Windows 10: Screen snip shortcut acting funky

Discus and support Screen snip shortcut acting funky in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When i press Win+Shift+S for the quick snip tool, when i try to drag the size of the screen snip I want, it constantly ends before I let go of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Zanity79, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Screen snip shortcut acting funky

When i press Win+Shift+S for the quick snip tool, when i try to drag the size of the screen snip I want, it constantly ends before I let go of the mouse click. Any fixes?

submitted by /u/Zanity79
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Zanity79, Jan 27, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

To Download a Screen Snip Shortcut

If you used SnippingTool.exe for the shortcut, that would run the Snipping Tool app instead of Screen Snip.

Brink, Jan 27, 2021
  3. To Download a Screen Snip Shortcut

Does not work on my Win10 1803 , its "saying"; you need a new app !
    When using "Programs"in the startmenu ( typing "Screen Snip ") it does work . How to make the Screen Snip Context menu working..........??

maybe language-problem ; Screen Snip = Knipprogramma ( Dutch) ???
    Got the Shortcut working by making shortcut from the SnippingTool.exe ( system 32 )

Remains the context-menu ............

pietcorus2, Jan 27, 2021
  4. Screen snip shortcut acting funky

OneNote screen capture shortcut conflicts with Windows10 Search shortcut

Hi Frank,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

Window + S is used for search in Windows 10. So, I suggest you to use the below shortcut methods to take the screenshot and check if it helps.

• Keyboard Shortcut – Windows + PrtScn.

• Keyboard Shortcut – PrtScn.

• Keyboard Shortcut – Alt + PrtScn.

• You can also use snipping tool take the screen shot in Windows 10.
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Screen snip shortcut acting funky

1. Screen snip shortcut acting funky - Similar Threads - Screen snip shortcut

2. Changing default keyboard shortcuts? Particularly for screen snipping tool?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing default keyboard shortcuts? Particularly for screen snipping tool?: Is there a general way? What I'm specifically after is to change the one for the screen snipping tool from Win + Shift + S (default) to PrtScr Thank you. submitted by /u/nerd137503 [link] [comments]...
  3. funky file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    funky file: i found a file on one drive it is unconfirmed21254.crdownload does anyone what this is?....thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/funky-file/4f7a84e2-739b-4604-a4dd-8a0282e1e7a6
  4. Snip and sketch shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip and sketch shortcut: I'm trying to use my snip and sketch shortcut using winkey+shift+s but it doesn't work anymore. It doesn't register the command and I have to manually open the app instead of the screen going dim and showing the options at the top of the screen....
  5. Desktop shortcuts acting up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop shortcuts acting up: A few days ago, the game shortcuts on my desktop started showing green circles in the left bottom on each one, which I thought was because they were backed up by OneDrive, which I thought was probably a new update. A little while after that, random new shortcuts got placed on...
  6. I spilled water on my keyboard and now it's acting funky?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I spilled water on my keyboard and now it's acting funky?: So I accidentally spilt water on my keyboard and now it's typing hn instead of h and bm instead of b. I've cleaned with alcohol & q-tips while it was unplugged and it's still doing this. I don't have any compressed air in my storage and I'm sure I got all the water out-...
  7. funky start up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    funky start up: Every time I close all my apps, and then do a normal shut down of my Windows 10 computer, when I turn it back on a day or so later, it reopens any program or web pages that were open before I closed all the apps prior to shut down. How do I stop this!?...
  8. Shortcut Snipping tool

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut Snipping tool: I have a surface book 2. How can i assign the prtscn button to take a screenshot with the microsoft snipping tool? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-snipping-tool/4b4e09f7-4579-46eb-8995-aa5406b432b6
  9. Snip and Sketch shortcuts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip and Sketch shortcuts.: Is it possible to create a taskbar shortcut to open 'Snip and Sketch' directly and without it opening the whole App? These images should clarify what I mean. Snip and Sketch can be added to the taskbar but it always opens as shown. By pure chance I found a button in the...
  10. Create Screen Snip Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Screen Snip Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Screen Snip Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create Screen Snip Shortcut in Windows 10 Starting with Screen Snip feature has been added to Windows 10 to be able to quickly snip and share a screenshot. You can snip a rectangle, something a bit more...