Windows 10: screen shuts off in seconds requiring pin

Discus and support screen shuts off in seconds requiring pin in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Every time I turn around, my screen goes black and I have to enter my pin number to continue work. My power settings: Thank you!!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Diane Hugo, Dec 21, 2018.

1. screen shuts off in seconds requiring pin

Every time I turn around, my screen goes black and I have to enter my pin number to continue work.

My power settings:

Thank you!!

:)

Diane Hugo, Dec 21, 2018

2. PIN is now being required to logon

Hi Kevin,

If you're having trouble using your PIN to sign into Windows, you can try resetting your PIN. Kindly check this
    link regarding PIN sign-in issues.

If that doesn't work. We suggest resetting your PC.

Warning: Following these steps will remove all of your data, programs, and settings

• Start your PC and select the Power icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the lock screen.

• While holding down the Shift key, select Restart.

• On the Boot options menu, select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove everything.

• Your PC will restart and will reset itself.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Dec 21, 2018
  3. Wireless Xbox One controller requires PIN for Windows 10.

Hi,

You will be asked for a PIN when connecting your wireless Xbox One controller via Bluetooth on Windows 10 if your Bluetooth drivers are not updated. It is also possible that you have to reset the controller to remove the PIN. To resolve your concern, restart
    your controller by following the steps below:

• Power off the controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button on the controller for 6 seconds.
    • Press the Xbox button again to power it back on.
    • Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller to your PC using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.

You can also update your Bluetooth drivers by following the steps on this
    link

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Dec 21, 2018
  4. screen shuts off in seconds requiring pin

Bitlocker Blank blue screen at PIN screen

Our organization requires Laptops to be Encrypted with a PIN #. One of our Laptops is giving me trouble. I have Bitlocker turned on and fully encrypted and have require Startup PIN with TPM in the Require additional authentication at startup in GPEDIT. I also have the Enable use of Bitlocker Authentication Requiring preboot Keyboard input on Slates enabled. When turning on the Laptop Bitlocker comes up with the light blue screen where you enter the PIN but the screen is blank. It doesn't say Bitlocker or have a box to enter the PIN #. Now I can just type the pin # and press enter and it works and loads windows as normal. I obviously can't give this Laptop to a user like this.

Anybody have any suggestions as to a resolution to this issue.
    Thank You.

drew22to375, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

screen shuts off in seconds requiring pin

1. screen shuts off in seconds requiring pin - Similar Threads - screen shuts off

2. PC Shutting Off/Requires Restart Randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Shutting Off/Requires Restart Randomly: This is a problem I've had for a while now. My PC often shuts down/requires a restart randomly for some reason. Most of the time, this happens when I'm watching video or playing games almost always 2D games, not resource-heavy 3D ones. I tried diagnosing this problem with a...
  3. PC Shutting Off/Requires Restart Randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Shutting Off/Requires Restart Randomly: This is a problem I've had for a while now. My PC often shuts down/requires a restart randomly for some reason. Most of the time, this happens when I'm watching video or playing games almost always 2D games, not resource-heavy 3D ones. I tried diagnosing this problem with a...
  4. Computer screen shuts off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer screen shuts off.: Every single time I play Minecraft my computer screen will go dark after about 30 minutes of me playing and there's no way to get it back on again. I have to shut down my computer entirely and boot it back up and it comes back on completely fine most of the time. When playing...
  5. Computer screen shuts off.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer screen shuts off.: Every single time I play Minecraft my computer screen will go dark after about 30 minutes of me playing and there's no way to get it back on again. I have to shut down my computer entirely and boot it back up and it comes back on completely fine most of the time. When playing...
  6. Screen shuts off

Screen shuts off: Hello, I have an hp pavillion dy0001nxI just bought it yesterday and when im using tablet mode and using pen the screen suddenly turned off even it was 100%. And when it didnt the urn on normally by pressing the button. I had to plug it in and then when it turned on it had 2%...
  7. Monitor And Screen Shut Off ?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor And Screen Shut Off ?: Hello, Have a new LG Monitor, but pretty sure that this is a W10 issue. (but maybe not ?) I want the screen to shut off after 5 minutes. So, I have it set to that. But, it always comes back on by itself. Absolutely no vibration or jiggling of the keyboard, etc. that might...
  8. Blue Screen then shuts off

Blue Screen then shuts off: So when I turn on my home PC I get the blue screen with the stop code 0xc0000135 it then shuts off after reaching 100%. Then when I go to the automatic repair and try to uninstall the recent update and it asks for my account password and then proceeds to tell me it's...
  9. Blue Screen then shut off

Blue Screen then shut off: So when I turn on my home PC I get the blue screen with the stop code 0xc0000135 it then shuts off after reaching 100%. Then when I go to the automatic repair and try to uninstall the recent update and it asks for my account password and then proceeds to tell me it's...
  10. Second monitor not shutting off with shut down.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor not shutting off with shut down.: Hello, First monitor : Asus PG27AQ via DisplayPort Second monitor : BenQ V2400W via HDMI Video card : Asus NVidia GTX 1080 OS : Windows 10 Pro 64 On Power down, the first monitor (ASUS) will shut off, but the second (BenQ) will not. Thank you for your assistance....