Windows 10: Screen snip feature of Snip & Sketch App got broken in Windows 10_2004

Discus and support Screen snip feature of Snip & Sketch App got broken in Windows 10_2004 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Screen snip feature which is triggered by either pressing 'Print Screen Key' if enabled in windows settings, or by 'Windows + Shift + S' or by manually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KhansSweetHome, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Screen snip feature of Snip & Sketch App got broken in Windows 10_2004

Screen snip feature which is triggered by either pressing 'Print Screen Key' if enabled in windows settings, or by 'Windows + Shift + S' or by manually using option in the Screen Snip & Sketch app through its interface, has gone broken after upgrading to Windows 10_2004. It is a very useful tool and worked perfectly until windows 10_1909.

However now this feature simply does not work. Whenever it is triggered through shortcut or even manually from app, the cursor changes to waiting cursor, like system is trying to do something but than it disappears and nothing happens. No matter how many times you try, it remain the same.

Windows system files are already checked using 'SFC /scannow' and it shows no problems. The app is uninstalled and reinstalled, but still to no avail.

Are other people having this same issue after this May 2020 upgrade?

When is Microsoft going to patch this, since it is frustrating after getting used to to this useful tool.

:)

KhansSweetHome, Jul 1, 2020

2. Snip and Sketch Awkward

Use Windows+shift+s to launch Snip and Sketch. Can snip a screenshot.

Now the problem is this: after snipping the screen shot, it does not automatically appear in the Snip and Sketch app. So I open Snip and Sketch and there's nothing on it.

So I have choose 'new' and snip the screen yet again.

I recall using this once and taking a screenshot and voila! Snip and Sketch appeared with the screen shot duly in the app's workspace, ready for annotations and saving etc. This facility has disappeared. I have re-set it according to instructions, and even
    reinstalled it - yet the problem persists.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

StephenAustinHK, Jul 1, 2020
  3. MesPia Win User
    Snip & Sketch - Improved Features?

Snip & Sketch in Windows 10 is supposed to have improved features over the Windows 10 Snipping Tool. Granted it allows you to sketch in the snapshot you take, but it seems to be missing some nice features of the Snipping Tools, such as the ability to set
    the snipping mode (Free Form, Rectangular, Window, or Full-Screen, as well as the important Delay option to allow you to get screen shots of popups, tooltips, and other transient screen elements.

Unless I'm missing something, those features are not in Snip & Sketch, am I right? The Snipping Tool has a message when you bring it up saying that "Snipping Tool is moving..." I hope that doesn't mean that it's going away.

MesPia, Jul 1, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

Screen snip feature of Snip & Sketch App got broken in Windows 10_2004

Screen Sketch app renamed to Snip & Sketch in Windows 10 Insider build

You can choose snip delays from jump lists as well...

Screen snip feature of Snip & Sketch App got broken in Windows 10_2004 [​IMG]

Screen snip feature of Snip & Sketch App got broken in Windows 10_2004 [​IMG]

Edwin, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Screen snip feature of Snip & Sketch App got broken in Windows 10_2004

1. Screen snip feature of Snip & Sketch App got broken in Windows 10_2004 - Similar Threads - Screen snip feature

2. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  3. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  4. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Snip & Sketch app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch app: On my Snip & Sketch app when I go to make a snip my Cross hair to make the window is gone. Do you know how I can bring it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-app/baad857f-4ad3-4128-a1a0-6fa847f7764a
  6. Snip & Sketch app

Snip & Sketch app: On my Snip & Sketch app when I go to make a snip my Cross hair to make the window is gone. Do you know how I can bring it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-app/baad857f-4ad3-4128-a1a0-6fa847f7764a
  7. Snip & Sketch Feature

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snip & Sketch Feature: I use Snip & Sketch frequently and it's a nice simple tool for most tasks. What it is desperately lacking is a constrain modifier to be able to draw straight lines easily without having to needlessly click and drag tools around. The ruler is very nice, especially for marking...
  8. Screen snip feature of Snip & Sketch App got broken in Windows 10_2004

Screen snip feature of Snip & Sketch App got broken in Windows 10_2004: Screen snip feature which is triggered by either pressing 'Print Screen Key' if enabled in windows settings, or by 'Windows + Shift + S' or by manually using option in the Screen Snip & Sketch app through its interface, has gone broken after upgrading to Windows 10_2004. It...
  9. Screen snip feature of Snip & Sketch App got broken in Windows 10_2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen snip feature of Snip & Sketch App got broken in Windows 10_2004: Screen snip feature which is triggered by either pressing 'Print Screen Key' if enabled in windows settings, or by 'Windows + Shift + S' or by manually using option in the Screen Snip & Sketch app through its interface, has gone broken after upgrading to Windows 10_2004. It...
  10. Snip & Sketch broken for me.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip & Sketch broken for me.: So I'm having an issue with my Snip and Sketch not working. whenever I go to click the button in the notification pop out it says "you'll need an app to open this ms-screenclip link" and my only option is to search the Microsoft app store and when i click that button nothing...