Windows 10: Screen sharing goes mobile and more with Skype on Android and iOS

Discus and support Screen sharing goes mobile and more with Skype on Android and iOS in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Skype has always been the easiest way to share your screen with others, and now we’re taking one of our most popular features on the go. Starting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Screen sharing goes mobile and more with Skype on Android and iOS

Source: Screen sharing goes mobile—and more | Skype Blogs

Download: https://www.skype.com/en/get-skype/skype-for-mobile/

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

:)

Brink, Jun 5, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Skype Preview version 8.43.76.38 Introduces Screen Sharing on Mobile

Source: Skype Preview Introducing Screen Sharing on mobile - Microsoft Community

Download: Skype Insider | Install a Preview version of Skype

Brink, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Darksaber Win User
    Skype goes mobile!

Well, this step was just a matter of time. Skype is now available for Mobile phones. It is even compatible to SkypeOut. It needs a bluetooth phone as it seems, since the article mentions this for the use of the software. No further details on how the software is made, and what kind of software support is needed by the phone. But I am sure that all the info can be found at the creator's website: EpyxMobile.

Read the whole story at Softpedia

Darksaber, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Screen sharing goes mobile and more with Skype on Android and iOS

SkyPE for iOS and Windows

Hello,

I now occasionally check after SkyPE version updates whether or not Microsoft has addressed the Privacy issue I've previously reported, namely your Contacts list now no longer includes just your own Contacts, but a list of strangers - and indeed presumably
    the opposite happens regardless of Privacy settings.

However, this question is not exactly related to the above, though may be connected.

I can login to SkyPE on iOS and on Windows via App or Web. Both iOS version logins and Windows Logins are although seemingly the same, sharing the same hotmail email address, but the profile screens show different content - the one accessed via iOS has no
    information about my mobile number, whereas the one on my PC does... .

The profile settings also had a different option setting - "Discoverability" on the phone was checked (now unchecked), but all others remained the same.

On the PC / Web version - under Account Settings, I see my alongside the Blue SkyPE "S-logo", the heading"Skype Name: " followed by my SkyPE ID, and underneath that against "Microsoft account" I see a link to "Connect a Microsoft account
    for a better skype experience"...

On the iOS version, I do not see a "SkyPe Name" heading, simply "Microsoft account" with the word "Linked" shown under that.

Also, I tried logging into the PC version using my mobile number, but that wasn't recognised.....

So oddly it looks like I have two different IDs both have the same underlying hotmail account, the contacts list as exported to CSV from the iOS version (looks to be the same as that shown on the PC version.... but the PC version doesn't appear to have an
    export to CSV option). It's also the iOS version is the one showing these Strangers' IDs within my contacts list - something I do not want, and am very concerned that my ID is being shown in other's contacts lists - contrary to all Privacy Laws.

1. How is it that this situation could have arisen ?

2. How can I switch to using the Skype login (rather than the Linked Microsoft account login) upon my iOS device ?

3. As both appear to be linked to my Hotmail account, why are the Privacy settings not being respected upon the iOS version ?

4. How can I be assured that the Privacy settings are being adhered ?

EnglishmanInJapan, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Screen sharing goes mobile and more with Skype on Android and iOS

1. Screen sharing goes mobile and more with Skype on Android and iOS - Similar Threads - Screen sharing goes

2. Skype screen sharing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Skype screen sharing: Could you please help me? I updated my skype yesterday. It was the latest skype version, but my clients can no longer see my screen when I share. They can only see a black screen. This didn't happen when I was using the older version of skype....
  3. GitHub for mobile app is now available for iOS and Android

in Windows 10 News
    GitHub for mobile app is now available for iOS and Android: At Universe, we announced GitHub for mobile as a fully-native GitHub experience on iOS and Android. Now, you can stay in touch with your team, triage issues, and even merge code, right from your mobile device, anywhere. Your response to the beta has been...
  4. New calendar updates in Outlook mobile for iOS and Android Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    New calendar updates in Outlook mobile for iOS and Android Mobile: Today, people are increasingly on the go, spending less time in front of big screens and finding small pockets of time to glance at their phones to stay on top of their day. Recently, we launched a number of calendar updates in Outlook for iOS and Android that will help you...
  5. Dark theme is coming to Gmail for Android and iOS Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Dark theme is coming to Gmail for Android and iOS Mobile: Quick launch summary Earlier this year, we launched the new Gmail on mobile to help you get things done quickly, such as viewing attachments or searching for a specific email. We’re further enhancing the Gmail experience on Android and iOS devices by introducing dark theme...
  6. New conversation experience for Yammer Mobile on iOS and Android

in Windows 10 News
    New conversation experience for Yammer Mobile on iOS and Android: Yammer mobile iOS and Android apps keep you connected from anywhere - driving employee engagement and participation across the entire company. Earlier this year, we announced a preview of upcoming changes to the mobile experience, and now, Yammer’s superpowers are getting...
  7. Announcing Actionable Messages in Outlook Mobile for iOS and Android

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Actionable Messages in Outlook Mobile for iOS and Android: Today, we are announcing the support of Actionable Messages in Outlook for iOS and Android to further help customers get things done quickly on the go. When you receive an email that has an option to take action, such as approving a timesheet, granting system access or...
  8. Skype Preview version 8.43.76.38 Introduces Screen Sharing on Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    Skype Preview version 8.43.76.38 Introduces Screen Sharing on Mobile: Skype Preview // Introducing Screen Sharing on mobile Available on Android and iOS Version: 8.43.76.38 Your device is no longer a limitation on getting more done with Skype. With the latest Insider build, you can now share your screen on your Android or iOS device during a...
  9. New Outlook mobile design for iOS and Android

in Windows 10 News
    New Outlook mobile design for iOS and Android: Today, we’re rolling out exciting updates to Outlook for iOS with recognizable avatars and optimized swipe and scroll usability that reflects the continuation of our design-driven journey and helps you connect, organize, and get things done. We’ve been meticulously tailoring...
  10. Skype - A more modern, mobile way to stay close

in Windows 10 News
    Skype - A more modern, mobile way to stay close: A few months ago we told you about our plans to modernize Skype with our next generation call infrastructure and improved call quality, available in the most recent releases of all major desktop and mobile platforms. We’re continuously looking for ways to improve and...