount\$$ windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate\Current] "Data"=hex:02,00,00,00,26,a9,0c,cc,2b,d3,d2,01,00,00,00,00,43,42,01,00,c6,14,\ ad,99,b0,e0,bc,e5,b4,e9,01,00 [-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount\$$ windows.data.bluelightreduction.settings] [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount\$$ windows.data.bluelightreduction.settings\Current] "Data"=hex:02,00,00,00,e4,cb,20,ce,2b,d3,d2,01,00,00,00,00,43,42,01,00,ca,14,\ 0e,15,00,ca,1e,0e,07,00,ca,32,0e,14,2e,22,00,ca,3c,0e,06,2e,16,00,00 But still no luck and after restart still have Night Light gray out in Windows and always when i click Screen settings it has this green screen and crash no message. Have no idea how to restore fix that due i haven't backup those reg files ;/

:)

salesassistant, Jul 18, 2021
  2. dgard Win User

Black screen after exiting games

Hi all,

Ever since I installed the Windows 10 Anniversary edition update a few weeks ago, I've been having a weird display issue.

Every time I finishing playing a game, upon exiting back to Windows my desktop is completely black. After some trial and error I've found that disconnecting the HDMI cable from my monitor for a couple of seconds and then plugging it back in results in the correct display.

I've done some Googling and it's been suggested that Windows may be showing me a "ghost display"; that is, a display that it thinks exists, but actually doesn't.

However, I don't believe that is my issue, as in advanced Display Settings, no second monitor is displayed, and one is not detected when I click "Detect". In addition, the Intel HD Graphics application does not show/detect any non-existent device.

It was also suggested that my D-Sub connector may be faulty and thinking that there is a second display when there is not, but connecting a second screen via that port and then playing/exiting a game results in the same issue.

I'm currently at a loss as to what the issue could be, so if anyone has any hints/tips as to what my next steps should be (or, of course, the answer), I'd be grateful for your assistance.

Thanks,
    David

dgard, Jul 18, 2021
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 18, 2021
  4. Sigurd Win User

Screen settings crashing and exit all the time (no error msg)

Opening a .MSG file created by Outlook 365

Because the apps I had tried and the one I had installed, appeared on the list of possible Apps in the list for opening MSG files, I thought that repairing Outlook might work. So I tried the repair option as Sheltieuk had suggested. When I then tried Start – Defaults afterwards and looked to see what was available to open MSG files, Outlook had appeared on the list! Selected that and it worked.

For once I have posed not only a question but an answer!!

Sigurd, Jul 18, 2021
Thema:

Screen settings crashing and exit all the time (no error msg)

1. Screen settings crashing and exit all the time (no error msg) - Similar Threads - Screen settings crashing

2. App crashing all the time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App crashing all the time: Hi,I bought a new computer and installed Huawei Theme Studio.My OS is Windows 11 but one app crashes all the time, on my old computer with Windows 11 it works.Here is the crashlog:Crash log: The error occurred in the program named: ThemeStudio.exe, version 11.301.0.0,...
  3. Computer crashes all the time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashes all the time.: Hello, My PC gets a blue screen with the issue code: "hidusb.sys". i already tried reseting my pc and all that stuff. But the issue can´t be solved. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-crashes-all-the-time/aef48fe8-202e-474f-a34b-f088180fdde4
  4. Unknown error msg

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown error msg: Dear All,Need your assistance here, refer to attached, I kept getting this message when I on the computer, cannot even install "adobe acrobat reader DC"Can you help please? Thank you very much...
  5. Unknown error msg

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown error msg: Dear All,Need your assistance here, refer to attached, I kept getting this message when I on the computer, cannot even install "adobe acrobat reader DC"Can you help please? Thank you very much...
  6. Unknown error msg

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. my search bar and settings app crash all the time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my search bar and settings app crash all the time: I updated my windows with the windows updater to Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042 I tried using the search and index troubleshooter and several other fixes from the windows forum. do you guys know how to rollback the update since I tried so many things?...
  8. Windows Error Unexpectedly / Crash BSOD all the time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Error Unexpectedly / Crash BSOD all the time: Hello my pc has been having problems [IMG]for the past week like restarting/crashing/ blue screen of death while playing roblox. iS There any way to fix this...
  9. Games crashing all the time

in Cortana
    Games crashing all the time: [ATTACH]this wont stop crashing my games any help ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/games-crashing-all-the-time/b9526734-cd85-4b94-a49a-d824f5406bca"
  10. Error msg.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error msg.: Had error msg. that my home computer was invaded accompanied by a terrible beeping sound. Requested I call a support number 855-523-5682. Is this a legitimate error or scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-msg/88f7afd0-ef57-4e29-8a7c-aa5a0a1ca6d1"