Windows 10: Screen Stuck on "Provide a PIN" No other options. No way to get into the Desktop.

Discus and support Screen Stuck on "Provide a PIN" No other options. No way to get into the Desktop. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Last night, I was playing Warzone. It was completely fine, no issues. After logging off and shutting down, I went to bed. I did not update, uninstall,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by XavierMito, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Screen Stuck on "Provide a PIN" No other options. No way to get into the Desktop.

Last night, I was playing Warzone. It was completely fine, no issues. After logging off and shutting down, I went to bed. I did not update, uninstall, or do anything out of the ordinary. However, the next day, there was a message saying "Provide a PIN." Underneath that, there was a button which said "OK" However many times I tried to press OK, it flashed like I clicked it, but continued displaying the message. The box to put my password in does not appear.

I have tried restarting and also leaving it for a day, but I am faced with the same issue. I cannot go into the desktop and disable my pin. What should I do?

:)

XavierMito, Jul 15, 2020

2. windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 15, 2020
  3. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Screen Stuck on "Provide a PIN" No other options. No way to get into the Desktop.

Stuck in diagnostic mode, PIN # not accepted, please help

I had no issues with my computer prior. I simply was following some online suggestions for ways to reduce lag in an online game we like to play. The suggestion was to turn diagnostic mode on, which I did. I shut my computer off and when I turned it back on and entered my PIN # it said it was incorrect, yet, it is indeed correct. This started a week worth of nonstop research on how to undo this mess. I can hold the shift key down while restarting my computer and I get a blue screen where I have several options. I have tried restarting my computer to previous version, does not work. I have gone to troubleshooting, advance, options and I get to the point that I can see a list of options like safe mode and etc. but cannot click on any options in the list, instead it says restart computer to get me to those options which when I restart takes me right back to the Windows login screen. I tried to pull up command prompt and it asks for my PIN # which it will not accept. I click on forgot password and it restarts PC and takes me right back to the windows login screen where my PIN is still not accepted. I try to get to safe mode, it asks for the user account and then the PIN # that again, it will not accept. I have turned the PC on and off 3 times to start the auto repair and it just takes me to the same screen as holding down the shift key when restarting. I don't know what else to do, I cannot get to safe mode because it requires a PIN # that it does not accept, I cannot get into command prompt because it requires a PIN # that again says is incorrect, I cannot get anywhere with any of the online options or directions I see that works for many people. WHAT DO I DO? Any help or suggestions??

thytaysmom, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Screen Stuck on "Provide a PIN" No other options. No way to get into the Desktop.

1. Screen Stuck on "Provide a PIN" No other options. No way to get into the Desktop. - Similar Threads - Screen Stuck Provide

2. Forgot PIN with No Other Log-In Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot PIN with No Other Log-In Options: I am attempting to log-in to my PC. However, I forgot the PIN. I entered too many incorrect PINs, and now, to attempt to enter a PIN again, I have to enter the A1B2C3 challenge phrase. Once I do that, the PC presents me with the blank PIN field, and nothing else. I do not...
  3. Forgot PIN, no other login options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot PIN, no other login options: I lost the PIN for a Windows laptop. When I hit "forgot my PIN" the screen said "just a moment" and had a spinning circle. It stayed that way for about 10 minutes, then there was a popup that said "you must download an app from the Store to complete this request". When I...
  4. Forgot PIN, no other login options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot PIN, no other login options: I lost the PIN for a Windows laptop. When I hit "forgot my PIN" the screen said "just a moment" and had a spinning circle. It stayed that way for about 10 minutes, then there was a popup that said "you must download an app from the Store to complete this request". When I...
  5. Screen stuck on "Provide a Pin"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen stuck on "Provide a Pin": My computer is stuck on the provide a pin page and when I click the okay button nothing happens. I have followed the steps from a previous question someone posted having the same issue however none I just run into more issues. 1st the reset this PC button doesn't do anything,...
  6. Screen stuck on "Provide a Pin"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen stuck on "Provide a Pin": My computer is stuck on the provide a pin page and when I click the okay button nothing happens. I have followed the steps from a previous question someone posted having the same issue however none I just run into more issues. 1st the reset this PC button doesn't do anything,...
  7. forgotten PIN and no other way to log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    forgotten PIN and no other way to log in: a few weeks ago i changed the PIN to my computer and made it the only sign-in option. i have now forgotten it and tried to guess it, which only made the "forgot PIN?" button disappear, so there is literally no way i can log in or recover the code. is there anything i can do...
  8. Login: no other option but PIN

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Login: no other option but PIN: Hi, I have a laptop in which I've never configured a PIN, I've been using only my microsoft account password to login. Today, I turned my laptop on, only to find that W10 only gave me the choice to login via PIN (even though I've never set one). I can't choose another login...
  9. "Provide a PIN" screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    "Provide a PIN" screen: I was using my device normaly after logging off and shutting down, I went to bed. I did not update, uninstall, or do anything out of the ordinary. However, the next day, there was a message saying "Provide a PIN." Underneath that, there was a button which said "OK" However...
  10. Please provide option to display Lock Screen Wallpapers on Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please provide option to display Lock Screen Wallpapers on Desktop: It's a real shame that I can't use the awesome wallpapers that was used for the lock screen whenever I see a good one before I log in. I would love to see such feature implemented in the Display Settings to show the Lock Scren Wallpapers inside the Desktop. Can Microsoft...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. “provide a pin” ok windows

2. stuck at provide a pin