Windows 10: Screen shows mouse pointer trails, but it's turned off? Need your help please

Discus and support Screen shows mouse pointer trails, but it's turned off? Need your help please in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sir_Bohne [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sir_Bohne, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Screen shows mouse pointer trails, but it's turned off? Need your help please

/u/Sir_Bohne, Dec 26, 2020

2. The combination of DX11, Mouse Pointer Trails and Fullscreen Games means no mouse cursor.

Hi,

For Mouse Pointer Trails, refer the steps below.

Step 1: Click the bottom-left Start button on the desktop, enter
    mouse in the blank box and tap Mouse in the search results to open Mouse Properties.

Step 2: Choose Pointer Options, select
    Display pointer trails
    and hit OK.

Tip: To specify the length of pointer trails, you can move the
    small scale in Visibility to left or right.

Also for the mouse issue, I suggest you to download the latest drivers for mouse from the manufacturer's website and check. Install the drivers in compatible mode and check as well.

I suggest you to run the game in Direct X12 as this is the latest in Windows 10. Check if the issue persist.

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Dec 26, 2020
  3. GUYS, MOUSE POINTER/CURSOR NOT SHOWING UP IN FULL SCREEN GAMES, TRIED UNCHECKING POINTER TRAILS AND ENHANCE POINTER PRECISION NONE WORK!!

As the subject suggests, I have problems with all kinds of full screen games... my cursor/pointer won't show up even when I already followed the solutions such as unchecking pointer trails or the uncheck enhance mouse pointer precision thing. STILL NO cursor/pointer
    showing up. BUT when I play DOTA 2 and League of Legends, THE POINTER SHOWS UP AND I PLAY THESE 2 IN FULLSCREEN TOO. Tried reinstalling the other games cause I thought it's installation problem thingy, not solved, tried restoring my pc to FACTORY SETTING and
    it's still NOT SOLVED!!!! IS THIS A POSSIBLE BUG FROM WINDOWS 10? PLS HELP ME!!

WilliamGunawan, Dec 26, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Screen shows mouse pointer trails, but it's turned off? Need your help please

Brink, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

Screen shows mouse pointer trails, but it's turned off? Need your help please

1. Screen shows mouse pointer trails, but it's turned off? Need your help please - Similar Threads - Screen shows mouse

2. i need to turn off sign off lockdown so please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need to turn off sign off lockdown so please help: ......................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  3. i need to turn off sign off lockdown so please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need to turn off sign off lockdown so please help: ......................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  4. i need to turn off sign off lockdown so please help

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Quick Assist Trailing Mouse Pointer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Assist Trailing Mouse Pointer: Hello, I have a couple of queries regarding Quick Assist. 1. There is a trailing mouse pointer on my screen which is annoying. I know this is because host pointer and my pointer are moving in tandem. Is there anyway I shouldn't see host's mouse pointer during remote...
  6. Mouse pointer not showing but but working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer not showing but but working: While I usually sit on my laptop and it works fine, today I decided to play a game on my PC's I don't use bigger screen, using an HDMI cable. The monitor is a bit outdated but works fine. The game I am referring to is mouseaccuracy.com. The refresh rate of the monitor is 144,...
  7. Turning off Mouse Keys turns off my mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning off Mouse Keys turns off my mouse pointer: So every now and then Mouse Keys gets turned on. I'm not sure how, maybe some keyboard shortcut gets accidentally pressed to turn it on while I'm cleaning it? Anyways, I went to turn it off and when I do, it disables my mouse pointer. How do I fix this? I can't use my...
  8. How to enable Mouse Pointer Trails in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable Mouse Pointer Trails in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 offers lots of customization options. For example, you can configure different settings for your mouse like, changing the color of the pointer or enabling mouse pointer trails. We have already seen how to change the color of the [...] This post...
  9. Mouse Pointer Not Showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Pointer Not Showing: I have a touch screen laptop. After I touch the screen, my mouse pointer won't work on that screen any longer. I want to be able to use both the touch screen and the mouse. How can I do that?...
  10. Turn On or Off Display Pointer Trails in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Display Pointer Trails in Windows: How to: Turn On or Off Display Pointer Trails in Windows [img] Information To help improve the visibility of the pointer in Windows, you can enable to display pointer trails. This will show an adjustable trail behind the pointer whenever you move it. This tutorial will...