Windows 10: Screen sharing between Surface Book 3 and Sony A80J Bravia TV

Discus and support Screen sharing between Surface Book 3 and Sony A80J Bravia TV in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Cannot project my desktop using the “Screen mirroring” screen sharing of my SarfaceBook 3 Windows 11 with automatic updates to a Sony XR-65A80J... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ubique3, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Ubique3 Win User

Screen sharing between Surface Book 3 and Sony A80J Bravia TV

Cannot project my desktop using the “Screen mirroring” screen sharing of my SarfaceBook 3 Windows 11 with automatic updates to a Sony XR-65A80J television with version PKG6.4284.0521NAA. The TV is on the same Wi-Fi as the computer. By pressing "Microsoft" & "K" the computer recognizes the TV and displays the connection is in progress. After 1 minute, the computer still displays "Cannot connect."The connection is made for video sharing with Edge and Chrome, but it is not possible to share the desktop

:)

Ubique3, Nov 29, 2021
  2. Lunever Win User

Screen Mirroring Bravia TV and Notebook with Windows 10

I have the same problem with my Surface Book and my Sony/Bravia TV (KD-55SD8505).

Unfortunately I can't use the intel update, since the update tools won't perform on a surface book due to manufacturer specific driver modifications.

So it seems only Microsoft will be able to fix this by putting the correct drivers into Windows Update.

Lunever, Nov 29, 2021
  3. Prion Win User
    Sony Bravia TV on my network

Why is there always a Sony Bravia TV on my network under displays? I don't have one. I've changed my Wi-Fi password, even stopped broadcasting ssid but it keeps popping up. I don't own a Bravia, what's going on?

Prion, Nov 29, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

Sony Bravia TV on my network

An odd one!

First, I'd check to see if there is a (neigbours?) Sony Bravia that is actually connecting to you or network. You router's 'setup' pages should have a 'Devices' section that lists all known devices that are (or have been) connected by WiFi. You should also be able to delete it from there. You may also be able to find/delete it in the DHCP settings.

Now, if your router has no memory of such a device, it could be that the TV isn't actually connecting to your network at all, but that it is being seen as an independent WiFi connection available to connect to. Your neighbour may be playing with their TV's 'WiFi Direct' settings.
    http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/con...to-tv-via-wifi

PS: try Casting something to it and give them a surprise *Biggrin

Thema:

1. Screen sharing between Surface Book 3 and Sony A80J Bravia TV - Similar Threads - Screen sharing between

2. Surface Book 3 Screen randomly freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Book 3 Screen randomly freezing: Good day everyone, and thanks in advance for any replies!For the past few days, my Surface Book 3 screen has been freezing randomly.In fact, it is only the display on the internal screen that freezes, otherwise the PC continues to run normally. I know that because a second...
  3. Surface Book 3 Screen randomly freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Book 3 Screen randomly freezing: Good day everyone, and thanks in advance for any replies!For the past few days, my Surface Book 3 screen has been freezing randomly.In fact, it is only the display on the internal screen that freezes, otherwise the PC continues to run normally. I know that because a second...
  4. 22H2 and Surface Book 3

22H2 and Surface Book 3: I have a Surface Book 3 running Windows 11 Pro. I have not been able to get a major update since 21H2. Is there a way to force the 22H2 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/22h2-and-surface-book-3/02336010-c0e0-47b5-87d5-3f4c91afee53
  5. Screen sharing between Surface Book 3 and Sony A80J Bravia TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen sharing between Surface Book 3 and Sony A80J Bravia TV: Cannot project my desktop using the “Screen mirroring” screen sharing of my SarfaceBook 3 Windows 11 with automatic updates to a Sony XR-65A80J television with version PKG6.4284.0521NAA. The TV is on the same Wi-Fi as the computer. By pressing "Microsoft" & "K" the computer...
  6. Sony Bravia UR3 as Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sony Bravia UR3 as Monitor: I am trying to setup a newly installed Windows 11 PC as a HTPC. It is a 7th gen Intel NUC. It did not give any indication of trouble with Windows 11 when installing. But, the monitor, at least in Device Manager, is showing as generic. Which is odd because it is reported as...
  7. Sony Bravia UR3 as Monitor

Sony Bravia UR3 as Monitor: I am trying to setup a newly installed Windows 11 PC as a HTPC. It is a 7th gen Intel NUC. It did not give any indication of trouble with Windows 11 when installing. But, the monitor, at least in Device Manager, is showing as generic. Which is odd because it is reported as...
  8. Sony Bravia TV no longer recognized by windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sony Bravia TV no longer recognized by windows 10: My Sony Bravia was perfectly being recognized by windows 10 until I disconnected the Sony Bravia from the pcs hdmi input. Upon reconnecting the Sony into the pc all of a sudden windows 10 stopped recognizing the Sony tv. The display doesn’t show up anymore. I tried a...
  9. Surface book 3 Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface book 3 Bluetooth: My sb3 is having issues with not being "connected" to several bluetooth devices inlcuding the surface pen. The top button will not work but bluetooth settings says "paired" not "connected". This is a common issue byt i have nit been able to find a solution. This issue plus my...
  10. Sony Bravia TV on my network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sony Bravia TV on my network: Why is there always a Sony Bravia TV on my network under displays? I don't have one. I've changed my Wi-Fi password, even stopped broadcasting ssid but it keeps popping up. I don't own a Bravia, what's going on? 64384