Windows 10: screen size and space is wrong

Discus and support screen size and space is wrong in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i lost connection to my modem . now my start up screen isnt the right size, shape etc for the screen. if i try to alter size with double arrows it goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JamesRosbottom1, Feb 27, 2021.

1. screen size and space is wrong

i lost connection to my modem . now my start up screen isnt the right size, shape etc for the screen. if i try to alter size with double arrows it goes back to bad fit. please help

:)

JamesRosbottom1, Feb 27, 2021
  2. TIGR Win User

Poll: Desktop Screen Size

This goes along with my Desktop Screen Res poll. A lot of people have been posting their monitor size in addition to voting in the poll, but I wanted to make an actual poll to put the screen size votes in a more easily readable format.

This is for desktop systems, not laptops. I've tried to include all screen sizes that people are likely to have; if yours is not listed, round up. If you have multiple, different-sized screens, check all that apply. I've also listed projectors as an option.

I didn't list individual sizes over 32" as these are typically not intended as PC monitors; just select "Larger."

3. Screen size does not fix.

Since the new upgrades the screen size is too big for my 7 YR old Toshiba Laptop, which I use constantly. I Can not access the x or the scroll bar. The character's are Hugh, stretched and distorted. I have followed every single step listed in troubleshooting
    and even paid two computer techs to fix it. NOTHING WORKS! There used to be a simple one step adjustment: Settings: Display: Screen Size. Neither, Resetting, troubleshooting app, driver updates, changing to another resolution (which btw is suggested as a
    fix but non existant) nothing works. I am at wits end. The last guy I paid to fix it suggested I just buy anew unit? I can't afford that. Please please address this issue asap. Thank you

Arose Krashmam, Feb 27, 2021
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

screen size and space is wrong

Font and Icon size

Hi Vickie,

It's possible that some settings were accidentally changed, affecting your icons and font size. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps to change the icon size:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Choose Medium icons or Small icons, whichever you prefer more.

Additionally, you can change the display size of texts and other items by following these steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the slider over to 100%.
    • If the slider is already on 100%, click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, choose the Recommended option from the drop-down choices.

We'll wait for your response to our questions and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

screen size and space is wrong

1. screen size and space is wrong - Similar Threads - screen size space

2. WindowsApps Folder contains files with wrong size information leading to wrong free space...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WindowsApps Folder contains files with wrong size information leading to wrong free space...: I have exactly the same issue as reported on this posthttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-save-disk-space-from-windowsapps-folder/9b1ff96c-eacb-4efa-a891-759e4fbc4b93All files contained into WindowsApps folder have 0 kb as size but using SpaceMonger,...
  3. WindowsApps Folder contains files with wrong size information leading to wrong free space...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WindowsApps Folder contains files with wrong size information leading to wrong free space...: I have exactly the same issue as reported on this posthttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-save-disk-space-from-windowsapps-folder/9b1ff96c-eacb-4efa-a891-759e4fbc4b93All files contained into WindowsApps folder have 0 kb as size but using SpaceMonger,...
  4. WindowsApps Folder contains files with wrong size information leading to wrong free space...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Wrong screen size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong screen size: Hello! I have a laptop with wrong screen size. I updated display and video drivers. I have correct settings for screen resolution and text size, but I have an image is bigger than screen taskbar doesn't show because it is bottom. Any ideas? Thank you!...
  6. Wrong screen size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong screen size: Hello! I have a laptop with wrong screen size. I updated display and video drivers. I have correct settings for screen resolution and text size, but I have an image is bigger than screen taskbar doesn't show because it is bottom. Any ideas? Thank you!...
  7. What's the difference between Size and Size on Disk? Disk Partition showing wrong space...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What's the difference between Size and Size on Disk? Disk Partition showing wrong space...: [This question has been answered. Thanks to Carlo. Please Answer 1 more question that is below]My E drive Not a system drive is showing 4.61GB size. But, it's showing 4.62GB size on disk. What's the difference between these? Actually in another drive the difference is 3GB...
  8. Wrong size of Wallpapers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wrong size of Wallpapers: I have a problem with the size of my wallpapers and how they are displayed on the screen. In the link down below is an image where you can see what the problem is. I think it may be because of the resolution of the selected image for the wallpaper since a few full hd pics get...
  9. Wrong sizes of updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wrong sizes of updates: Hello. When I look for available updates using powershell script, it returns wrong sizes for certain updates. See the first item from a list on the screenshot. Window update agent (wua) returns size ~61Gb for update KB4483235 (d53bec60-84cf-4d58-8046-02f17c45e5b4) [ATTACH]...
  10. Wrong size of updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong size of updates: Hello. When I look for available updates using powershell script, it returns wrong sizes for certain updates. See the first item from list on the screenshot (KB4483235 or d53bec60-84cf-4d58-8046-02f17c45e5b4 ). ~61Gb [ATTACH] The same issue I've had on other computers for...