Windows 10: Screen Shut Off Problem With New Monitor ?

Discus and support Screen Shut Off Problem With New Monitor ? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi Folks, In my 80's now, so please bear with me a bit. Have a new LG 27" 4K Monitor, but pretty sure that this is a W10 issue. (but maybe not ?) I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Robert11, May 4, 2021.

1. Robert11 Win User

Screen Shut Off Problem With New Monitor ?

Hi Folks, In my 80's now, so please bear with me a bit. Have a new LG 27" 4K Monitor, but pretty sure that this is a W10 issue. (but maybe not ?) I want the screen to shut off after 5 minutes. So, I have it set to that. But, it always comes back on by itself. Absolutely no vibration or jiggling of the keyboard, etc. that might account for it. Also get a msg related the it is going to the Power Saving/Setting when it does. And this on-off cycle seems to repeat every 5 minutes. Can't imagine anything I've done incorrectly, or what might be wrong. Similar problem if I use in conjunction with the Sleep Mode, or just the Sleep Mode. Anyone know anything about this kind of "problem" ? Sure is annoying. It seems that the Screen Shut Off, and Also the Sleep modes, and the Power profiles don't work the way they should. But maybe it's just me. Might someone who really understands these modes walk me thru Exactly what each is supposed to do, and any interactions between any of the three of them. Would be most appreciative. Thanks, Bob

:)

Robert11, May 4, 2021

2. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, May 4, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 4, 2021
  4. Robert11 Win User

Hi Folks,
    In my 80's now, so please bear with me a bit.

Have a new LG 27" 4K Monitor, but pretty sure that this is a W10 issue. (but maybe not ?)

I want the screen to shut off after 5 minutes.
    So, I have it set to that.

But, it always comes back on by itself.

Absolutely no vibration or jiggling of the keyboard, etc. that might account for it.

Also get a msg related the it is going to the Power Saving/Setting when it does.

And this on-off cycle seems to repeat every 5 minutes.
    Can't imagine anything I've done incorrectly, or what might be wrong.

Similar problem if I use in conjunction with the Sleep Mode, or just the Sleep Mode.

Anyone know anything about this kind of "problem" ? Sure is annoying.

It seems that the Screen Shut Off, and Also the Sleep modes, and the Power profiles
    don't work the way they should. But maybe it's just me.

Might someone who really understands these modes walk me thru Exactly what each is supposed to do, and any
    interactions between any of the three of them.

Would be most appreciative.

Thanks,
    Bob

Robert11, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Screen Shut Off Problem With New Monitor ? - Similar Threads - Screen Shut Off

2. Game Crashes And Monitors shut off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game Crashes And Monitors shut off: Hello and I have recently started running into a problem like 2 days ago where whenever i open up a game the monitors shut off and the game crashes this happens with all games I checked the Event Viewer and found two errors.#1, "The GameDVR and Broadcast User Service_eeab31f...
  3. Game Crashes And Monitors shut off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Crashes And Monitors shut off: Hello and I have recently started running into a problem like 2 days ago where whenever i open up a game the monitors shut off and the game crashes this happens with all games I checked the Event Viewer and found two errors.#1, "The GameDVR and Broadcast User Service_eeab31f...
  4. Game Crashes And Monitors shut off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Screen shuts off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen shuts off: Hello, I have an hp pavillion dy0001nxI just bought it yesterday and when im using tablet mode and using pen the screen suddenly turned off even it was 100%. And when it didnt the urn on normally by pressing the button. I had to plug it in and then when it turned on it had 2%...
  6. Monitor And Screen Shut Off ?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor And Screen Shut Off ?: Hello, Have a new LG Monitor, but pretty sure that this is a W10 issue. (but maybe not ?) I want the screen to shut off after 5 minutes. So, I have it set to that. But, it always comes back on by itself. Absolutely no vibration or jiggling of the keyboard, etc. that might...
  7. Remotely Shut Monitor Off?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remotely Shut Monitor Off?: I access my Home-PC from work using my laptop. Though I let my nephews use it to play games while I'm gone. I would like to try and figure out how I can remotely access my PC and "disconnect" the monitor of sorts while I use it so that the kids do not interfere with it while...
  8. Second monitor not shutting off with shut down.

Second monitor not shutting off with shut down.: Hello, First monitor : Asus PG27AQ via DisplayPort Second monitor : BenQ V2400W via HDMI Video card : Asus NVidia GTX 1080 OS : Windows 10 Pro 64 On Power down, the first monitor (ASUS) will shut off, but the second (BenQ) will not. Thank you for your assistance....
  9. monitor shuts off

monitor shuts off: I have a posting in network section, but not sure if that is the right spot. I am posting a question about my son's self built desktop he has had for years. He just had a new mother board and hard drive installed. The company that installed them insisted he put windows 10 on...
  10. Maximized Applications - Monitor Shuts Off

in Windows 10 Support
    Maximized Applications - Monitor Shuts Off: I started having this issue about two weeks ago. Their have been a slew of updates from Windows 10 and from my GPU. When an application is Maximized, it causes my monitor to sometimes go to sleep. It is not 100% of the time, it is about 70-80% of the time. Chrome causes it...