Windows 10: Screen snip Tool on my Windows 10 Prof 20H2 does not function

Discus and support Screen snip Tool on my Windows 10 Prof 20H2 does not function in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Please see screenshots below in order of execution. For some reason the defaultScreen snip tool is not working as expected ? I had to resort to using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cyberflake, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Screen snip Tool on my Windows 10 Prof 20H2 does not function

Please see screenshots below in order of execution. For some reason the defaultScreen snip tool is not working as expected ? I had to resort to using the olderSnipping Tool whenever I want to take screenshots & crop.

After highlighting/cropping the desktop area, then you normally see the popup notification that the screenshot is captured and you click on is to open it up, also that you see the thumbnail on the sidebar that slides in such as when open the action center from the notification icon on the right side on the taskbar. -None of this happens. Nothing happens as if the screenshot never happened.

Screenshot 1:

Screen snip Tool on my Windows 10 Prof 20H2 does not function 73222dc1-532d-4c94-9efa-6fa30c9ea98e?upload=true.png

Screenshot 2: you are supposed to be able top open the cropped image after releasing the mouse button

Screen snip Tool on my Windows 10 Prof 20H2 does not function 9fe56f95-749c-440a-986b-79c703949cdb?upload=true.png

:)

Cyberflake, Jan 6, 2021

2. Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Ahhzz, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Screen snip Tool on my Windows 10 Prof 20H2 does not function

Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

It's basically a super-powered Screen Shot tool. Lets you take screen shots of specific areas on your screen, either in a rectangular shape, or in free form "draw to outline" type shapes. Useful for setting up directions for some of my older clients, so they have a picture to go with the "Click the blue scan button" text *Smile Screen snip Tool on my Windows 10 Prof 20H2 does not function :). Anything past Vista has it, but the 10 version added the ability to print directly from the program, as well as a "Delay" function, so you can do things like bring up menus or use hotkeys, and then screen shot that.

Ahhzz, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

Screen snip Tool on my Windows 10 Prof 20H2 does not function

1. Screen snip Tool on my Windows 10 Prof 20H2 does not function - Similar Threads - Screen snip Tool

2. Windows 10 Screen Snip Tool is Not Working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Screen Snip Tool is Not Working: I am having a problem with the Screen Snip tool in Windows 10When I click on the Screen Snip tool in the Notification menu, it opens fine & the snip options are available at the top of the screenHowever, after I use the tool to select/highlight area of the screen I want to...
  3. Windows 10 Screen Snip Tool is Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Screen Snip Tool is Not Working: I am having a problem with the Screen Snip tool in Windows 10When I click on the Screen Snip tool in the Notification menu, it opens fine & the snip options are available at the top of the screenHowever, after I use the tool to select/highlight area of the screen I want to...
  4. Windows 10 Screen Snip Tool is Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Snipping Tool does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool does not work: I downloaded Windows 11. Really like it so far. But my Snipping Tool does not work. I read that the new tool can be accessed using the Windows+Shift+S keys, but I get nothing. So I can PrntScreen and get the whole screen, but no ability to modify it, draw or circle stuff like...
  6. Snipping Tool does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool does not work: I downloaded Windows 11. Really like it so far. But my Snipping Tool does not work. I read that the new tool can be accessed using the Windows+Shift+S keys, but I get nothing. So I can PrntScreen and get the whole screen, but no ability to modify it, draw or circle stuff like...
  7. "Screen snip" tool delay (*NOT* Snipping tool)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Screen snip" tool delay (*NOT* Snipping tool): How do I use the "Screen snip" tool with a delay? (As mentioned, I'm NOT referring to the 'Snipping tool'.) submitted by /u/opertinicy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k4bh3n/screen_snip_tool_delay_not_snipping_tool/
  8. screen snip tool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    screen snip tool: where does the screen snip tool put my snips https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-snip-tool/5012aa37-ae17-468d-8470-bb898f86ff2d
  9. "Screen Snip" tool delay (like 'Snipping Tool')?

"Screen Snip" tool delay (like 'Snipping Tool')?: I like the quick convenience of the 'Screen Snip' tool (opened by pressing Win+Shift+S). However, is there an option to implement a delay (like the previous 'Snipping Tool')? Without a delay, it's pretty much impossible to capture pop-up menus. submitted by /u/aaronth07...
  10. "Screen Snip" tool delay (like 'Snipping Tool')?

"Screen Snip" tool delay (like 'Snipping Tool')?: I like the quick convenience of the (relatively) new 'Screen snip' tool. However, is there an option to implement a delay (like the previous 'Snipping Tool')? submitted by /u/opertinicy [link] [comments]...