Windows 10: Screen settings

Discus and support Screen settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I log on to my computer, it keeps returning to the screen that I have to log in. It also asks for my password. This is very frustrating and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GinnyJohnson182, May 29, 2019.

1. Screen settings

When I log on to my computer, it keeps returning to the screen that I have to log in. It also asks for my password. This is very frustrating and I need help to change my settings.​

:)

GinnyJohnson182, May 29, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 29, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, May 29, 2019
  4. Ender Win User

Screen settings

Setting the default input method for the Windows 10 login screen

I had the same question but with French being the default on Windows 10 rather than the one I wanted so I ended up here.

HoD is very close. I was able to use his suggestion to find the solution for me. This solution uses your current display and input language to change the Welcome screen and possible for new user accounts if you want. So make sure you have the display and input settings while logged in that you want to apply to the login screen before doing the steps:

1. Click the language on the Taskbar.
    2. Then click Language preferences.
    3. At the bottom under "Related settings," click "additional date, time, & regional settings" which opens the control panel
    4. Click the "Region" option
    5. Then go to the far right tab "Administrative". (HoD's step 2)
    6. In the "Welcome screen and new user accounts" click copy settings. (HoD's step 3)
    7. Tick "Welcome screen and system accounts" (and "new user accounts" if you want it to be applied to those as well). (HoD's step 4)
    8. Click Ok. (HoD's step 5)

I was able to use HoD's suggestion to find the solution here. It's for Windows 8.1, but works on 10 so far.

Hope it will help you, too!

Ender, May 29, 2019
Thema:

Screen settings

1. Screen settings - Similar Threads - Screen settings

2. Windows spotlight setting doesn't work for lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows spotlight setting doesn't work for lock screen: I navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen > Personalize your lock screen and choose "Windows spotlight". But the moment I exit and re-enter the personalization menu - it is reverted back to "picture" mode. Things I already tried as troubleshooting1. I checked for...
  3. Windows spotlight setting doesn't work for lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows spotlight setting doesn't work for lock screen: I navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen > Personalize your lock screen and choose "Windows spotlight". But the moment I exit and re-enter the personalization menu - it is reverted back to "picture" mode. Things I already tried as troubleshooting1. I checked for...
  4. Facing persistent blue screen errors on my system, coupled with a malfunction in setting up...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facing persistent blue screen errors on my system, coupled with a malfunction in setting up...: Facing persistent blue screen errors on my system, coupled with a malfunction in setting up my PIN on Microsoft platforms. Any suggestions or troubleshooting steps to resolve these issues? Urgently need assistance. #BlueScreen #PINSetupError"...
  5. Facing persistent blue screen errors on my system, coupled with a malfunction in setting up...

Facing persistent blue screen errors on my system, coupled with a malfunction in setting up...: Facing persistent blue screen errors on my system, coupled with a malfunction in setting up my PIN on Microsoft platforms. Any suggestions or troubleshooting steps to resolve these issues? Urgently need assistance. #BlueScreen #PINSetupError"...
  6. Facing persistent blue screen errors on my system, coupled with a malfunction in setting up...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Handicapped - Visual - Screen Settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Handicapped - Visual - Screen Settings?: Handicapped - Visual - Screen Settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/handicapped-visual-screen-settings/7c9cb512-8367-4413-a0eb-8b3e68bcecf6
  8. Handicapped - Visual - Screen Settings?

Handicapped - Visual - Screen Settings?: Handicapped - Visual - Screen Settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/handicapped-visual-screen-settings/7c9cb512-8367-4413-a0eb-8b3e68bcecf6
  9. laptop screen saver comes on after one minute. how do I change the screen saver settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop screen saver comes on after one minute. how do I change the screen saver settings?: After 1 minute of inactivity, my HP laptop screen goes dark. If I am taking notes, or reading an article without moving the mouse, it just goes dark. Very frustrating when trying to take notes from online texts and it shuts down. I've reset the screen and sleep times, created...
  10. laptop screen saver comes on after one minute. how do I change the screen saver settings?

laptop screen saver comes on after one minute. how do I change the screen saver settings?: After 1 minute of inactivity, my HP laptop screen goes dark. If I am taking notes, or reading an article without moving the mouse, it just goes dark. Very frustrating when trying to take notes from online texts and it shuts down. I've reset the screen and sleep times, created...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. close surface pro lid screen turns off