Windows 10: Screen started to minimize

Discus and support Screen started to minimize in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use Windows 10, a laptop with an on-screen keyboard. The screen of my laptop started to minimize by itself. This issue occurs without any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Charlton Blanco, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Screen started to minimize

I use Windows 10, a laptop with an on-screen keyboard. The screen of my laptop started to minimize by itself. This issue occurs without any participation from my side and I have to make it larger manually.

:)

Charlton Blanco, Nov 13, 2018

2. Involuntary screen minimization

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• What is the make and model of the computer ?
    I suggest you to check in safe mode and clean boot.

Method 1:

Boot the computer in Safe Mode and place the computer in Clean Boot and check if the issue persists.

Step 1:

Safe mode starts Windows with a limited set of files and drivers. Startup programs don't run in safe mode, and only the basic drivers needed to start Windows are installed.

I would suggest you to try the steps in the below Microsoft help article on
    How to Boot into Safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...ther-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Step 2:

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows.

I would suggest you to refer the below Microsoft help article on How to Perform Clean boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10 also.

Disclaimer:

To start the computer in normal mode refer the section,
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the link below

Method 2:

Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter to troubleshoot the device:

a. Press Windows key to launch the Start screen.

b. Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes and click on Troubleshooting.

c. In the new window, click View all on the left pane.

d. In the list of options, click on Hardware and devices.

e. Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Keep us posted for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Nov 13, 2018
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Screen started to minimize

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Screen started to minimize

1. Screen started to minimize - Similar Threads - Screen started minimize

2. Google starting minimized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google starting minimized: Using Windows 11 here.Whenever I start Google, it starts minimized for some reason. I've tried changing the properties from 'Run - Normal window' to 'Run - Maximized' and yet nothing changes. Is there something I can do for this? Thanks....
  3. Google starting minimized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google starting minimized: Using Windows 11 here.Whenever I start Google, it starts minimized for some reason. I've tried changing the properties from 'Run - Normal window' to 'Run - Maximized' and yet nothing changes. Is there something I can do for this? Thanks....
  4. Starting an app minimized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Starting an app minimized: How do I start an app minimized? I want my apps to start minimized whenever I start my windows.whether its minimized to the system tray or just the taskbar it does not matter.I tried to use the right-click, options, Run minimized but it does do anything. maximized does not...
  5. Starting an app minimized

Starting an app minimized: How do I start an app minimized? I want my apps to start minimized whenever I start my windows.whether its minimized to the system tray or just the taskbar it does not matter.I tried to use the right-click, options, Run minimized but it does do anything. maximized does not...
  6. Games minimize at start in full-screen - How to fix it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games minimize at start in full-screen - How to fix it?: Hello, I have a problem when I want to play games in full-screen. Every time when I try it, the game automatically minimize at the start. When I try to open it, it kicks me out like pressing (alt + tab). It feels like when I open it, the game loses the focus. I have no...
  7. How to start a program minimized

in Windows 10 Support
    How to start a program minimized: Hi... I made a new string on the following registry key: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run I got the program to start on windows startup. But I need it to open minimized. What do I need to do to make it open...
  8. Minimize my screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Minimize my screen: Were there changes today? Suddenly I cannot minimize my screen - ARRRRGH https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minimize-my-screen/adc52697-2fad-488b-a122-e51a2cdbea98
  9. Start Magnifier at boot, and minimized

Start Magnifier at boot, and minimized: Hello Everyone, Windows' ease of use functionalities include a Magnifier tool which is very useful to me as a teacher. The pain is, it displays its window when started (instead of just running quietly in the background). I found this short thread addressing the matter, but...
  10. minimize screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    minimize screen: For a couple of weeks now, if I want to put a web page on my desktop, I would minimize the page and left click on the address bar and move the icon to the desktop. Now when I try to minimize the page I get a small blue line around the page and it does not minimize. Is there...