Windows 10: Screen Sharing shows black screen while video streaming

Discus and support Screen Sharing shows black screen while video streaming in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I screen share shows and movies from Hulu and other platforms daily with my boyfriend. Everything was fine before I downloaded the recent update on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KitKatSporadic, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Screen Sharing shows black screen while video streaming

I screen share shows and movies from Hulu and other platforms daily with my boyfriend. Everything was fine before I downloaded the recent update on 7-17-2020 and now we can not watch anything on those platforms. Everything plays fine on my end and I can screen share everything on my screen except for the video which is just a black image for him. He can screen share from his computer just fine since he has not downloaded the update but his computer is old and struggles to screen share which is why I did all of the streaming.

I have tried different screen share options, deleting and redownloading skype, triple checking that everything that may need updated is updated, and even tried to go back to the previous version of windows 10. Nothing has worked and I am not finding any possible fixes. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to get this to work again?

:)

KitKatSporadic, Jul 19, 2020

2. Screen goes black while playing videos

Original Title: Screen goes black.

Whenever I'm watching a movie or streaming something online, my screen goes black and then says the computer ran into a problem and has to restart. Its really annoying. It says something like video drn failure. Can someone help me?

JohnCandia, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Screen flashes black when viewing a YouTube video

Hi Cody,

We need to gather more information for us to better assist you on your screen concern. Kindly answer these questions:

• Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the flashing black screen issue?
    • Are you using a laptop or a desktop? If you're using a laptop, does your screen flashes black when using the built-in monitor? If you're using a desktop, do you experience the issue when using other monitors?
    • Does the issue only occur when you play YouTube videos?
    • Are you experiencing the flashing black screen issue while watching YouTube videos in full screen mode or while in window mode?
    • Do you experience the same concern when playing YouTube videos using other web browsers?

The issue may be occurring because of an incompatible application or the display driver is outdated. While we wait for the answers to our questions, kindly follow the steps found in this
    link. The article will provide you the steps that can usually resolve screen flickering issue in Windows

We await for your response.

Argel Obm, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Screen Sharing shows black screen while video streaming

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Screen Sharing shows black screen while video streaming

1. Screen Sharing shows black screen while video streaming - Similar Threads - Screen Sharing shows

2. Blue Screens while playing and streaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screens while playing and streaming: I use OBS and have been having some issues here and there. PC is overclocked Ram, GPU, & CPU and on hardline waterloop. Sometimes I can play for days and days at a time and no BSOD and then randomly Ill have a couple in a day. Now when I stream which it didn't use to do this...
  3. Blue Screens while playing and streaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screens while playing and streaming: I use OBS and have been having some issues here and there. PC is overclocked Ram, GPU, & CPU and on hardline waterloop. Sometimes I can play for days and days at a time and no BSOD and then randomly Ill have a couple in a day. Now when I stream which it didn't use to do this...
  4. Blue Screens while playing and streaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. The cutscenes in video shows only black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The cutscenes in video shows only black screen: Previously, I downloaded a game titled Hitman Contracts, which is a popular game created by IO Interactive. When I play, the movies turns into black screen. After that, the main menu doesn't show black screen, only when the video starts with a black screen. Does anyone have...
  6. The cutscenes in video shows only black screen

The cutscenes in video shows only black screen: Previously, I downloaded a game titled Hitman Contracts, which is a popular game created by IO Interactive. When I play, the movies turns into black screen. After that, the main menu doesn't show black screen, only when the video starts with a black screen. Does anyone have...
  7. Only showing black screen when streaming videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Only showing black screen when streaming videos: Hi Team, I have looged into https://web.microsoftstream.com/ from corporate credetails and inside corporate network. I am able to see videos avialble to play but when I am clicking them I am only getting black screen. I have tired with all available browsers(Chrome, IE,...
  8. Video editing show a black screen at some point

Video editing show a black screen at some point: Since the last windows update I got two days ago (which I think is the may update), when editing a video from various clips, after a while, the clips still play normally but only show a black screen. And the pictures I inserted between the clips show just fine. I can't export...
  9. Screen blacking out while watching videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen blacking out while watching videos: Hi . When watching videos on my laptop (hp envy x360) The screen continues to black out while the sound plays in the background. I am unsure whether it is a faulty driver or I need to update my laptop ? Hope you can help Thanks...
  10. Netflix video streaming to external screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Netflix video streaming to external screen: Hi all, via HDMI and my HD TV works just fine except things like Netflix in either IE, Edge or the Netflix app. Audio streams but the windows is black whilst everything else works fine. Windows 8 does not give me this problem. As soon as I move the window or Netflix app to...