Windows 10: screen shots not working after recent windows update

Discus and support screen shots not working after recent windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After Windows 10 update recently, screen shots not working. Why? How to take pictures of screen?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PaulJones503, Sep 19, 2019.

1. screen shots not working after recent windows update

After Windows 10 update recently, screen shots not working. Why? How to take pictures of screen?

:)

PaulJones503, Sep 19, 2019

2. Screen Shot in Windows 10

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

To guide you in the right direction, I need more information from the computer by answering the following questions:

• What exactly are you referring to?
    • Are you facing any kind of issues with Windows?
    If you want to take a screen shot and save it as picture, I suggest you to check with the below steps.

To take a screen shot and save it as a picture

• Click the window you want to capture. Press Alt+Print Screen by holding down the Alt key and then pressing the Print Screen key. The Print Screen key is near the upper-right corner of your keyboard. (Depending on the type of keyboard you have, the exact
      key names on your keyboard may vary slightly.)
    Note: You can take a screen shot of your entire desktop rather than just a single window by pressing the Print Screen key without holding down the Alt key.

• Click Start, click Accessories, and then click
      Paint.

• In the Paint window, click Edit, and then click
      Paste.

• When the image appears in the Paint window, click File, and then click
      Save As.

• In the Save As dialog box, in the File name box, type a name for the screen shot, and then click
      Save.

Please do get back to us with the answers to assist you better with issue you are facing.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 19, 2019
  3. Screen Shot Resolution

Hi AndrewV20,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

We would need few more information.

• How do you project both the screen, was it Duplicated or Extended?
    • Which application are you using to take the screenshot?

Please try the below suggested steps and let us know if it helps.

Update the display driver:

You may follow the steps in the below mentioned link to update display driver.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028443/windows-10-update-drivers

Hope it helps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 19, 2019
  4. screen shots not working after recent windows update

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

screen shots not working after recent windows update

1. screen shots not working after recent windows update - Similar Threads - screen shots working

2. Screen shots not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen shots not working: I'm on Windows 11. I'm trying to do screen shots. by pressing Print screen & alt, then pasting it on Paint, and it just not working. Any ideas ? ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-shots-not-working/fd160b04-165e-4f03-aba2-248e6e5147df
  3. Screen shots not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen shots not working: I'm on Windows 11. I'm trying to do screen shots. by pressing Print screen & alt, then pasting it on Paint, and it just not working. Any ideas ? ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-shots-not-working/fd160b04-165e-4f03-aba2-248e6e5147df
  4. screen shots

screen shots: My windows 10 takes a screen shot every day at the same time 8 AM. I cannot find where it is saved or why this is happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-shots/dd1da34a-6c03-41ba-bb68-a927838c49c8
  5. screen shots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen shots: My windows 10 takes a screen shot every day at the same time 8 AM. I cannot find where it is saved or why this is happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-shots/dd1da34a-6c03-41ba-bb68-a927838c49c8
  6. screen shot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen shot: After following some directions to speed up my PC, I cannot take a screenshot. At first, I could no longer see photos--only icons, but I found a way to get the photos back. I don't know how to get back to the point where I can take a screen shot....
  7. screen shot

screen shot: After following some directions to speed up my PC, I cannot take a screenshot. At first, I could no longer see photos--only icons, but I found a way to get the photos back. I don't know how to get back to the point where I can take a screen shot....
  8. Screen shot to window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen shot to window: On my samsung phone I can take a screen shoot to a pop up window. Is it possible to do this in windows 10 without the hassle of creating a new file or open in paint? submitted by /u/Docmarx [link] [comments]...
  9. screen shot no longer works

screen shot no longer works: My Windows 10 'Screen Shot' no longer works. I looked in Paint but the screen shot was not there nor was it in the 'Screenshot' folder that all my previous screenshots went to. Windows 10 is updated and has been restarted but nothing seems to help....
  10. screen shot wont work

screen shot wont work: I try to take a screenshot of videos on computer no screenshots wont work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-shot-wont-work/c1459a11-f5e5-433b-a408-cf1e5481b76a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen shots not working in windows