Windows 10: screen settings

Discus and support screen settings in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; How do I adjust the settings in windows 10 so that my screen does not log out of my current activity when inactive for a short period of time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by rv#33, Apr 9, 2019.

1. rv#33 Win User

screen settings

How do I adjust the settings in windows 10 so that my screen does not log out of my current activity when inactive for a short period of time

:)

rv#33, Apr 9, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 9, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 9, 2019
  4. Ender Win User

screen settings

Setting the default input method for the Windows 10 login screen

I had the same question but with French being the default on Windows 10 rather than the one I wanted so I ended up here.

HoD is very close. I was able to use his suggestion to find the solution for me. This solution uses your current display and input language to change the Welcome screen and possible for new user accounts if you want. So make sure you have the display and input settings while logged in that you want to apply to the login screen before doing the steps:

1. Click the language on the Taskbar.
    2. Then click Language preferences.
    3. At the bottom under "Related settings," click "additional date, time, & regional settings" which opens the control panel
    4. Click the "Region" option
    5. Then go to the far right tab "Administrative". (HoD's step 2)
    6. In the "Welcome screen and new user accounts" click copy settings. (HoD's step 3)
    7. Tick "Welcome screen and system accounts" (and "new user accounts" if you want it to be applied to those as well). (HoD's step 4)
    8. Click Ok. (HoD's step 5)

I was able to use HoD's suggestion to find the solution here. It's for Windows 8.1, but works on 10 so far.

Hope it will help you, too!

Ender, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

screen settings

1. screen settings - Similar Threads - screen settings

2. Where can i find all of the images that windows set for my lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Where can i find all of the images that windows set for my lock screen: Hello, I have been trying to find an image that had "cowboys, trees and it was during the fall season". I was able to find the current images that windows uses for my PC's lock screen. However, I couldn't find the image I wanted. I know windows always replaces the lock...
  3. running dual screens different settings for Night light

in Windows 10 Customization
    running dual screens different settings for Night light: HI, I have windows 10 running on a Dell inspiron with dual screens. Windows has recently updated it's self. For some reason one screen has night light running and the other does not. It's 14:19 here. Is there a setting for this that I need to change on the screen running...
  4. Blank Windows Activation Screen in Settings

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Blank Windows Activation Screen in Settings: I've recently reset my Windows Surface Book as I was having problems with the Firewall not working. Upon resetting the Surface Book, the firewall and security settings are now working but Windows keeps notifying me that my version of Windows needs to be activated - it does...
  5. How to copy display language setting English (Canada) to welcome screen and new users?

How to copy display language setting English (Canada) to welcome screen and new users?: I am a member of the Administrators group and I try to copy my display language to the Welcome screen and new users. Part of Windows knows correctly that my Windows display language is English (Canada). When I try to copy the settings to the Welcome screen and new users,...
  6. Escape from white "settings setup" screen after feature update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Escape from white "settings setup" screen after feature update: If you are stuck with the screen and unable to access your desktop, turn on Narrator (highlight the name to do this, when the option is offered) then follow the voice prompts. Choose Yes to every option offered and you will get the greyed out Accept buttons activated, and...
  7. Battery saving mode sets screen backlight to zero percent and disables USB ports while...

Battery saving mode sets screen backlight to zero percent and disables USB ports while...: ever since i bought my laptop with windows 10 few years ago, i am having this one problem to which, unfortunately, i could not find any solution to this day. i am traveling a lot and i need to use inverters for charging my laptop and while i am charging - all is fine, but...
  8. Screen Blank after one minute but I set it to 20

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Blank after one minute but I set it to 20: This happens on Lenovo Thinkpad W550s with Win10 Pro. I do not have Lenovo crapware on it, because I did a clean, generic install about 1.5 year ago. I have never had this problem on a Windows desktop with Win10Pro or a Dell laptop with Win10 Pro. Behavior After one minute of...
  9. Win10 PRO and it keeps showing the screen "Use Express settings" on loading

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 PRO and it keeps showing the screen "Use Express settings" on loading: I installed WIN 10. Then I'm installing Win10 PRO and I get as far as "Use Express settings" which I select, and then comes back to "Hi There" screen again. I have done this 10+ times. I also shut down the Laptop and it booted back up to the "Hi there" page. How do I go...
  10. Managing Screen/Desplay Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Managing Screen/Desplay Settings: Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to find instructions on how to do the simplest things? All I want to do is lengthen to time it takes before the screen lock kicks in, especially when I am plugged in? I've searched all over Control Panel, under 'Security' and 'Power...