Windows 10: screen staying bright

Discus and support screen staying bright in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My screen was bright all night. It stopped resting, or going dormant, or whatever you call it. Can you help me? Thanks.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kurtmullen, Aug 8, 2019.

1. screen staying bright

My screen was bright all night. It stopped resting, or going dormant, or whatever you call it. Can you help me? Thanks.

:)

kurtmullen, Aug 8, 2019

2. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Aug 8, 2019
  3. monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Aug 8, 2019
  4. screen staying bright

how to adjust the screen brightness?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

How exactly did you try to adjust the brightness on your system?

I suggest you to check the below link to know how to change brightness on Windows 10:Change screen brightness

If however you are not able to change the brightness, I suggest you update your display drivers and check if it helps:

You can update drivers from the Device Manager.

• Right click on start button and click on Device manager.
      • Select Display adapter and expand it.
      • Right click on the device and select Update driver.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

screen staying bright

1. screen staying bright - Similar Threads - screen staying bright

2. When plugged in, battery saver turns off, but the screen brightness stays at the battery...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When plugged in, battery saver turns off, but the screen brightness stays at the battery...: For my laptop Lenovo Ideapad Slim 5i, I have these battery saver set so that it turns on at 20% and lowers the brightness of my screen when it turns on.Then, whenever I plug it in to charge, the battery saver turns off--this is normalMy main issue is that when the battery...
  3. When plugged in, battery saver turns off, but the screen brightness stays at the battery...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When plugged in, battery saver turns off, but the screen brightness stays at the battery...: For my laptop Lenovo Ideapad Slim 5i, I have these battery saver set so that it turns on at 20% and lowers the brightness of my screen when it turns on.Then, whenever I plug it in to charge, the battery saver turns off--this is normalMy main issue is that when the battery...
  4. Windows 10 Home Stays Bright White

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home Stays Bright White: Please post the MS link that fixes the Registry in Windows 10 Home Stays Bright White to keep it dark.I have reset DARK mode 13 times but the 3 jumps back to 1 or 2.I can not use my PC becaue I cannot see a glaring, blinding, brite White background, etc. Thanks - Gary :...
  5. Windows 10 Home Stays Bright White

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home Stays Bright White: Please post the MS link that fixes the Registry in Windows 10 Home Stays Bright White to keep it dark.I have reset DARK mode 13 times but the 3 jumps back to 1 or 2.I can not use my PC becaue I cannot see a glaring, blinding, brite White background, etc. Thanks - Gary :...
  6. screen brightness icon stays on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen brightness icon stays on screen: my screen brightness icon stays on the screen at the lowest light level. When I try to adjust to a brighter setting it will adjust to a brighter setting but goes back to the lowest setting and the icon stays on screen. I am not to tech so please walk me threw a fix if poss....
  7. Screen brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen brightness: hi. I use a Lenovo(new). Screen brightness is fine until I unplug the power cord. Then its really dark on the laptop screen even the brightness adjustment is full. Please can you advise. thanks regards Vic...
  8. screen brightness

screen brightness: I thought i was installing an update from MS. It is called Surface_Brightess_Control_v1.12.139.0 and I did download it straight from the MS website. The issue is after downloading it my screen stays at 100% brightness. I adjust it down and it goes right back to 100%. I...
  9. Continually Losing Screen Brightness Adjustment + Screen Stays Dim

Continually Losing Screen Brightness Adjustment + Screen Stays Dim: Hi there - I'm running Windows 10 Home 64-bit version 1809 on an Asus UX-331 (i7-8559U; 8GB RAM). I'm having problems with my either monitor adapter or display adapter driver (Intel HD Graphics 620). I'm continually losing the ability to adjust screen brightness and am...
  10. Screen Brightness

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Brightness: My laptop screen brightness is always at Max even when I reduce it. And there is also no sleep option. I make use of windows 10. Please any suggestion 107296

Users found this page by searching for:

1. last windows 10 update made my screen too bright

2. screen dim driver