Windows 10: screen shot no longer works

Discus and support screen shot no longer works in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Windows 10 'Screen Shot' no longer works. I looked in Paint but the screen shot was not there nor was it in the 'Screenshot' folder that all my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dairygary, Apr 5, 2020.

1. dairygary Win User

screen shot no longer works

My Windows 10 'Screen Shot' no longer works. I looked in Paint but the screen shot was not there nor was it in the 'Screenshot' folder that all my previous screenshots went to. Windows 10 is updated and has been restarted but nothing seems to help.

:)

dairygary, Apr 5, 2020

2. Screen Shot in Windows 10

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

To guide you in the right direction, I need more information from the computer by answering the following questions:

• What exactly are you referring to?
    • Are you facing any kind of issues with Windows?
    If you want to take a screen shot and save it as picture, I suggest you to check with the below steps.

To take a screen shot and save it as a picture

• Click the window you want to capture. Press Alt+Print Screen by holding down the Alt key and then pressing the Print Screen key. The Print Screen key is near the upper-right corner of your keyboard. (Depending on the type of keyboard you have, the exact
      key names on your keyboard may vary slightly.)
    Note: You can take a screen shot of your entire desktop rather than just a single window by pressing the Print Screen key without holding down the Alt key.

• Click Start, click Accessories, and then click
      Paint.

• In the Paint window, click Edit, and then click
      Paste.

• When the image appears in the Paint window, click File, and then click
      Save As.

• In the Save As dialog box, in the File name box, type a name for the screen shot, and then click
      Save.

Please do get back to us with the answers to assist you better with issue you are facing.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 5, 2020
  4. screen shot no longer works

Fastest way to screen-shot part of screen in Windows 10

I have Windows 10 Pro. I'm a science teacher and a frequent user of the in-built snipping tool in Windows 10 Pro. I often create screen-shots of small parts of my screen to make "how-to" documents for my students. The "current-window-screen-shot" feature includes too much information. I'm only interested in the tiny portions of GeoGebra-calculations.

Currently I do as follows:

1. Windows button + S
    2. Type snipping tool then press Enter. The application opens (or use your own custom hotkey-combination to open this app)
    3. Choose New then select portion of the screen
    4. Press Ctrl+C
    5. Open a Word document
    6. Press Ctrl+V

Since everything is done from the keyboard this procedure is pretty fast. But in OS-X it's only a 3-step procedure:

1. Cmd+Ctrl+Shift+4 then select portion of the screen
    2. Open Word document
    3. Cmd+V

Without buying a Mac (we only have PCs at work), what is the fastest possible way to take a screen shot of select a portion of the screen?

Eirik Mongstad, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

screen shot no longer works

1. screen shot no longer works - Similar Threads - screen shot longer

2. Screen shots not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen shots not working: I'm on Windows 11. I'm trying to do screen shots. by pressing Print screen & alt, then pasting it on Paint, and it just not working. Any ideas ? ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-shots-not-working/fd160b04-165e-4f03-aba2-248e6e5147df
  3. Screen shots not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen shots not working: I'm on Windows 11. I'm trying to do screen shots. by pressing Print screen & alt, then pasting it on Paint, and it just not working. Any ideas ? ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-shots-not-working/fd160b04-165e-4f03-aba2-248e6e5147df
  4. screen shots

screen shots: My windows 10 takes a screen shot every day at the same time 8 AM. I cannot find where it is saved or why this is happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-shots/dd1da34a-6c03-41ba-bb68-a927838c49c8
  5. screen shots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen shots: My windows 10 takes a screen shot every day at the same time 8 AM. I cannot find where it is saved or why this is happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-shots/dd1da34a-6c03-41ba-bb68-a927838c49c8
  6. screen shot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen shot: After following some directions to speed up my PC, I cannot take a screenshot. At first, I could no longer see photos--only icons, but I found a way to get the photos back. I don't know how to get back to the point where I can take a screen shot....
  7. screen shot

screen shot: After following some directions to speed up my PC, I cannot take a screenshot. At first, I could no longer see photos--only icons, but I found a way to get the photos back. I don't know how to get back to the point where I can take a screen shot....
  8. My Snipping Tool is no longer saving screen shots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Snipping Tool is no longer saving screen shots: Split from this thread.My snip it tool is no longer saving screenshots. Assistance via 1-800-642-7676 is no longer an option. I've spent countless hours on hold over the course of several weeks using chat support. None of your support representatives can provide me with a...
  9. win + print screen keys are no longer working to take a screen shot

win + print screen keys are no longer working to take a screen shot: I did a complete disk cleanup yesterday, took all dang day, and now my screenshot short cut doesn't work. In Windows 10 when pressing the Windows logo key and the print screen key, it no longer dims and saves my screenshot. This is all after doing a complete disk cleanup....
  10. screen shot wont work

screen shot wont work: I try to take a screenshot of videos on computer no screenshots wont work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-shot-wont-work/c1459a11-f5e5-433b-a408-cf1e5481b76a