Windows 10: screen startup icons disappeared

Discus and support screen startup icons disappeared in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I vacuumed the keyboard and screen and the whole display icons went wonky. When I click on the windows startup, the icons aren't there, and instead... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HKai110, Jun 13, 2019.

1. HKai110 Win User

screen startup icons disappeared

I vacuumed the keyboard and screen and the whole display icons went wonky. When I click on the windows startup, the icons aren't there, and instead there are three "things" on the top left

start, pinned tiles, and all icons. If I click on all icons, the icons are spread all over the monitor instead of at the bottom left where they belong. I've contacted support and gotten no help at all.

:)

HKai110, Jun 13, 2019

2. Tray icon disappears

I've been experiencing since the installation of Windows XP SP2 on multiple machines with the ATITool Tray Icon disappearing upon load at system startup. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. Enabling or Disabling the "Hide Inactive (tray) Icons" WinXP menu option doesn't have any effect. The only way to open ATITool after it has loaded is to go through the start menu to open it again. I have "minimize on close" selected in ATITool. When closing ATITool, you see it make the motions of minimizing to the tray area but no icon is displayed. Any ideas?

djshowergel, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jun 13, 2019
  4. screen startup icons disappeared

Cannot launch Settings on startup menu

Hi Luky,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps below.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.
    After the Startup Repair is complete, check for the status.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

screen startup icons disappeared

1. screen startup icons disappeared - Similar Threads - screen startup icons

2. Icons disappearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons disappearing: Win10 Home. My desktop icons have disappeared. The names of the programs are still there, and the programs still run - just no icons, although I cannot read the properties of these programs I tried all the simple things, witth no luck. Ran 'sfc /scannow' and it found some...
  3. Icons disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons disappearing: when I logged in to my PC the recycle bin icon disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-disappearing/92a29620-29b6-4463-8445-cab2527944d4
  4. icons disappearing??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    icons disappearing??: I logged onto my pc today only to find all of my icons are gone. the names for each application are there and each app works just as intended however, no icons. even in file explorer as well as on my taskbar no icons what so ever. i spent about 2 hours on chat with someone...
  5. icons disappear

icons disappear: I must have touched sometghing but my icons have completely disappeared from my desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-disappear/f31b64d0-e16a-4e98-b931-c164d6a92521
  6. Photos Disappeared in Startup Screen

Photos Disappeared in Startup Screen: The original slideshow photos with optional info and questions have disappeared from my computer startup screen. Is there any way to get them back? [Original Title: desktop]...
  7. Icon disappear

Icon disappear: My icons (right bottom) won't show these 3 icons (power, volume, wifi) at once. It just show 2 icons only and the other 1 will disappear but will appear if i drag one out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-disappear/c8c9de77-874d-4232-bbeb-0c76c47a3619
  8. The app icons have suddenly disappeared from the startup screen (the screen is now a blue...

The app icons have suddenly disappeared from the startup screen (the screen is now a blue...: Why have the app icons on the startup screen (that is now a blank blue) suddenly disappeared and how do I recover them? To get to my apps I must now go the menu route (icon in left lower corner) which is lengthy....
  9. Unknown taskbar icon flashes and quickly disappears upon startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown taskbar icon flashes and quickly disappears upon startup: Whenever I startup Windows 10 Creators Update these days, I always seem to get an unknown taskbar icon that flashes and quickly disappears. Here is a video for you guys to see what I'm talking about - it appears right next to the quick launch Firefox icon at the start....
  10. Icons disappeared from the Start screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons disappeared from the Start screen: All of the icons for the desktop apps have suddently disappeared from my start menu. This morning, upon logging into my account I was presented with this: [img] No desktop app - except for Microsoft Word, god knows why - had an icon. Instead, they're all blank. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. startup icons disappeared