Windows 10: screen size too big, doesn't fit all the aps

Discus and support screen size too big, doesn't fit all the aps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Have to reduce screen size everything too big.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Joseph L.Grady, Feb 4, 2019.

1. screen size too big, doesn't fit all the aps

Have to reduce screen size everything too big.

:)

Joseph L.Grady, Feb 4, 2019

2. Screen size does not fix.

Since the new upgrades the screen size is too big for my 7 YR old Toshiba Laptop, which I use constantly. I Can not access the x or the scroll bar. The character's are Hugh, stretched and distorted. I have followed every single step listed in troubleshooting
    and even paid two computer techs to fix it. NOTHING WORKS! There used to be a simple one step adjustment: Settings: Display: Screen Size. Neither, Resetting, troubleshooting app, driver updates, changing to another resolution (which btw is suggested as a
    fix but non existant) nothing works. I am at wits end. The last guy I paid to fix it suggested I just buy anew unit? I can't afford that. Please please address this issue asap. Thank you

Arose Krashmam, Feb 4, 2019
  3. TIGR Win User
    Poll: Desktop Screen Size

This goes along with my Desktop Screen Res poll. A lot of people have been posting their monitor size in addition to voting in the poll, but I wanted to make an actual poll to put the screen size votes in a more easily readable format.

This is for desktop systems, not laptops. I've tried to include all screen sizes that people are likely to have; if yours is not listed, round up. If you have multiple, different-sized screens, check all that apply. I've also listed projectors as an option.

I didn't list individual sizes over 32" as these are typically not intended as PC monitors; just select "Larger."

TIGR, Feb 4, 2019
  4. screen size too big, doesn't fit all the aps

How to make pic fit the lock screen?

Hi Paul,

In order to see your lockscreen wallpapers in full view, the image itself must match with the aspect ratio of your monitor. If the image resolution exceeded the dimension size of your monitor, it would unlikely fit on your monitor screen. You need to edit
    and resize your image until if fits on your screen. To do this, follow the steps below:

Step 1 - Reduce the image size by following these steps:

• Locate the image that you want to set as your lock screen wallpaper.
    • Right-click the image, then click Edit. I will launch
      Paint
    • Click Home.
    • Click Resize. Make sure that Maintain aspect ratio is checked.
    • Reduced the percentage size by changing the Horizontal and Vertical until you determine that it will fit on your lock screen.

screen size too big, doesn't fit all the aps 9333d37e-25d4-43e3-a62c-969b51a7fb8e.png

Step 2 - Edit the image to fit in your lockscreen by perform the steps below:

• Press Windows + S to open Search Box.
    • Type Photos, then click it to launch this application.
    • Locate the image that you want to edit.
    • Click the image.
    • Press Ctrl + E to start editing.
    • Click Crop.
    • On the top right, click the Aspect ratio menu.
    • Click Lockscreen.
    • Click the check sign to apply changes.
    • Press Ctrl + S to save the image.

There is no shrink or expand image option available in Lockscreen settings since Windows 10 can already automatically resize the image to fit on your screen.

Let us know if the resolution above works for you.

Johann Eva, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

screen size too big, doesn't fit all the aps

1. screen size too big, doesn't fit all the aps - Similar Threads - screen size too

2. Games size too big

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games size too big: So I wanted to download a game and for eg lets take the game "hollow knight" for now. So I searched up its size on steam and it said that its 3.5 gb something and when i went to xbox app the download size is 7gb can someone explain why?...
  3. Text size too big

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text size too big: I have windows 10, and all of a sudden all of the text is way too big. The settings say that the text is normal size but i used to be able to read the entire name of things like the names of icons on the desktop and all the text on the file explorer. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  4. My font size is way too big

My font size is way too big: My font size is way to large - how can i shrink it down? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-font-size-is-way-too-big/34021dce-8240-4c29-a2f1-abc549167ca9
  5. Screen too big

Screen too big: My windows 10 screen is too big and I don’t know how to revert back. When I turn the laptop on, it is too big and I cannot click anything to log in. I cannot access resolution and magnifier does not work. I tried the hold shift and restart but that has failed too....
  6. Why is a program GUI too big to fit the screen?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is a program GUI too big to fit the screen?: This is not the first time I have seen this problem, but before it was an annoyance in a different program Ace Utilities, but now it is more serious. I am using a brand new ASUS VIVO notebook and have installed a Cloud backup program called Crashplan. When I open the...
  7. Screen size too big

Screen size too big: Hey everyone My monitor dies so I temporarily theived a 13' led toshiba tv I have around. Connected via HDMI Running Windows 10 insider latest build My desktop is way too large to fit on the screen. I have to drag the tasl bar up to its maximum height just to see it....
  8. Corrupted files/size far too big

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupted files/size far too big: [ATTACH] Help - I copied my images from phone to laptop. Now the folder is showing astronomical sizes, and all files are corrupted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupted-filessize-far-too-big/9a0a7d33-859c-43c3-8150-4c67861c66ae"
  9. Font size too big for some programs

Font size too big for some programs: Hey guys. I need your help. Not long ago, I refreshed my Windows 10 laptop. when installing programs I noticed some of them now seem to have a bolder font than their usual appearance. The used to look like this... [ATTACH] I regret not having a screenshot of Easy Audio...
  10. Screen too Big!

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen too Big!: My laptop is connected to my HD TV via an HDTV cable. But the blown-up screen encroaches beyond the 42"HD frame, so I have a difficult time scrolling, getting to the bottom and top bars. I want to settings and display, but I couldn't figure out how to shrink the screen enough...