Windows 10: screen shot

Discus and support screen shot in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After following some directions to speed up my PC, I cannot take a screenshot. At first, I could no longer see photos--only icons, but I found a way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JudyB5014, Jan 21, 2022.

1. JudyB5014 Win User

screen shot

After following some directions to speed up my PC, I cannot take a screenshot. At first, I could no longer see photos--only icons, but I found a way to get the photos back. I don't know how to get back to the point where I can take a screen shot.

:)

JudyB5014, Jan 21, 2022

2. Screen Shot in Windows 10

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

To guide you in the right direction, I need more information from the computer by answering the following questions:

• What exactly are you referring to?
    • Are you facing any kind of issues with Windows?
    If you want to take a screen shot and save it as picture, I suggest you to check with the below steps.

To take a screen shot and save it as a picture

• Click the window you want to capture. Press Alt+Print Screen by holding down the Alt key and then pressing the Print Screen key. The Print Screen key is near the upper-right corner of your keyboard. (Depending on the type of keyboard you have, the exact
      key names on your keyboard may vary slightly.)
    Note: You can take a screen shot of your entire desktop rather than just a single window by pressing the Print Screen key without holding down the Alt key.

• Click Start, click Accessories, and then click
      Paint.

• In the Paint window, click Edit, and then click
      Paste.

• When the image appears in the Paint window, click File, and then click
      Save As.

• In the Save As dialog box, in the File name box, type a name for the screen shot, and then click
      Save.

Please do get back to us with the answers to assist you better with issue you are facing.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 21, 2022
  3. Printing a screen shot

How to print screen shot; just want a listing of all files in a folder.

ThomasWylie, Jan 21, 2022
  4. screen shot

Fastest way to screen-shot part of screen in Windows 10

I have Windows 10 Pro. I'm a science teacher and a frequent user of the in-built snipping tool in Windows 10 Pro. I often create screen-shots of small parts of my screen to make "how-to" documents for my students. The "current-window-screen-shot" feature includes too much information. I'm only interested in the tiny portions of GeoGebra-calculations.

Currently I do as follows:

1. Windows button + S
    2. Type snipping tool then press Enter. The application opens (or use your own custom hotkey-combination to open this app)
    3. Choose New then select portion of the screen
    4. Press Ctrl+C
    5. Open a Word document
    6. Press Ctrl+V

Since everything is done from the keyboard this procedure is pretty fast. But in OS-X it's only a 3-step procedure:

1. Cmd+Ctrl+Shift+4 then select portion of the screen
    2. Open Word document
    3. Cmd+V

Without buying a Mac (we only have PCs at work), what is the fastest possible way to take a screen shot of select a portion of the screen?

Eirik Mongstad, Jan 21, 2022
Thema:

screen shot

1. screen shot - Similar Threads - screen shot

2. Can a screen shot be titled rather than filed by "screen shot #.png"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a screen shot be titled rather than filed by "screen shot #.png": When I take screenshots windows and prt sc I would like to at least have the date of screen shot, preferably be able to title/save as by name. When I look in the screen shot folder I see the screen shot number, which don't seem to have the latest shot at the end of the list....
  3. Can a screen shot be titled rather than filed by "screen shot #.png"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can a screen shot be titled rather than filed by "screen shot #.png": When I take screenshots windows and prt sc I would like to at least have the date of screen shot, preferably be able to title/save as by name. When I look in the screen shot folder I see the screen shot number, which don't seem to have the latest shot at the end of the list....
  4. Screen Shot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Shot: I have a new laptop with windows 11, I can't use the print screen option, the screen goes grey as if its going to do a screen shot, a little box opens up with icons that say Rectangular mode, freeform mode, windows mode and full screen mode. I can't do a screen print. I...
  5. Screen Shot

Screen Shot: I have a new laptop with windows 11, I can't use the print screen option, the screen goes grey as if its going to do a screen shot, a little box opens up with icons that say Rectangular mode, freeform mode, windows mode and full screen mode. I can't do a screen print. I...
  6. I cannot attach a screen shot on teams anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot attach a screen shot on teams anymore: Hi there Can you please kindly assist with the above. I sent a screenshot to a team member this morning and it worked fine and now suddenly it is no longer working....
  7. I cannot attach a screen shot on teams anymore

I cannot attach a screen shot on teams anymore: Hi there Can you please kindly assist with the above. I sent a screenshot to a team member this morning and it worked fine and now suddenly it is no longer working....
  8. How to cancel screen shot png file saving on computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to cancel screen shot png file saving on computer: HelloEverytime I take a screen shot with printscreen key, it saves a png picture on the C:\Users........Pictures\Screenshots. I delete the file and it open a new one when I take a new screen shot. How can I cancel saving this on computer? I don't want to save. Thanks....
  9. How to cancel screen shot png file saving on computer

How to cancel screen shot png file saving on computer: HelloEverytime I take a screen shot with printscreen key, it saves a png picture on the C:\Users........Pictures\Screenshots. I delete the file and it open a new one when I take a new screen shot. How can I cancel saving this on computer? I don't want to save. Thanks....
  10. How can I EDIT typed text to screen shots taken in Snipping Tool or Snip n Sketch?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I EDIT typed text to screen shots taken in Snipping Tool or Snip n Sketch?: When you go to "Edit in Paint"Add a text or box of text to a clipping. How to edit the text box before the clipping is saved.Each time I try to click on the text box to edit. The application opens up a new text box to add new text when I try to go back and reopen the text...