Windows 10: Screen Size After Sleep

Discus and support Screen Size After Sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When my computer goes to sleep and then I wake it up, the screen size is bigger than the monitor. So, I can't see my taskbar at the bottom, some of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JackGoode II, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Screen Size After Sleep

When my computer goes to sleep and then I wake it up, the screen size is bigger than the monitor. So, I can't see my taskbar at the bottom, some of the icons are off the screen, and my start menu is barely on the screen. I can't just simply hit ESC. I have to Restart the computer, sign in, and then everything is okay.

How do I change the display settings for this?

:)

JackGoode II, Jun 11, 2019
  2. TIGR Win User

Poll: Desktop Screen Size

This goes along with my Desktop Screen Res poll. A lot of people have been posting their monitor size in addition to voting in the poll, but I wanted to make an actual poll to put the screen size votes in a more easily readable format.

This is for desktop systems, not laptops. I've tried to include all screen sizes that people are likely to have; if yours is not listed, round up. If you have multiple, different-sized screens, check all that apply. I've also listed projectors as an option.

I didn't list individual sizes over 32" as these are typically not intended as PC monitors; just select "Larger."

3. Screen size does not fix.

Since the new upgrades the screen size is too big for my 7 YR old Toshiba Laptop, which I use constantly. I Can not access the x or the scroll bar. The character's are Hugh, stretched and distorted. I have followed every single step listed in troubleshooting
    and even paid two computer techs to fix it. NOTHING WORKS! There used to be a simple one step adjustment: Settings: Display: Screen Size. Neither, Resetting, troubleshooting app, driver updates, changing to another resolution (which btw is suggested as a
    fix but non existant) nothing works. I am at wits end. The last guy I paid to fix it suggested I just buy anew unit? I can't afford that. Please please address this issue asap. Thank you

Arose Krashmam, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Screen Size After Sleep

Screen Sleep

Hi Al,

You can disable screen sleep by configuring the Power Settings. To configure the Power Settings, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • Select Power & Sleep.
    • Under Sleep, select Never from the drop-down menu.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

Screen Size After Sleep

1. Screen Size After Sleep - Similar Threads - Screen Size Sleep

2. Blue screen after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen after sleep: Hey there! Now and then my PC crashes with a blue screen. Not the regular blue screen with just a sad face and the blue background but multiple sad faces and weird colors along with the blue background. I have tried finding someone with a similar problem but i cant find any....
  3. Login screens after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login screens after sleep: When my PC emerges from sleep mode, I am confronted first with a Microsoft Spotlight screen, followed by a login screen. The latter is just a button labeled "Login". I would like to bypass these screens and go straight to my home desktop screen. I've tried the Lockscreen...
  4. Login screens after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login screens after sleep: When my PC emerges from sleep mode, I am confronted first with a Microsoft Spotlight screen, followed by a login screen. The latter is just a button labeled "Login". I would like to bypass these screens and go straight to my home desktop screen. I've tried the Lockscreen...
  5. Login screens after sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Black screen after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after sleep: Hi, I have Windows 10 in a Samsung Book E30. Sometimes, with no clear pattern, after I put the system to "sleep" or close the notebook and then try to use it again, the screen wont turn on. I know that the notebook is on by the small blue light and the noise of the fan...
  7. Black screen after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after sleep: Hi, I have Windows 10 in a Samsung Book E30. Sometimes, with no clear pattern, after I put the system to "sleep" or close the notebook and then try to use it again, the screen wont turn on. I know that the notebook is on by the small blue light and the noise of the fan...
  8. Screen Not Turning On After Sleep

Screen Not Turning On After Sleep: I have a problem where sometimes my computer will not wake up after it goes to sleep. It's very frustrating because no matter what buttons I press, the only option is to do a hard shutdown and power it up again, which closes all the work I was doing. Sometimes it wakes up as...
  9. Windows changes window size after sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows changes window size after sleep: This is not an issue of any urgency. I just don't know the answer and wonder if anyone else might. My computer is new, a couple of weeks old. When I come back to the computer after it's been sleeping, all the open windows have shrunk to a smaller size, and I don't know why....
  10. blank screen after sleep

blank screen after sleep: After waking the computer from sleep it comes a black screen and the computer seems to be working but i am not able to see anything on it. After few moments it automatically restarts. It also happens when i hibernate the laptop. laptop: Acer predator 15 g9 593 71 EH OS:...