Windows 10: Screen stays on when entered sleep on tablet.

Discus and support Screen stays on when entered sleep on tablet. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have the acer iocnia w510 (spec), upgraded from 8.1 to win 10 10240. That seemed to go fine, but when now entering sleep mode the screen darkens, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cixoos, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Cixoos Win User

Screen stays on when entered sleep on tablet.

I have the acer iocnia w510 (spec), upgraded from 8.1 to win 10 10240. That seemed to go fine, but when now entering sleep mode the screen darkens, but the backlight is still on. Any idea why this happens?

:)

Cixoos, Jul 16, 2015
  2. RussJudge Win User

Tablet won't stay asleep after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

I have applied the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (1607) to an HP Stream 7 tablet (Windows 10 Home edition, 32-bit).

I run an application I created myself on this tablet, which closes Windows Explorer so that the tablet becomes a kiosk of sorts. Before the Windows update, the tablet would go into sleep mode as expected (set for 1 minute) and remain asleep. After
    the update, the tablet goes into sleep mode after that 1 minute, but then within a couple of seconds it wakes back up. No power settings were changed, and the application itself has not changed between the Windows update.

The same issue occurs when the power button is pressed--within seconds of pressing the power button, sending the tablet into sleep mode, the tablet wakes right back up. If I exit my application and return to Windows Explorer (the application restarts
    Explorer when it exits), the tablet goes into sleep mode correctly, and stays in sleep mode.

How can this be fixed so that the tablet will go into sleep mode when my application is running and stay in sleep mode?

RussJudge, Jul 16, 2015
  3. hongrn Win User
    Windows 10 goes to sleep too fast

I turned off tablet mode, but still didn't work. All the settings were set to never sleep, don't sleep, don't you dare sleep, no screen saver, no tablet mode. My laptop will stay on and not go to sleep, but as soon as I put it to sleep so I can do other
    things, it will revert to going to sleep every 2 minutes. To prevent this, I restart the laptop. So, in Windows 10, there are 2 settings: Never Sleep, and Sleep every 2 minutes. And I constantly get asked the questions whether I wish to recommend W10...

hongrn, Jul 16, 2015
Thema:

Screen stays on when entered sleep on tablet.

1. Screen stays on when entered sleep on tablet. - Similar Threads - Screen stays entered

2. PC crashes when it enters sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes when it enters sleep: Hi! My PC keeps crashing when it tries to enter sleep mode. It'll try to sleep but ultimately shuts off. I have updated bios and GPU. If there are any documents I need to attach, please let me know. Thank you!...
  3. PC crashes when it enters sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashes when it enters sleep: Hi! My PC keeps crashing when it tries to enter sleep mode. It'll try to sleep but ultimately shuts off. I have updated bios and GPU. If there are any documents I need to attach, please let me know. Thank you!...
  4. PC crashes when it enters sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Sleep mode when I hit Enter

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep mode when I hit Enter: Every time I use the ENTER key my laptop goes to sleep. Today is the first time it has happened, and rebooting hasn't resolved it. I haven't installed anything new, don't use this laptop often. How do I make this stop happening?...
  6. Sleep mode when I hit Enter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep mode when I hit Enter: Every time I use the ENTER key my laptop goes to sleep. Today is the first time it has happened, and rebooting hasn't resolved it. I haven't installed anything new, don't use this laptop often. How do I make this stop happening?...
  7. My Dell 7200 tablet will not enter sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Dell 7200 tablet will not enter sleep mode: Ever since my tablet updated it will not sleep. The screen will go dark but tablet stays awake. I tried everything I can think of o resolve this. I think its a possible driver problem with 20H2 release, but not sure. I finally wiped the HD and reinstalled Win 10 20H2 and all...
  8. Laptop screen stays black after sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop screen stays black after sleep: I have an HP Envy x360 2-in-1 laptop that's about 2 years old now. Over the past few weeks I've had an odd problem where frequently after it goes to sleep I'll wake it up and it seems to come awake but the screen stays black. I can see the power light comes on, the fan spins...
  9. Unable to enter into the recovery mode and screen stays black

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to enter into the recovery mode and screen stays black: Device: HP laptop pavilion 15 N208TX I am not able to enter into the recovery mode and neither my windows is booting. Everytime I start up my laptop, it goes into the automatic repair mode and gives me BSOD. If I try to enter into the recovery mode, my laptop restarts and...
  10. BSOD when entering sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when entering sleep: Starting getting this BSOD since updating to the anniversary update. New computer built 3 weeks ago was fine until then. Only happens when entering sleep. Any help would be much appreciated! Attachment 94970 59380